Great Woods SOLD OUT BUT I GOT MINE

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

drparrotheadphd
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 0

Great Woods SOLD OUT BUT I GOT MINE

Post by drparrotheadphd »

Got my tickets to Buffett at Great Woods! Who's gonna join me?!?!
PhanonHarley
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: to many to list
Number of Concerts: 25
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by PhanonHarley »

well, that was fast. Still trying though. I will be there come hell or high water. Last year for Fenway show i waited untill 5pm and scored forth row from the center stage. So i will be patient.
"The sky turns blue and the sun appears but the questions still what are we doing here"
Johnny's Lounge
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: ~~^~~ Fins ~~^~~
Number of Concerts: 34
Favorite Boat Drink: I Don't Know anymore.

Post by Johnny's Lounge »

That was the easiest time I ever had getting tickets through ticketmaster on line. 2 minutes. :D
"Reading departure signs in some big airport
Reminds me of the places I've been.
Visions of good times that brought
so much pleasure
makes me want to go back again."
Johnny's Lounge
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: ~~^~~ Fins ~~^~~
Number of Concerts: 34
Favorite Boat Drink: I Don't Know anymore.

Post by Johnny's Lounge »

Oh, I should also add that first, usually I can't get them on line and I have high speed. Second, after clicking on best available tickets and after the 2 minutes the best available was section 11. No problem though, It beats the e-bay prices, I can afford to eat & drink before the show, and I didn't have to take a second mortgage for the tickets.
"Reading departure signs in some big airport
Reminds me of the places I've been.
Visions of good times that brought
so much pleasure
makes me want to go back again."
TMHB
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by TMHB »

Johnny's Lounge wrote:That was the easiest time I ever had getting tickets through ticketmaster on line. 2 minutes. :D
I agree.

8 tix at 10:01 and another 8 by phone.

:
drparrotheadphd
Southeast of disorder

Post by drparrotheadphd »

Contratulations. This the first time I've ever been able to get them online. Not the best tickets, but i agree... no i can afford some extra cases of Kalik before the show. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL LET US IN THE PARKING LOT EARLY!
mommar
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by mommar »

None here, wa wa wa.............

I couldn't read the code name in that stupid box. They used some kind of fancy font the first time so I had to go back and try again. I couldn't tell if one letter was an l or a t, and another letter could have been a c or an e
it was horrible horrible horrible.
tequilatom
On a Salty Piece of Land
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by tequilatom »

section 2 row s for the 22nd.this was easy today.
MojosMama
Hoot!
Location: Across from the bar...with a pile of beer cans that's been there 27 years

Post by MojosMama »

YEAH! I got 4 in section 12 (and I got in really early - but I'm happy for whatever...lol!) Monday night, c-ya there!!!!!
PirateJeff
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of a Son of a Sailor
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Cabo Wabo Tequila rocks w/lime or D

Post by PirateJeff »

I can't even blame the usually shoddy ticketmaster, the biggest problem with getting tickets are the brokers and the a**holes who buy tickets and then got to ebay, stubhub, etc to make a quick buck. Very sad.
Some times I feel like a propeller, spin, spin outtta control. I don't who is up on the throttle, boy I wish they would let it go....
MA_Buffett_Fan23
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by MA_Buffett_Fan23 »

MONDAY: SECTION 1, ROW L, SEAT 5

WEDNESDAY: SECTION 2, ROW L, SEAT 25

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :D
parrothead338
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm

Post by parrothead338 »

Wow. I may have had one of the most rediculous and horrifying ticket buying experiences of my life. I went to the Galleria Mall in Cambridge and got my lottery #. They pick it and as usual I have a bad spot. I am about 15 from the front. And I would say the 4th - 13th people in line were ALL scalpers. As if this isnt bad enought what happened next made me sick.

At about 9:58 right before tickets went on sale the woman 3 spots in front of me falls to the ground and passes out. Thankfully the woman behind me knew medical procedures and revived and and found out the woman had a heart condition and forgot to take her pills. At this point the entire line is in chaos. From what people told me the woman was having a heart attack. She was the mother and also sister of two people in line (SCALPERS). My best guess is they brought the poor woman to better their chances of getting tickets. So these two guys are obviously watching over their mother/sister as the medics get there. At the same time they are handling their huge wods of money and giving it to people so they can still get their tickets.

The medics rush the woman out of the store and the son and brother stay at the damn ticket window and still try and get tickets!!! I was so astonished I couldnt even grasp what was happening.

At this point it is around 10:25 and I am still about 8 people from the front. Everyone kept going up and getting tickets. I was wondering why it hadent sold out yet. So I get up to the front and all of a sudden everyone who had bought tickets in front of me come running back to the front screaming "out tickets say OASIS on them." The goddamn clerk sold EVERYONE OASIS tickets instead of Buffett tickets.

At this point both shows were sold out and my increddible BAD luck at buying tickets continues. I was so astonished by what had just occured I didnt know what to do. I just go tback home and my friends got some crappy seats for Wed but got shut out for Monday.

So if anyone has extra tickets for Monday for sale of if you would like to trade some of our seats for Wed for Mon that would be great. I will post in the exhange forum.

Sorry for rambling but the events at the ticket office were so astounding and horrifying I had to tell.

Glad everyone else got through easily :pirate:
-Mike

Sometimes we might fall; stand up taller. Someday we may graduate into a perfect state of mind. OAR
comtnfish
I've got nomad feet & wandering toes
Number of Concerts: 42

Post by comtnfish »

338 - sorry to hear of your ordeal! Crazy!!

I had 2 computers & 2 phones, and only got through once - it was enough, but I wouldn't say easy.....

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

You can dream a dream, and make it true, now what are ya gonna do?
MA_Buffett_Fan23
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by MA_Buffett_Fan23 »

YIKES Mike!!! :o I know friends that were able to get extra tickets, I'll see if I can get some from them at face value...
parrothead338
Overkill
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm

Post by parrothead338 »

MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:YIKES Mike!!! :o I know friends that were able to get extra tickets, I'll see if I can get some from them at face value...
You are the best!!!!!!!!!
-Mike

Sometimes we might fall; stand up taller. Someday we may graduate into a perfect state of mind. OAR
SuperTrooper
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Blue Hawaii

Post by SuperTrooper »

MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:MONDAY: SECTION 1, ROW L, SEAT 5

WEDNESDAY: SECTION 2, ROW L, SEAT 25

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :D
*bowing*

We are not worthy!

Congrats Christina!
habourgirl
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Habour
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by habourgirl »

I'm psyched... I got tickets! I was just trying for lawn anyway, but I'm still happy I got them! I used to try for pavillion seats, but every single time we had seats, a bunch of our group had lawn seats so we ended up there anyway... I'm a big fan of the lawn seats anyway! I may have a few extra... There were a few of my friends who had mentioned they were interested in going but weren't sure about getting the time off from work... (Not true parrotheads like me)... So when i get a definite answer I may have 2 extra lawn seats for the MOnday show.. I"ll post them if and when they do come available... See y'all there!

Tracy

"lawn people: no see, no hear, no care!"
Steele1161
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's the Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Gin/Tonic
Location: Mansfield, MA - Exactly 4.8 miles from the best parking lot on the tour - GREAT WOODS

Post by Steele1161 »

8 tickets for both shows. Groups of 4. All in the open Pavillion.
****** Just going to the ONE Comcast Center show (Formely Tweeter/Great Woods) in June 2011 this year********
phansheridan
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by phansheridan »

I went to the burlington mall filenes this morning and we were the first ones there, i went with my little brother and one of his buddies, we got in line and every 10 or so people that came one of us jumped out of line and went to the end so we would be spread out for the lottery, they drew the ticket and it was my brother right in the front so I traded tickets with him and went to buy the tickets and at first they were having trouble and accidently printed out parking tickets for the monday concert but after about five minutes of ditzing around everyone was getting upset but the guy finally got it and we got 8 lawn seats for wednesday which is what we were goin for, so we're goin with our buddies, gotta check out the ticket exchange or possibly e-bay because me and one of my friends wanna bring our dads to the monday show, if i have to hit up ebay its not the end of the world
Scoman16
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration!, Floridays
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer

Post by Scoman16 »

Got two in Section 8 (isn't that a military term ?) row G for Monday

A single in Section 6 for Wednesday...

We'll see if the schedule permits either or both

I've been treated well
I raised all kinds of hell
When a full tank was only a fin