Great Woods SOLD OUT BUT I GOT MINE

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SweetMelissa
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SweetMelissa »

We had a tough go of it this year! Usually much easier for us. However we did get lucky. We have 8 lawn and 8 seats but they are all scattered. one of the seats is in section 1 row P, 3 seats in section 11 row V, two seats in section 14 row M, and 2 seats not together in section 6 Row N & U!! All for Wednesday! They are some pretty good seats though, none of us care as long as we can tailgate together and then see the show! Sorry to hear some people had such a difficult time! Can't wait until June 22! :D
drparrotheadphd
Southeast of disorder

Post by drparrotheadphd »

Well its five hours after the purchase, and we already have our construction ideas finished for tailgating. I can't say much, but just look for the red jeep with the finzup license plate!!!
MA_Buffett_Fan23
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by MA_Buffett_Fan23 »

SuperTrooper wrote:
MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:MONDAY: SECTION 1, ROW L, SEAT 5

WEDNESDAY: SECTION 2, ROW L, SEAT 25

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :D
*bowing*

We are not worthy!

Congrats Christina!

HAHAHAHAHA I've never had anyone bow for me before... :P Clayton please tell me you're coming?!?!?!
MA_Buffett_Fan23

How did Pat (Bor) and Adam (RAGTOP) make out??
SuperTrooper
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Blue Hawaii

Post by SuperTrooper »

MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:
SuperTrooper wrote:

*bowing*

We are not worthy!

Congrats Christina!

HAHAHAHAHA I've never had anyone bow for me before... :P Clayton please tell me you're coming?!?!?!
The server at work this morning went to hell at 9:58! I'm hoping to hook up with some compassionate parrothead with tix in the ticket threads. I just had an offer of lawn tix for Wed, but wifey will NEVER sit on lawn. :roll:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
MA_Buffett_Fan23

SuperTrooper wrote:
MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:
SuperTrooper wrote:

*bowing*

We are not worthy!

Congrats Christina!

The server at work this morning went to hell at 9:58! I'm hoping to hook up with some compassionate parrothead with tix in the ticket threads. I just had an offer of lawn tix for Wed, but wifey will NEVER sit on lawn. :roll:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm keeping my phins crossed for you.... :D :D Would love to see you and the wifey again! :D
FanInCincy
Hoot!
Location: Wishing I was Sitting on my Boston Whaler in York Harbor, Maine.

Post by FanInCincy »

Well I got shutout on the net and my buddy wasn't able to get any in person either. :x If anyone has 2-4 extra tickets let me know!
"The sea's in my veins, my tradition remains"
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:How did Pat (Bor) and Adam (RAGTOP) make out??

I was third in line...Guy in front of me wanted U2 tix for Conn. The clerk couldn't find U2 listed in the computer this held the line up as the guy insisted they went onsale @ 10 so the clerk was searching the system,(and never found U2 listed) by the time I got to the counter (about 10:10) I was able to get Pav for Mon and Lawn for Wed.

The place I went to said the limit was 4 per show. I was the last person to get tickets after me both shows were sold out. There were only about 15 people total in line so the U2 guy cost at least 3-5 of those people tickets. It was amazing in a bad way that only 2 people got Buffett tickets, the person who was first and me.

It will be nice to set the bar back where it belongs, the Great Woods Parking lot. Even though I have tickets for both shows I may only go to one of the shows but that is TBD.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
phenwayparrothead
Half-baked cookies in the oven

Post by phenwayparrothead »

4 for monday, section 11, got in right away, was hoping best available would be a little better, but its better than nothing. Couldn't get into wednesday, hopefully Ill find a set.
McGee
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 19
Favorite Boat Drink: Mt. Gay Extra Old on the rocks

Post by McGee »

My experience was unusual this time too. I was 4th in line at the Filenes in Providence---The best spot I've ever had by far so I'm happy as hell. Then it gets better because I get through on the phone on MY FIRST TRY!!!

Now my fiance is 8 spots behind me and I'm pretty sure she is going to get tickets too, being in spot#12-----So, trying not to be TOO greedy, I only order 4 on line, because now the first two people have ordered and paid and the third guy is up and it isn't even 10:03 yet and i'm positive I'm a minute away from a 12 ticket bonanza!

Now the smuck in front of me gets his 8 and THEN asks for U2 tickets---Everybody in line moans but the clerk has to help him. So he gets his 8 U2 tickets and now it's 10:05--still not bad. BUT the clerk can't get back into the Buffett shows because of the computer traffic. Finally at 10:10 she gets back in so I ask for 8---not available. Ask for 8 lawn--not available. She can give me 1 lawn. then sold out at 10:12

Now the crowd is getting kinda mean, and I have my 12 year old son with me so we just left before they attacked the poor girl behind the counter.

So, I still have my 4, and I'm happy I won't be doing the ticket tango for the next 3 months, but that guy in 3rd position was an A$$

Now I have a question. With all the commotion, I never heard the phone voice tell me where my seats are. Is there a place I can plug in the confirmation # to find out?
Indecision may or may not be my problem....
Lost in Margaritaville
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Lost in Margaritaville »

8 tickets 6/20 and 6/24 by 10:02 AM!!! Are we psyched or what?

We usually go to my husband's work to buy tickets as they have a very high speed connection, but got half-way there and he realized he left his work keys at home!!! We thought we were done for as we've never been able to get through from home - but not this year! Luck was with us. We got home at 9:55, logged on to Ticketmaster and the rest was pure luck.

Looking forward to tailgating once again. Missed it last year at Fenway - and it is definitely more afordable to bring your own concotions than buying at the bars in Boston.

We'll see you all there.
tequilatom
On a Salty Piece of Land
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by tequilatom »

McGee wrote:My experience was unusual this time too. I was 4th in line at the Filenes in Providence---The best spot I've ever had by far so I'm happy as hell. Then it gets better because I get through on the phone on MY FIRST TRY!!!

Now my fiance is 8 spots behind me and I'm pretty sure she is going to get tickets too, being in spot#12-----So, trying not to be TOO greedy, I only order 4 on line, because now the first two people have ordered and paid and the third guy is up and it isn't even 10:03 yet and i'm positive I'm a minute away from a 12 ticket bonanza!

Now the smuck in front of me gets his 8 and THEN asks for U2 tickets---Everybody in line moans but the clerk has to help him. So he gets his 8 U2 tickets and now it's 10:05--still not bad. BUT the clerk can't get back into the Buffett shows because of the computer traffic. Finally at 10:10 she gets back in so I ask for 8---not available. Ask for 8 lawn--not available. She can give me 1 lawn. then sold out at 10:12

Now the crowd is getting kinda mean, and I have my 12 year old son with me so we just left before they attacked the poor girl behind the counter.

So, I still have my 4, and I'm happy I won't be doing the ticket tango for the next 3 months, but that guy in 3rd position was an A$$

Now I have a question. With all the commotion, I never heard the phone voice tell me where my seats are. Is there a place I can plug in the confirmation # to find out?
ticketmaster.com than under my orders.i think it will ask for your e-mail address than the credit card # that you used.
Parrot Pete
I have found me a home

Post by Parrot Pete »

We'll be there! Feels strange seeing Bubba this early in the year. Guess I'll have to start prepping tonight for the Phun. :pirate:
Haul the sheet in as we ride on the wind that our
Forefathers harnessed before us.
Matty
I have found me a home

Post by Matty »

It was gorgeous out today...sunny and a balmy 50-something degrees...and Jimmy Buffett tickets went osale!! I got through on the computer right at 10, on the dot. I figured I was definately going to get great seats...however I was offered only 2nd row of the "open-aired seating" section. I scooped them up right away, but I was dissappointed to learn that it costs the same to sit in the front row, dead center as it does to sit in the former lawn section. No price staggering, Jimmy??? Ah well. Some people weren't as fortunate as I, so I never will complain about tickets. My girlfriend called the TM in IN and got through right away...she walked away with 2 seats in Sect 1, row 17...I couldn't believe it. So we're sitting in the Boonies on Mon, and in Margaritaville on Wednesday! To all that didn't get tickets, thank God there's eBay! You'll get yours! I'll see you all there.
While the embers from the logfire
They flicker, fly and twirl
Then drift off towards the cosmos
From the Far Side Of The World
parrotthead234
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Location: somewhere between the port of indecision and southwest of disorder

Post by parrotthead234 »

:( No tix here. If anyone has extra tix :oops: I'm gonna start trying other avenues. I hope all the scalpers get burned like last year! :evil: :evil: :evil:
simply complicated blonde stranger
drobson
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by drobson »

My girlfriend was at Filenes in Burlington, was 5th in line and didn't get tix. Said the people there had no clue on what they were doing. A friend was at Filenes in Saugus, got 1st in line.... 4 tix in Section 1 :D Another friend was online and got 2 for section 8. All in all, not a bad day.. Now on to the show... See you all on Monday....
waboritas
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by waboritas »

I got through around 10:05 and took the 8 I got in Section 15 for Monday. My sister got through as well and got 8 for Section 14 in Monday. First time sitting in the converted lawn, but, I'M GOIN' TA BUFFETT @ GR8WOODS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! 13 years in a row, the streak is alive!

Time to order the ice luge for SHOOTERS FOR HOOTERS!
CTParrothead763
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by CTParrothead763 »

Did Ticketmaster online finally get their act together this year? Got in right at 10:00 and did not get booted back out as in some past years. Got 6 in Section 9 for Wednesday. My group will all be sitting together for the first time in a while. Makes you wonder though, who got all the inside seats?
BostonFins
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Michelada

Post by BostonFins »

My little one fell down and bumped his head, so I stayed with him until he felt better. Once he was back running around and laughing it was 10:20 am and tix were already sold out. Oh well, some things are more important than a concert...have fun everyone going to GW!!!!
"Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hands..."
RAGTOP
Behind Door #3

Post by RAGTOP »

MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:How did Pat (Bor) and Adam (RAGTOP) make out??
I'm 3 rows in front of you on Wednesday :D