Tahiti...

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

RAGTOP
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Tahiti...

Post by RAGTOP »

anyone ever been? Thinking about this as a possible honeymoon spot and any info would be appreciated.
SmartWomaninShortSkirt
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by SmartWomaninShortSkirt »

Yes, I've been.

We went for 9 nights -- spent 3 nights on Moorea at the Sheraton, 4 nights on Bora Bora at the Meridian and 2 nights on Tahiti at the Sheraton.

I suggest you book it through a travel agent - they can get you huge discounts off list prices. We did a deal which included RT airfare from Los Angelos. We booked through www.tahitilegends.com We were really happy with them. Everything ran very smoothly.

The Tahitian islands are, in my opinion, the most beautiful in the world (I've also been to Fiji, Hawaii, and several caribbean). No place has water like they do there. I think it's the only place in the world w/ the overwater bungalows, which is an amazing experience. We had an incredible time.

But you might want to keep something in mind about Tahiti. The resorts are sort of "busy" feeling. Most can accommodate over 200 people. For a honeymoon, I would choose more of a hideaway, one that can accommodate at most 50 people. (We honeymooned on a private island resort in Fiji, accommodating 12 couples). I don't mean to discourage you. Tahiti is very romantic, and there are certainly lots of honeymooners. I have a friend who chartered a boat, which accommodated only 3 couples, and they got to go to all the islands, so maybe that's something to think about. I think there are also some smaller resorts off Rangiroa.

One last thing - You MUST go scuba diving if you go to French Polynesia. Get certified before you go. It is out of this world.

Have fun with the planning!! The honeymoon is the best part about getting married. :lol:
"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"
citcat
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: margarita

Post by citcat »

Ahhhh....just seeing the word "Tahiti" makes my blood pressure go down 10 points.
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
RAGTOP
Behind Door #3

Post by RAGTOP »

thanks for the website. We will check it out.
longlinergirl
Hoot!

Post by longlinergirl »

Did ya see the Southern Cross
Eat seafood? Use bait? Thank a commercial fisherman.

"Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team..."

Q:"What is with this Parrothead phenomenon"?

A:"Its like AA, but in reverse"
MelliJellyBean
At the Bama Breeze

Post by MelliJellyBean »

oooooooh tahiti :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd definitely want to go there!
Godsowndrunk
I have found me a home

Tahiti

Post by Godsowndrunk »

Been there, done that, got that tee shirt.

Bora Bora is by far the most romantic island in the World....sheer bliss, we were at our resort for almost 8 hours before we saw another couple....there were only 4 couples there the whole time we were there...very private, very erotic (love making under the southern cross) in our outdoor bathroom, hotub, shower.

May I recommend
http://www.pearlbeachresorts.com
you just cant go wrong here..

Tahiti is really not all that great of an Island...its very very populated and poor..bora bora is a poor island too, but the resorts on the private motu's are picture postcard beautiful....best of luck

D
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

Has anyone ever seen "Sneakers"? Just seeing that word makes me think of James Earl Jones....

"FINE. TA-HI-TI."
pirateat30
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by pirateat30 »

We stayed at Taveuni Island resort in Fiji. Very cool experience!

http://www.taveuniislandresort.com/
RAGTOP
Behind Door #3

Post by RAGTOP »

pirateat30 wrote:We stayed at Taveuni Island resort in Fiji. Very cool experience!

http://www.taveuniislandresort.com/
I really like that picture of the outside shower, the fun that can be had on our honeymoon in that thing :wink:
land_shark3
Here We Are

Post by land_shark3 »

longlinergirl wrote:Did ya see the Southern Cross
You always remember the Southern Cross. And when you see for the first, you'll understand why you went that way. 8)

BTW, with Shutterfly you can't use the Img button. You have to use (img src="http address") and replace the () with <>. Learned that one the hard way.
It's your world, I'm just living in it! :pirate:
parrotheadman
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Banana Republics
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Tahiti

Post by parrotheadman »

We also went through Tahiti Legends and it was great. We stayed at the Sofitel Moorea for 5 nights and then Bora Bora Sofitel for 5 nights. We did overwater bungalows on both islands, which was awesome. You can walk out at 2 or 3 a.m. and see the moon shining brightly over the lagoons in Bora Bora and Moorea. In addition to the Scuba, do the Shark Feeding. Trust me, I am not a true "adventurer", but we accidently signed up because we imagined ourselves to be standing in the boat, throwing chum over the bow, watching these incredible fish jump out of the water to pull in their meals. Boy, were we wrong. You actually get out of the boat with your snorkel gear, you hang on to this rope that is set up for you by the guides, and then they start throwing chum out to the sharks....within minutes, you are surrounded by sharks who are in the middle of a feeding frenzy. They are ahead of you, below you, behind you, they're everywhere. But, in the end, this was probably my most exciting moments of my life. If you go to Bora Bora, go by Bloody Mary's, which used to be one of Jimmy Buffett's old hangout in the 70's. Other than than, drink plenty of Hinano Beer....the locals swear by it. All in all, Tahiti will not disappoint by any means. Good Luck
SmartWomaninShortSkirt
If we weren't all crazy ...

Re: Tahiti

Post by SmartWomaninShortSkirt »

parrotheadman wrote:We also went through Tahiti Legends and it was great. We stayed at the Sofitel Moorea for 5 nights and then Bora Bora Sofitel for 5 nights. We did overwater bungalows on both islands, which was awesome. You can walk out at 2 or 3 a.m. and see the moon shining brightly over the lagoons in Bora Bora and Moorea. In addition to the Scuba, do the Shark Feeding. Trust me, I am not a true "adventurer", but we accidently signed up because we imagined ourselves to be standing in the boat, throwing chum over the bow, watching these incredible fish jump out of the water to pull in their meals. Boy, were we wrong. You actually get out of the boat with your snorkel gear, you hang on to this rope that is set up for you by the guides, and then they start throwing chum out to the sharks....within minutes, you are surrounded by sharks who are in the middle of a feeding frenzy. They are ahead of you, below you, behind you, they're everywhere. But, in the end, this was probably my most exciting moments of my life. If you go to Bora Bora, go by Bloody Mary's, which used to be one of Jimmy Buffett's old hangout in the 70's. Other than than, drink plenty of Hinano Beer....the locals swear by it. All in all, Tahiti will not disappoint by any means. Good Luck
Hinano Beer and Bloody Mary's - definitely. Jimmy's name is inscribed on a board with all the famous peeps who have hung out there.

You can also dive w/ sharks in Tahiti - very cool experience!

I'm so jealous!
"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"
ParrotheadGator
License to Chill

Post by ParrotheadGator »

damn is that place out of my price range :lol:
longlinergirl
Hoot!

Post by longlinergirl »

land_shark3 wrote:
longlinergirl wrote:Did ya see the Southern Cross
You always remember the Southern Cross. And when you see for the first, you'll understand why you went that way. 8)

BTW, with Shutterfly you can't use the Img button. You have to use (img src="http address") and replace the () with <>. Learned that one the hard way.
Thanks LS3 I am computer retarded...
Eat seafood? Use bait? Thank a commercial fisherman.

"Miami has the Dolphins, the greatest football team..."

Q:"What is with this Parrothead phenomenon"?

A:"Its like AA, but in reverse"
ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

This may be a silly question, but is there a time of year better than the other to see the Southern Cross?
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
RAGTOP
Behind Door #3

Post by RAGTOP »

we are all booked for out Tahiti honeymoon. 1 day in Tahiti, 5 days in Moorea and 6 days in Bora Bora. Staying at the Pearl in Moorea and La Meridian in Bora Bora. I may never come back!
ParrotheadGator
License to Chill

Post by ParrotheadGator »

i don't even wanna know how much that costs :lol:
ToplessRideFL
Changing Channels

Post by ToplessRideFL »

RAGTOP wrote:we are all booked for out Tahiti honeymoon. 1 day in Tahiti, 5 days in Moorea and 6 days in Bora Bora. Staying at the Pearl in Moorea and La Meridian in Bora Bora. I may never come back!
wow...is this a record... 1.5 hrs from post to booking?!! Have a great time!
MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF BN FEUD VII
RAGTOP
Behind Door #3

Post by RAGTOP »

ParrotheadGator wrote:i don't even wanna know how much that costs :lol:
worth every penny though :D !