Patriots or Colts?

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Which team choked worse?

Definitely the Colts...
42%
No doubt, it was the Patriots...
13%
The Pats are spoiled & Petyon Manning is an A-hole. Who cares??
46%

Total votes: 24

st.somewhere
<font color=blue>spinnin'around in circles</font>
Favorite Buffett Song: Way to many to pick from...
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain'-n-Coke w/Lime

Patriots or Colts?

Post by st.somewhere »

Which team choked worse? :lol:

<table bgcolor=white border=0><tr><td>Image</td><td><font size=6>OR</font></td><td>Image</td></tr></table>
SharkOnLand
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SharkOnLand »

I'll take what's behind Door #3 :D

I used to be a semi-Pats fan, as my Mom's from Mass, but they're one of those teams you love to hate, and the Colts, well... they weren't good enough for John Elway, they're not good enough for me...
Image Image
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

The Pats are spoiled and Manning threw his team under the bus.
MA_Buffett_Fan23
Number of Concerts: 27

Post by MA_Buffett_Fan23 »

Ok, only have a second while I eat lunch BUT "the pats are spoiled" ?!?!?!?!?! Ok Mal, normally I agree with you on most things but this one I strongly disagree with..
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

buffettbride wrote:The Pats are spoiled and ...
... and some of their fans were starting to get as bad as Yankees fans. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
st.somewhere

Post by st.somewhere »

buffettbride wrote:The Pats are spoiled and Manning threw his team under the bus.
Spoiled as in... <i>"They've been lucky as hell to win all those previous Super Bowls, it's about time they finally lost"</i> or <i>"They've totally busted their asses to obtain the level of sucess that they've acheived and I'm just bitter because I really wish my team could be that good!"</i>.

Just wondering, as there's a big difference... :wink: :lol:
RAGTOP
Behind Door #3

Post by RAGTOP »

buffettbride wrote:The Pats are spoiled and Manning threw his team under the bus.
I disagree that he "threw his team under the bus". He answered a question honestly by saying the o-line had protection problems. The media asked a question and he answerd it... truthfully. He also started the the press conference taking most of the blame on himself.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

LIPH wrote:
Yep. That's mostly it. Maybe the Pats weren't spoiled. Perhaps it's just the fans. :lol: :lol:

I know how vulnerable my team can be too so I'm not prepared to talk too much smack at this juncture. :lol:

I mostly picked option #3 because I didn't like #1 or #2.
mings
Lester Polyester
Location: actually? the Concrete Jungle. Mentally? under a palm tree

Post by mings »

Definitely the colts, but I don't mind bashing both at the same time by picking the third option.
"Oh all the money that e'er I spent, I spent it in good company.
And all the harm that I ever did, Alas it was to none but me.
And since it falls, unto my lot, that I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call, 'Goodnight and Joy be with you all.'"
-JMH
job41475
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin to Reason
Number of Concerts: 37
Favorite Boat Drink: Beer
Location: "I want to Thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe DiMaggio

Post by job41475 »

LIPH wrote:
I'm not much of an jerk as a Yankee fan. I know there are some but there are plenty of good ones too....
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I meant the Yankees fans who think they invented baseball. :lol: Just like the Patriots fans who forget most of the 40 years that came before the Belichek/Brady era.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
mings
Lester Polyester
Location: actually? the Concrete Jungle. Mentally? under a palm tree

Post by mings »

MA_Buffett_Fan23 wrote:Ok, only have a second while I eat lunch BUT "the pats are spoiled" ?!?!?!?!?! Ok Mal, normally I agree with you on most things but this one I strongly disagree with..
truth hurts, five
"Oh all the money that e'er I spent, I spent it in good company.
And all the harm that I ever did, Alas it was to none but me.
And since it falls, unto my lot, that I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call, 'Goodnight and Joy be with you all.'"
-JMH
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

LIPH wrote:I meant the Yankees fans who think they invented baseball. :lol: Just like the Patriots fans who forget most of the 40 years that came before the Belichek/Brady era.
a lot of those folks (Pats fans) also seem to be die-hard Red Sox fans. Both teams may have plenty to be proud of, but the majority of their fans make it difficult to do more than cheer for lots of nasty, career-ending injuries so the (in the case of the BoSox) fluke win goes into perspective.
ZeroDuval
<font color=blue>The Tiki Bar Is Open!!!</font>

Re: Patriots or Colts?

Post by ZeroDuval »

st.somewhere wrote:Which team choked worse? :lol:

<table bgcolor=white border=0><tr><td>Image</td><td><font size=6>OR</font></td><td>Image</td></tr></table>

The BEars!!!!!!!
PHAW Webmistress wrote::( :( :( :( I've been banned from my own site :( :( :( :(Image
Quiet and Shy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Quiet and Shy »

The Colts didn't choke; they just forgot they had the early game.... :roll: :-?
"Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been"

50 countries and territories, 46 states...so far
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Post by BahamaBreeze »

LIPH wrote:I meant the Yankees fans who think they invented baseball. :lol: Just like the Patriots fans who forget most of the 40 years that came before the Belichek/Brady era.
I haven't forgot. This was a long time coming for me. I was a BOSTON Patriots fan way back with Steve Grogan in the 70's. (telling my age :o )

Then I thought they had a chance, but got flatten by da Bears in '86.

Then we went to New Orleans in '97 when they played Greenbay. Once again no dice.

So this little run has been nice for me after the last 30 years of supporting them year in and year out.

You know, I was just happy that they made the playoffs this year after that rough start.
I just hope I don't have to wait another 30 years for another Superbowl.
tequilatom
On a Salty Piece of Land
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by tequilatom »

i live between Boston and New York....so i get to Listen to both WEEI & WFAN.......Pat fans are whining a lot up there......yes it was pass interference........but lets go back a few years against the Raiders.......they got a huge break there........that was no tuck......and any true Patriot fan will tell you that......but breaks are part of the game........if we didn't turn over the ball we would of won....probably so....but against the Rams in the Superbowl......the Rams turned over the ball 5 times.....if they didn't they would of won.......against Pittsburg.......they scored on a pick and a punt return.........And your coach saying in a interview basically the better team didn't win....s*** it up you lost because of mistakes....which in most cases determines the outcome of most games!!
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

RAGTOP wrote:
I disagree that he "threw his team under the bus". He answered a question honestly by saying the o-line had protection problems. The media asked a question and he answerd it... truthfully. He also started the the press conference taking most of the blame on himself.

As soon as he said "I am trying to be a good teamate here...." he was doomed no matter what he said next.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
CaptBud
Southeast of disorder

Post by CaptBud »

BottleofRum wrote:
RAGTOP wrote:

As soon as he said "I am trying to be a good teamate here...." he was doomed no matter what he said next.
In sports, you gotta watch what you say....The O-line will remember that quote this next season. And to add what you said, yes it was the truth, it just didn't need to be said in public 8)
...But the right word at the right time may get me a little hug....
st.somewhere

Post by st.somewhere »

CaptBud wrote:
BottleofRum wrote:
RAGTOP wrote:I disagree that he "threw his team under the bus". He answered a question honestly by saying the o-line had protection problems. The media asked a question and he answerd it... truthfully. He also started the the press conference taking most of the blame on himself.

In sports, you gotta watch what you say....The O-line will remember that quote this next season. And to add what you said, yes it was the truth, it just didn't need to be said in public 8)
Dude (Adam - RAGTOP),

You've have to be kidding me. He may have answered the question honestly, but you don't openly admit on a public stand that you're team played like s*** - even if they totally sucked!! Any idiot knows you simply compliment the job of the opposing team's defense, bend over and take it like a <i>"broke back mountain"</i> man. Peyton Manning is a total jack ass. :lol: