Alpine Valley

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

rkoener
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Captain and the Kid
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Captain and Coke

Alpine Valley

Post by rkoener »

I got on right at 10:00 it searched til about 10:03. I was lucky enough to get 4 pavillion seats.

How did everyone else do?
ernste40
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ernste40 »

I managed to get 4 lawn. But, it was iffy, as on my pc the Alpine page said it was onsale, but the onsale infor didn't go live on the ticketing page for another 3 minutes. I got the "You have 12 minutes" scroll of death right away, but when it popped up, there they were.

EE
Lupy
Gypsies in the palace

Post by Lupy »

I got 3 lawn but still looking for pavillion seats!
shred5
Southeast of disorder

Post by shred5 »

I got 6 lawn...
ALittleRnR
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Teach me about Alpine...

Post by ALittleRnR »

Ok, I've been transplanted from FL to WI and this will be my first, long awaited show at Alpine as well as my 29th JB show!

I have great expectations for all the Wisconsinites - so forgive this newbie and let me know what I should expect at Alpine. Good tailgating? Do the lots open early? Any other tips?

Thanks!
ALittleRnR
rkoener

Post by rkoener »

Alpine is considered by some to be the best tailgate of all Buffett shows. We usually get there around 1-2 and tailgate until the show. Huge grassy lot filled with tailgaters. You won't be dissapointed!
ALittleRnR
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by ALittleRnR »

Can't wait. It will be nice to see an outdoor show with the big party atmosphere. I can't stand arenas in the middle of a city.

The facility isn't uptight about the boozing in the lot then?
rkoener

Post by rkoener »

Not at all. It is one huge party!
daver1
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Alpine

Post by daver1 »

my first time two, I scored two tickets in sec. 203
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

rkoener wrote:Alpine is considered by some to be the best tailgate of all Buffett shows. We usually get there around 1-2 and tailgate until the show. Huge grassy lot filled with tailgaters. You won't be dissapointed!
Get there around 1 or 2??? :o

That's bush league...Unless you mean the day before.

Come to Great Woods or Jones Beach where we start at 8am. Now that's a tailgate!!!
Oh no, what have I done??? Another we've got the best tailgate thread due to start soon. :o

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
Lori6k
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Buffett here we come!!!

Post by Lori6k »

Got 7 lawn and 1 pavillion. YIPPEE. Six on the internet and 2 at the "Ticketmaster"counter.
snowfinz
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by snowfinz »

ok-- here's my question for all you buffett fans-- i was at work, right at 10:00 i entered the request for 2 tickets- after an endless wait, it came back with 2 pavillion section 103 row b. the bottom had a blurb about obstructed view but i got them anyway, because if i tossed them back, i would never see a buffett ticket again. How obstructed is this view? has anyone ever had these seats? will i not see any of the concert? any help would be appreciated! thanks all!!
karry
rkoener

Post by rkoener »

We actually do start at 8am. We start on the bus ride up there. We have a long trip, got to have something to do. :)
Lori6k
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Lori6k »

We have already had "Obstructed Seats' and noone sits down anyways so you can move around. Dont be too worried !!!!!!
UWParrot
Southeast of disorder

Post by UWParrot »

Got two pavillion through ticketmaster right at 10.

Did anyone try the livenation.com website? I went to this site as it was being advertised on the radio & was able to pull up pavillion seats with no wait & after ticketmaster was saying the show was sold out!

At close to 10:30 this site was still bringing up pairs of pavillion seats. In fact it came up with a pair in row W that I snagged since they were better than the GG seats ticketmaster came up with at 10.
If I ever live to be an old man I'm going to sail down to Martinique
theez1
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by theez1 »

NYCPORT wrote:
rkoener wrote:Alpine is considered by some to be the best tailgate of all Buffett shows. We usually get there around 1-2 and tailgate until the show. Huge grassy lot filled with tailgaters. You won't be dissapointed!
Get there around 1 or 2??? :o
This is the time the parking lots (huge grass fields) open, not when the parties begin.
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

I'm not normally one to blame Ticketmaster (since everyone is dealing with the same problems), but in this case I have to.

Reasons TM screwed nearly everyone at our location:

1) They hand out the lottery tickets at 9:30 as announced. I would think that at that point, they would draw the winning number. But they waited 10 minutes, and when they came back out, there were more people. They handed out tickets to them, too, and guess who won the lottery? The people who were late.

2) They have always had a policy that first days of major shows with lines are CASH ONLY. Not today. The credit card machine is on the same computer with the ticket terminal. So if anyone was paying with credit card, they slowed the line down. Yes, the first 4 people in line ALL used credit cards.

3) Logically, they would find out how many tickets each the first, say, 10 people in line need, process them all as fast as possible, THEN worry about payment. The credit card thing made this impossible.

4) The winning person for the lottery had a friend hanging out in line with her. They sold 6 tickets to the winner, AND 6 tickets to the friend!!!! The friend basically skipped about 20 people in line.

5) The 107-year-old lady that was running the TM location had problems pushing the keys on the keyboard hard enough. Her younger assistant just kept standing there repeating, "it's not our fault".

The results?
The first person in line got her 6 tickets at 10:04!!!!! IT TOOK THAT LONG!!!
The second person (who shouldn't have been there) got hers at 10:07!!! By the time person #3 got up there, Pavilion was long gone. By the 5th person, it was already 10:11, and only singles were coming up.

Me? I was the last person to get anything. We were trying (with multiple people in line) to buy 12. I got ONE obstructed view ticket, and I waited 10 minutes extra while she kept hitting the refresh key.

I think I can safely blame TM this time...
Mplsfins
If we weren't all crazy ...

Post by Mplsfins »

I have a big beef with ticket master. How can you get in right at 10:00 and have it say your wait is 15 min. then when it does pull up there are no tickets available? Not even lawn? Doesn't make sense to me. Looks like I am going to Vegas again this year. It is actually about the same price to go to Vegas vs. Alpine for me. Last year with ticket, hotel for 3 nights and airfair it only cost me $400.
Jimmy you are pricing your fans out of seeing your shows and going corporate. These high priced tickets belong to fans not people who only go for the party. It just really p*** me off that I will miss Alpine for the first time in 10 years. I will not support a broker as they are as bad as ticketbastard. Sorry all I just needed to vent.
keetmommy
Southeast of disorder

Post by keetmommy »

I wonder why there are so many less TM outlets around these days....I live in the Fox Valley and there used to be at least 5...now there is 1 plus Marshall Fields which doesnt open until after 10! It would be better to get tickets if you didnt have eveyone at 1 place...none of the small towns have any and I think GReenbay only has 1 too!!!
"I've had good days and bad days and going half mad days...."
Spikeit
Southeast of disorder

Post by Spikeit »

Got my 2 lawn. I also saw the 3 minute delay @ Ticketbast*rds...but got what I needed anyway...Woo-Hoo!

My boy is going to his first show!!! Yeah!
"Going where the weather suits my clothes"