RadioMargaritaville on your phone!!!!!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Jason Mason
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Pacing The Cage and Fins
Number of Concerts: 16
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes.

Post by Jason Mason »

Let me start by saying, I work for Cingular... Our 3G network that was just rolled out is TOTALLY AWESOME for streaming content, I hadn't tried RadioMargaritaville yet, but all of the audio/video tricks on the 3G phones are REALLY spiffy....

....And just to set the record straight, that stupid Sprint commercial, with the one dude slapping the other, saying that Sprint's... whatever, is faster than Cingular's "EDGE", "EDGE" is the keyword there... Cingular's 3G is the fastest available cellular data service currently on the market (it runs at about 2Mbps, for those of you who do not know, thats about the same speed as your Cable Internet connection some of you are reading this on at home!). But you don't have to take my word for it, look for yourselves! 8)
I still love old magazines and Snickers bars....
spoonerhizolehound
Hoot!

Post by spoonerhizolehound »

Jason Mason wrote:Let me start by saying, I work for Cingular... Our 3G network that was just rolled out is TOTALLY AWESOME for streaming content, I hadn't tried RadioMargaritaville yet, but all of the audio/video tricks on the 3G phones are REALLY spiffy....

....And just to set the record straight, that stupid Sprint commercial, with the one dude slapping the other, saying that Sprint's... whatever, is faster than Cingular's "EDGE", "EDGE" is the keyword there... Cingular's 3G is the fastest available cellular data service currently on the market (it runs at about 2Mbps, for those of you who do not know, thats about the same speed as your Cable Internet connection some of you are reading this on at home!). But you don't have to take my word for it, look for yourselves! 8)

These specs of course are solely dependent on the environment you are currently in. If you are in the Ozarks, you're probably not going to get the REPORTED 1.4mbps. If you are on the road driving, you're certainly not going to receive speeds like this. The same goes with any provider. The thing that these providers will tell you is that your old WAP internet plans will not work with a smartphone. This is a blatant lie- which was the point I was making and made by starting this topic. Cingular will charge you $39.99 for their unlimited package. While Tmo charges $29.99. Either way, it is too high a price when your old $4.99, $5.99 packages will work just fine. You might not get everything that the phone offers but I have found many ways of getting what the phone is programmed to block.

My provider told me I couldnt get internet with my old plan. Well, I did and am enjoying RM and Sirius, real web browsing and more.

These providers are grossy misleading the public. Speed isn't the issue. Overcharging for services and blatantly lying about what plans will work is. If Cingular were my provider, I would be posting how Cingular lied to me and how I got my smartphone to work with my old internet plan. Alas, my provider is not Cingular but another company trying to coerce me into springing for an overpriced package that isnt really neccessary.

Whomever your provider is, don't buy into "old internet plans won't work" with your smartphone/pda or any real web browsing phone.

Enjoy Radiomargaritaville on your phone...on your terms!!! :pirate: