encores!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Shots of good tequila

Re: encores!

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Deanna wrote:I went to my small town WalMart at 7:00 this morning. After looking in the CD's, I asked an associate if they had them. She said to try over there and pointed towards the little boys clothes. There was a small display by the little boys pajama's with 6 Encore CD's and some AC/DC cd's. ?? Too weird.
Thats the best one yet! I hope the marketing people in Jimmy's camp are reading this. :evil:
Deanna
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalace and too many to narrow it down.
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas and Vegas bombs!

Post by Deanna »

BahamaBreeze wrote:
Deanna wrote:I went to my small town WalMart at 7:00 this morning. After looking in the CD's, I asked an associate if they had them. She said to try over there and pointed towards the little boys clothes. There was a small display by the little boys pajama's with 6 Encore CD's and some AC/DC cd's. ?? Too weird.
Thats the best one yet! I hope the marketing people in Jimmy's camp are reading this. :evil:
Yeah but I'm just glad they had them. Wouldn't been a good day at work if I'd had to drive 40 miles tomorrow for one. I love it!
HurricaneSeason
If we weren't all crazy ...
Number of Concerts: 299

Post by HurricaneSeason »

No I ain't gonna and I ain't gotta love WalMart - only 4 copies of Encores...in the country section under R. Took about - really - 10 minutes to find it. I've had teeth pulled quicker than that. But hey...it's WalMart. It's not like I actually expected anything other than the cheap price of the double record.

Managed to listen to tracks 1-7 on disc 1. Pretty damn good. I'm really digging this album. Perhaps he'll do something similar - maybe some kind of ballads album or whatever it was he was talking about a few years ago.
dancastro
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Chilled Patron or Capt n Coke

Post by dancastro »

ElmParrot wrote:I'm wondering, does he say "Goodnight!!!!" at the end of each song? Haha. That would make it a little hard to listen to the entire CD.

Well I've listened to the first 4 songs on my way to work, and actually he does say "Goodnight" in some form or another, so far it doesnt seem annoying at all.
ImageImageImage
Deanna
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalace and too many to narrow it down.
Number of Concerts: 17
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas and Vegas bombs!

Post by Deanna »

I went back today to look closer at the display as I was in a hurry yesterday morning. It's was a Iron Man 2 display against the wall with all iron man little boys clothing items. The display was AC/DC and Iron Maiden, Iron man 2 cd's. The Encore Cd's were on the bottom row. Nothing with Jimmy's name, no advertising the CD. Nothing to let you know it was there. No one would ever find it without asking. About par for Walmart. They s***.
smokindave
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: Rocky Racoon w/ Peter Mayer
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Tuscan Lemonade

Post by smokindave »

No one could dislike Wally World worse than me so Tuesday bright and early I bounce down to look forever (like some of the previous stories) went straight to electronics....there was a new release section with about 50 copies of the "Encores" CD proudly displayed....I was shocked...grabbed one RAN to front checkout and raced to my car...and have listened to the CD 6 times or so and love it..really do...and I might even go back to Wal-Mart one day....Nah probably not....but I do Love the CD
fabduo
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by fabduo »

backstreets77 wrote:
fabduo wrote:Before running to your local Walmart -call first -the one closest to me, which is pretty big, doesn't have it!! So now I have to drive 40 -45 minutes to the next nearest one that does have it. When I checked the web site it said at limited stores -I am glad I called first or I might have killed someone when I found out they didn't have it!!! Hey if it is a "Walmart exclusive" then ALL Walmarts should have it!!!
Same thing happened to me. I had an Sales ASSociate try to tell my that Scenes You Know By Heart was the new one. I said no. That was a year or two ago that was new. Then I was told to try the other Walmart they have a bigger music selection. They only had 6 total. I find that absurb. Sorry to be cranky.

But I did get it and I will be relaxing to it this afternoon.

My original story got worse -the f'n walmart that said they had it (45 mins drive)DID NOT HAVE IT!!!But they did have 50 million copies of that twerp Bieber's cd. I was infuriated!!!!!!!!!!! So now I had to drive another 1/2 hr further to finally get it!!! I left my house at 6:30pm & arrived back at 9:20pm!!! Have not listened to it yet & it better be worth it!!!
ImageImageImageImage

dancastro
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Chilled Patron or Capt n Coke

Post by dancastro »

fabduo wrote:
backstreets77 wrote:
fabduo wrote:Before running to your local Walmart -call first -the one closest to me, which is pretty big, doesn't have it!! So now I have to drive 40 -45 minutes to the next nearest one that does have it. When I checked the web site it said at limited stores -I am glad I called first or I might have killed someone when I found out they didn't have it!!! Hey if it is a "Walmart exclusive" then ALL Walmarts should have it!!!
Same thing happened to me. I had an Sales ASSociate try to tell my that Scenes You Know By Heart was the new one. I said no. That was a year or two ago that was new. Then I was told to try the other Walmart they have a bigger music selection. They only had 6 total. I find that absurb. Sorry to be cranky.

But I did get it and I will be relaxing to it this afternoon.

My original story got worse -the f'n walmart that said they had it (45 mins drive)DID NOT HAVE IT!!!But they did have 50 million copies of that twerp Bieber's cd. I was infuriated!!!!!!!!!!! So now I had to drive another 1/2 hr further to finally get it!!! I left my house at 6:30pm & arrived back at 9:20pm!!! Have not listened to it yet & it better be worth it!!!
Sit back, chill what is left of the Patron in your avatar & put on the CD, it's worth it!
ImageImageImage
nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by nutmeg »

Made my run to the W place this a.m.

Checked out the "new releases" display. Nada. Went to the regular area and found 6 in the Buffett Slot.

Brought it home and loaded it on the iphone already. I love this CD! :D
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
kwh
Favorite Buffett Song: pirate looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by kwh »

too bad it's @ WalMart ....this family does not step inside those doors ...... :pirate:
"....remember to enjoy every sandwich." Warren Zevon
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Jimmy Buffett’s the new live acoustic album Encores is expected to sell between 30-35,000 copies in it’s first week according to Hits Daily Double.

They could sell more if Walmart would display them properly and not make us search for them anywhere from the Garden Dept to the little boys dept. :wench:
flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Post by flipflopgirl »

BahamaBreeze wrote:Jimmy Buffett’s the new live acoustic album Encores is expected to sell between 30-35,000 copies in it’s first week according to Hits Daily Double.

They could sell more if Walmart would display them properly and not make us search for them anywhere from the Garden Dept to the little boys dept. :wench:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the display in the Walmart here was in one of the main aisles that runs from the front of the store to the back.....they had several boxes of them to put on the display!
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

BahamaBreeze wrote:Jimmy Buffett’s the new live acoustic album Encores is expected to sell between 30-35,000 copies in it’s first week according to Hits Daily Double.

They could sell more if Walmart would display them properly and not make us search for them anywhere from the Garden Dept to the little boys dept.
:lol:

Isn't that where they keep the Michael Jackson cds? [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

too soon? [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

no problem at my walmart...tons of them....and well displayed!!!
cm22lmr
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: "Lone Palm"
Favorite Boat Drink: Irish whiskey

Post by cm22lmr »

They'd sell even more if they'd sell them somewhere else. Like several others here, I won't enter a Walmart or use their website (I know, it IS my choice, but I believe strongly in it). But: thanks to SunLover, some of us have been listening to these for a long time now.
pbans
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 9

Post by pbans »

Couldn't find it at my walmart and when I asked the associate in that department about it she just looked at me and drooled.....ok......so I exaggerate a little....but they were no help. Screw it, I've already downloaded Sunlovers.
Paige in Utah
"Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on"
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

I have three Walmarts within ten miles of me and I never have a problem with them, nothing big anyway. Maybe they're good ones, I dunno. Everyone is always friendly from the greeters to the sales people. I buy lot of stuff from them from groceries to fishing stuff. I did have to wait about ten minutes for them to get the cd yesterday but they were nice and it was nothing worth getting upset over. Once I went to get a cd and it was not out yet but I came back the next day and got it, no biggie. Life's too short.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
Karacal
Party at the End of the World
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Diet Coke

Post by Karacal »

BahamaBreeze wrote:
I hope they are reading this too! Thanks for your help tonight!

My local Walmart has the CD's but refused to sell me one. I had 2 different managers tell me that the release date was 4/23. When I told them the release was 4/20 they would not listen and also refused to look on Walmart's website which clearly states that the release date is 4/20 for both online and in store sales. I then drove 15 miles to another Walmart which had the CD's on display and I had no problems buying my copy.

This is an awesome CD!
Barbara

Image Image
BahamaBreeze
At the Bama Breeze

Post by BahamaBreeze »

Karacal wrote:
BahamaBreeze wrote:
I hope they are reading this too! Thanks for your help tonight!

My local Walmart has the CD's but refused to sell me one. I had 2 different managers tell me that the release date was 4/23. When I told them the release was 4/20 they would not listen and also refused to look on Walmart's website which clearly states that the release date is 4/20 for both online and in store sales. I then drove 15 miles to another Walmart which had the CD's on display and I had no problems buying my copy.

This is an awesome CD!
Glad you got one! But really, you need to write a letter about what an A$$ that manager was. :evil: :evil:
gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by gingerbreadman »

Listening to this CD set tonight.

I ordered directly from Margaritaville to avoid Wal-Mart... Got the CD today... a day late.

Comparing my recordings with those on the CD I found that Jimmy said at the beginning of Coast of Carolina there was a "big f*cking bug" in his wine, and I do remember that because I was there in 2008.

But the f*cking part is edited out on the CD! :lol: :lol:

I guess the Mailboat versions are the same as the Wal_Mart versions? :lol:

Sorry Jimmy, speaking for myself only... I don't care if you say "f*ck"
Hey Snake, we need more wine!