Jokelben issue

Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Jokelben issue

Post by urlcenter »

Apparently there has been an issue over on particular folder on the jokelben server this week. The folder in question is the folder for non-Buffett Trop Rock shows. This folder was setup as favor to the owner of the yahoo group Buffettmp3. This person had an ftp server for both Buffett and non-Buffett bootlegs. However he had an issue with his ftp hosting service and wanted a new place for his collection.

After the folder for non Buffett shows was setup, six shows were uploaded to it. However earlier this week the folder was emptied and a restriction was placed on the jokelben server. According to a note on the server it is now strictly for Buffett shows only.

Neither I nor anyone else who has helped build the jokelben server placed this restriction on the server but we cannot override it either.

Hopefully the dispute behind this can be resolved.

TJ aka Urlcenter
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Jokelben issue

Post by SunLover »

Hmmm, curious... I wonder who placed the notice.

We should consider ourselves lucky to still have a place to store however many terabytes of Buffett shows. :)
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

The notice was placed apparently by the person who originally setup the server in 2007
hawaiiboy
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 5

Post by hawaiiboy »

urlcenter wrote:The notice was placed apparently by the person who originally setup the server in 2007
I am sure that the person(bobtu) who owns the server put that message up there because
someone (the owner of the yahoo group Buffettmp3 perhaps) put recordings up there
of shows that were recorded for SpoonerRadio with out the permission of the artists
involved or Spooner himself.......these shows are available to listen to at SR and belong
to Spooner and the artists involved.
No act of kindness
no matter how small
is ever wasted
gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

hawaiiboy wrote:these shows are available to listen to at SR and belong
Well, I am sorry, but anything that Spooner allows to be freely downloaded on the internet does not belong to Spooner and/or the artists. :roll: :roll:
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

myke212
Hoot!

Post by myke212 »

gingerbreadman wrote:
hawaiiboy wrote:these shows are available to listen to at SR and belong
Well, I am sorry, but anything that Spooner allows to be freely downloaded on the internet does not belong to Spooner and/or the artists. :roll: :roll:
Those shows are not available for download. Spooner Radio, is a site, where you can listen to Trop rock concerts. The artists, on Spooner Radio, have allowed us to broadcast their concerts, with the understanding, that the shows would not be made available for download.
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

The big question is what the exact source of the shows is. Was it spooner's site or another source? A few months ago I was contacted through BN by the owner of BuffettMp3, a yahoo group. He had his own FTP server at one point, but the company hosting it went belly up. So he tried to relocate his files to a new host, only to discover that he could only have a limited number of MP3 files on the new server.

He not only has a large Buffett collection but a collection of Non-Buffett Trop Rock shows as well. This is why the non-Buffett folder was created in the first place not to upset Spooner or anyone else.

My issue with this that Spooner has his own FTP server with both Buffett and non-Buffett shows for download. Spooner is not the owner of the jokelben server (nor am I) which is why I am annoyed with this.
bobtu
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Really??? One??? Riiiight....

Post by bobtu »

hawaiiboy wrote:
urlcenter wrote:The notice was placed apparently by the person who originally setup the server in 2007
I am sure that the person(bobtu) who owns the server put that message up there because
someone (the owner of the yahoo group Buffettmp3 perhaps) put recordings up there
of shows that were recorded for SpoonerRadio with out the permission of the artists
involved or Spooner himself.......these shows are available to listen to at SR and belong

Exactly what happened :)
myke212
Hoot!

Post by myke212 »

urlcenter wrote:The big question is what the exact source of the shows is. Was it spooner's site or another source? A few months ago I was contacted through BN by the owner of BuffettMp3, a yahoo group. He had his own FTP server at one point, but the company hosting it went belly up. So he tried to relocate his files to a new host, only to discover that he could only have a limited number of MP3 files on the new server.

He not only has a large Buffett collection but a collection of Non-Buffett Trop Rock shows as well. This is why the non-Buffett folder was created in the first place not to upset Spooner or anyone else.

My issue with this that Spooner has his own FTP server with both Buffett and non-Buffett shows for download. Spooner is not the owner of the jokelben server (nor am I) which is why I am annoyed with this.
the shows in question were recorded off the SpoonerRadio site. Spooners FTP site is separate from Spooner Radio
Life rewards the ones that got it down..
The difference between your ass and a hole in the ground! www.myspace.com/myke212