Moderator: SMLCHNG

Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Re: Who's going to Jazz Fest 2012???

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

Mac is playing Margaritaville on May 4 at 9:00 PM Tickets $30 at the door. 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:Mac is playing Margaritaville on May 4 at 9:00 PM Tickets $30 at the door. 8)
Oh my. So close! :-? :-?
nycfeat
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by nycfeat »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:Mac is playing Margaritaville on May 4 at 9:00 PM Tickets $30 at the door. 8)
Sounds like a good show...but it'll probably be tough to get into.
Carolinadreamin'

Two work days and we're off!!!! Things seem to be shaping up nicely........... :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

Probably a stupid question, but all the vendors at JF take debit and credit cards, right? Looking forward to next weekend, I'm just wondering how much actual cash I need to bring, don't normally carry a large amount.
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

And does anyone have parking tips? A couple of BN'ers have recommended a cab. On Thursday we want to get to Margaritaville as quickly as possible after Jazzfest is over to see Matt Hoggatt and also on the day Mac plays there. Any recommendations for how to get there quickly?
Carolinadreamin'

We are riding the Grayline bus from Canal St. (Sheraton) which leaves you off inside the fairgrounds. You can buy the tickets online. I don't know how you could park your own car! It's kinda of in the middle of a neighborhood, so I would imagine that you could...in theory....pay and park where folks have set up a "park here" in their yard. Getting a taxi to JF is easy. Getting one out is challenge.
And just an FYI - by the end of the day.....I was really dirty and sweaty......we're going to leave a tad earlier to make a quick stop for a shower.

Matt is scheduled for May 11 at Margaritaville NOLA. Mac is scheduled for May 3.
Carolinadreamin'

PHarmGirl wrote:Probably a stupid question, but all the vendors at JF take debit and credit cards, right? Looking forward to next weekend, I'm just wondering how much actual cash I need to bring, don't normally carry a large amount.
We carried some cash and didn't use debit at the fairgrounds so I don't know for sure. Can you check the website and see if it's listed? You really only need enough cash to buy food and drink. They sell "small plates". Each is not very expensive. I would guess $50 or less in cash. They do have art work, t-shirts and souvenirs which I'm sure you can use debit/credit cards.

Bring a hat, wipes and sun screen. You can buy fold up chairs in the CVS on Canal St. for $10.
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:We are riding the Grayline bus from Canal St. (Sheraton) which leaves you off inside the fairgrounds. You can buy the tickets online. I don't know how you could park your own car! It's kinda of in the middle of a neighborhood, so I would imagine that you could...in theory....pay and park where folks have set up a "park here" in their yard. Getting a taxi to JF is easy. Getting one out is challenge.
And just an FYI - by the end of the day.....I was really dirty and sweaty......we're going to leave a tad earlier to make a quick stop for a shower.

Matt is scheduled for May 11 at Margaritaville NOLA. Mac is scheduled for May 3.
I thought Mac was on May 4th. And Matt is also scheduled to play on May 3rd at M'ville at 9 PM. I have not heard of any cancellation of this. He posted it on his FB and it is also on his website: http://www.matthoggatt.com/tour/

Thanks for the parking info. That's kinda what we figured on getting a cab on the way out. What about the bus lines, are they long at the end of the day?

On Thursday we will be driving in, so we will not be at the fairgrounds all day, only to catch JB and Mac. Hopefully will not get *too* dirty and sweaty. I don't plan to leave early and miss JB and Mac .... [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
PHarmGirl wrote:Probably a stupid question, but all the vendors at JF take debit and credit cards, right? Looking forward to next weekend, I'm just wondering how much actual cash I need to bring, don't normally carry a large amount.
We carried some cash and didn't use debit at the fairgrounds so I don't know for sure. Can you check the website and see if it's listed? You really only need enough cash to buy food and drink. They sell "small plates". Each is not very expensive. I would guess $50 or less in cash. They do have art work, t-shirts and souvenirs which I'm sure you can use debit/credit cards.

Bring a hat, wipes and sun screen. You can buy fold up chairs in the CVS on Canal St. for $10.
Thanks for the response!
Carolinadreamin'

PHarmGirl wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:We are riding the Grayline bus from Canal St. (Sheraton) which leaves you off inside the fairgrounds. You can buy the tickets online. I don't know how you could park your own car! It's kinda of in the middle of a neighborhood, so I would imagine that you could...in theory....pay and park where folks have set up a "park here" in their yard. Getting a taxi to JF is easy. Getting one out is challenge.

I thought Mac was on May 4th. And Matt is also scheduled to play on May 3rd at M'ville at 9 PM. I have not heard of any cancellation of this. He posted it on his FB and it is also on his website: http://www.matthoggatt.com/tour/

Thanks for the parking info. That's kinda what we figured on getting a cab on the way out. What about the bus lines, are they long at the end of the day?

On Thursday we will be driving in, so we will not be at the fairgrounds all day, only to catch JB and Mac. Hopefully will not get *too* dirty and sweaty. I don't plan to leave early and miss JB and Mac .... [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Oops! :oops: sorry right May 4! Margaritaville NOLA has Matt listed as playing May 11....didn't know he would be there on the May 3 too!

Leaving at the very end does mean longer lines for the bus......but they're shorter than cab lines.
clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

PHarmGirl wrote:And does anyone have parking tips? A couple of BN'ers have recommended a cab. On Thursday we want to get to Margaritaville as quickly as possible after Jazzfest is over to see Matt Hoggatt and also on the day Mac plays there. Any recommendations for how to get there quickly?
Cab it there are event rates in Orleans Parish. I think $9.50 per person. Usually you can work a deal
clearlakeparrot
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Window On The World
Favorite Boat Drink: depends on the day

Post by clearlakeparrot »

Carolinadreamin' wrote:
PHarmGirl wrote:

Oops! :oops: sorry right May 4! Margaritaville NOLA has Matt listed as playing May 11....didn't know he would be there on the May 3 too!

Leaving at the very end does mean longer lines for the bus......but they're shorter than cab lines.
If you leave the Fair Grounds via Esplanade there is a Community Coffee Store and is fairly easy to catch a cab there
PHarmGirl
Behind Door #3

Post by PHarmGirl »

clearlakeparrot wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:
PHarmGirl wrote:

If you leave the Fair Grounds via Esplanade there is a Community Coffee Store and is fairly easy to catch a cab there
Great tip! Thanks so much! [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

Just recieved an email with this link.......http://www.youtube.com/jazzfest
Live Webcast of JazzFest on YouTube.
gpblxbeach
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by gpblxbeach »

PHarmGirl wrote:
Carolinadreamin' wrote:

Thanks for the response!
Just back and great time. Most food is 4.00 5.00 6.00 10.00
Teas and beers same 4.00 5.00 6.00
Not thinking any of them take cards but not sure.
Have fun and be sure to use that sun screen!
P.S. Don't know but the place was packed by 1:00 at the Acura Stage both Sat.&Sun.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and proclaiming,
“Wow, what a ride!!!”
gpblxbeach
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by gpblxbeach »

srkmrd wrote:Just recieved an email with this link.......http://www.youtube.com/jazzfest
Missed you for Jazz Fest!
Saw Oscar Sat. so he made your Funky Mermaid
I picked it up Sun [smilie=happyspin.gif]
PM address and I will drop in the mail!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and proclaiming,
“Wow, what a ride!!!”
gpblxbeach
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by gpblxbeach »

“Wow, what a ride!!!”
srkmrd
Hoot!

Post by srkmrd »

gpblxbeach wrote:
srkmrd wrote:Just recieved an email with this link.......http://www.youtube.com/jazzfest
Missed you for Jazz Fest!
Saw Oscar Sat. so he made your Funky Mermaid
I picked it up Sun [smilie=happyspin.gif]
PM address and I will drop in the mail!
You are the greatest!!
DrunkenDixie
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Gypsies in the Palace
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: Miller Lite

Post by DrunkenDixie »

Heading down to Nola now...catching Bubba tonight!!! So excited!! Anyone else going to the miller tent at JF??