New....old RM problem...anyone else?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SoILPrtHed
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Nobody From Nowhere & Nothin But A Breeze
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

New....old RM problem...anyone else?

Post by SoILPrtHed »

I live in Southern Illinois and have struggled, actually have not had any luck, connecting to Radio Margaritaville using a wifi or wired connection to my computers. Can do so through smartphone, but not computer. Have tried listening through Margaritaville.com and thru TuneIn.com, neither are playing any type of RM stream. Is anyone else having the same trouble lately? Thanks and if you have a fix.....can I please have it?
The reason I always want to come home- Paradise Cove! Image
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: New....old RM problem...anyone else?

Post by urlcenter »

RM seems to be working fine I just checked from both the RM page and Tune In so the problem might be on your end of things.

Several things can effect the RM streams:

1. Newer versions of Windows Media Player do not like the current RM Windows Media Player Stream format found on the RM site

2. RM offers a Flash Player stream as alternative to the Windows Media Player streams which almost always works.

3. Ad blocking and pop up blocking software can prevent RM streams from playing on both the RM and Tune In websites so if you are running ad or pop up blockers try turning them off and then connecting to the RM streams.

4. If you are using any of the old original RM stream links they are no longer in use and should not be used.

5. If you subscribe to Sirius/XM Satellite radio you can listen to RM online via the Sirius/XM online feed
SoILPrtHed
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Nobody From Nowhere & Nothin But A Breeze
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Runner

Post by SoILPrtHed »

urlcenter wrote:RM seems to be working fine I just checked from both the RM page and Tune In so the problem might be on your end of things.

1. Newer versions of Windows Media Player do not like the current RM Windows Media Player Stream format found on the RM site
Running Windows Media Player 11
2. RM offers a Flash Player stream as alternative to the Windows Media Player streams which almost always works.
Have tried using the flash player...shows that it is loaded, but no sound
3. Ad blocking and pop up blocking software can prevent RM streams from playing on both the RM and Tune In websites so if you are running ad or pop up blockers try turning them off and then connecting to the RM streams.The WMP and Flash screens both popup, but no sound. WMP hasn't for a long time, Flash just in the last week

4. If you are using any of the old original RM stream links they are no longer in use and should not be used.

5. If you subscribe to Sirius/XM Satellite radio you can listen to RM online via the Sirius/XM online feed
I am currently using WMP 11 on all the computers, wireless or wired. RM Flash player opens, and looks like it should be playing, but there is no sound. When the Margaritaville connection went down, I was able to listen on TuneIn...it now says that it cannot find a playable stream...however, I can listen to other stations on TuneIn. Contacted local IP and they stated the connection was leaving their network but timing out or being blocked somewhere else. Not sure what the deal is. Have good wifi connection around property and would think wired connection would be fine. Thanks so much for all of your suggestions...do you think I should possibly revert to older version of WMP?
The reason I always want to come home- Paradise Cove! Image
SunLover
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: The next show I capture
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by SunLover »

I know RM had a problem fairly recently with the Tunein feed. I believe they had to reboot a streaming server which restored that feed. Maybe they need to do that again.

This http link I've been posting for the setlist threads seems to work very well. It will launch WMP or your default streaming player. The only issue I have seen is that it will timeout after 4 hours of continuous playback. Just hit play and keep streaming.

http://radmarg.ic.llnwd.net/stream/radmarg_razorback
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

SoILPrtHed wrote:
urlcenter wrote:RM seems to be working fine I just checked from both the RM page and Tune In so the problem might be on your end of things.

Running Windows Media Player 11
Have tried using the flash player...shows that it is loaded, but no sound
3. Ad blocking and pop up blocking software can prevent RM streams from playing on both the RM and Tune In websites so if you are running ad or pop up blockers try turning them off and then connecting to the RM streams.The WMP and Flash screens both popup, but no sound. WMP hasn't for a long time, Flash just in the last week

I am currently using WMP 11 on all the computers, wireless or wired. RM Flash player opens, and looks like it should be playing, but there is no sound. When the Margaritaville connection went down, I was able to listen on TuneIn...it now says that it cannot find a playable stream...however, I can listen to other stations on TuneIn. Contacted local IP and they stated the connection was leaving their network but timing out or being blocked somewhere else. Not sure what the deal is. Have good wifi connection around property and would think wired connection would be fine. Thanks so much for all of your suggestions...do you think I should possibly revert to older version of WMP?
I would not revert to an older version of WMP just yet, try the link Sunlover posted it seems to work in WMP

TuneIn requires Apple Quicktime to be installed on your computer in order to function completely, also the RM page at TuneIn has issues if you are running ad blocking or pop up blocking software as there are ads that apparently must run in order for the stream to connect correctly
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

You could try listening through iTunes. Go to Internet tab option and click on Reggae and Radiomargaritaville.
wardbond
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by wardbond »

I am in central Indiana and I am having the same issue.
Tunein, Itunes, WMP all the usual choices cannot find the stream. I also cannot listen on my android phone or tablet.
Sirius works fine (of course) on the dish.
I have also tried it on Windows XP,7,8 and Ubuntu.....no luck.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

wardbond wrote:I am in central Indiana and I am having the same issue.
Tunein, Itunes, WMP all the usual choices cannot find the stream. I also cannot listen on my android phone or tablet.
Sirius works fine (of course) on the dish.
I have also tried it on Windows XP,7,8 and Ubuntu.....no luck.
You might want to see if your computer's firewall is blocking the connection as the connection requires certain ports to be open
wardbond

Post by wardbond »

the computers I have tried are at several different locations. RM used to work at all of them including my phone, (both 4g and wifi) and now works at none.
Jmacboi
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: I Heard I Was In Town
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum & Flavored Vitamin Water

Post by Jmacboi »

I'm having the same problem on my computers in Boise, Idaho.... I've tried every method I always connected to RM with, including Laptop and Desktop computers.... Nothing... Looks like it connects, but no sound at all... I've tried Flash and WMP... Nothing... :roll:
Looking For That One Particular Harbor
Jmacboi

Post by Jmacboi »

Not sure why my posting, posted twice? Just goes to show you "It's Always Something" NO RM and can't delete a double posting.... [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Last edited by Jmacboi on December 16, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

I just checked several of the RM portals.

Tunein is down, both web and mobile.
RM WMP won't stream.
RM Flash won't stream.
The http link is down, both web and mobile.
Sirius/XM is up, both web and mobile (with app update).

They may need to reboot the streaming server again...
Summerlover
Fruitcake
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

Same problem here. iTunes RM doesn't work either!!

Frustrating!!!

It was my first look baby that's all it took
wpmcsg
I have found me a home

Post by wpmcsg »

I'm having the same issues with RM and SmokinTunaCam.....try using Firefox instead of IE.
OutdoorBill
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate looks at 40

Post by OutdoorBill »

I have been having the same issue since December 9. I have tried Android phone, Chrome, FireFox and IE. Flash or WMP in all. Even tried the mobile page in the browser. If you try the mobile page (which used to work great) I get the error message "The file you requested could not be found."

I sent a message to margaritaville.com and got a reply about last week's flash upgrade and to make sure Flash was current. No joy. I replied with that message and have not heard back.

Now that it's been over a week, I guess I'd like to hear from someone whether this is a serious problem that is being worked on or if the web version of RM is being turned off. I'm in the Chicago area and have tried different computers and different locations/internet providers so I can't think of anything else to try on my end. Any insight would be appreciated.
SunLover
Here We Are

Post by SunLover »

RM streaming is back up on Tunein, Flash, and http. Guess they got the message...
Summerlover
Fruitcake
Favorite Boat Drink: Vodka and lime

Post by Summerlover »

SunLover wrote:RM streaming is back up on Tunein, Flash, and http. Guess they got the message...
Still nothing here on Flash/TuneIn on my Droid/Itunes Radio

It was my first look baby that's all it took
wardbond

Post by wardbond »

Still not working here either.
I sent another email to the RM folks.
Jmacboi

Post by Jmacboi »

Still not working here either.... Tried over and over and over and nothing.... :( No RM to listen to... :cry:
Jmacboi

Post by Jmacboi »

Still not working here either.... Tried over and over and over and nothing.... :( No RM to listen to... :cry: