Buffett on Jimmy Fallon from Universal Studios

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Re: Buffett on Jimmy Fallon from Universal Studios

Post by springparrot »

BTT

Anyone going to the show?
finsup007
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of Sailor
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by finsup007 »

I read that Jimmy plays at 9pm on Tuesday at Universal and that if you have a ticket to the park that day you can watch him perform 2 songs and it's first come first serve basis and standing room only. Can anyone confirm that is correct? I will be arriving in Orlando on Monday for my daughter's AAU Volleyball National Championship tournament and I would love to take her to see Jimmy for the first time ever!

I was thinking about going to Margaritaville on Tuesday for lunch hoping Jimmy will stop in to his restaurant for a song or two! Any suggestions!
Attachments
Fins UP.gif
Fins UP.gif (2.85 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Dezdmona
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went To Paris
Number of Concerts: 33
Favorite Boat Drink: PharmAde

Post by Dezdmona »

Thanks for the reminder, Molly. Just set the DVR :lol:
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then.
Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, Blog
conch014
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Twelve Volt Man/Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and whatever is nearby

Post by conch014 »

My wife and I have tickets to Tuesday's taping. Universal reps told me that ticket holders attending the taping will NOT be allowed to see the musical acts perform unless you are an annual pass holder. Excited to see Jimmy as a guest on the show, a bit bummed about not seeing the performance.
"I'm not hard to define, just an alter boy covering his ass"
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Post by FunkHouse9 »

finsup007 wrote:I read that Jimmy plays at 9pm on Tuesday at Universal and that if you have a ticket to the park that day you can watch him perform 2 songs and it's first come first serve basis and standing room only. Can anyone confirm that is correct? I will be arriving in Orlando on Monday for my daughter's AAU Volleyball National Championship tournament and I would love to take her to see Jimmy for the first time ever!

I was thinking about going to Margaritaville on Tuesday for lunch hoping Jimmy will stop in to his restaurant for a song or two! Any suggestions!
So I could theoretically make it to see him, but I'm not going to drop the money for a park ticket to see two songs, especially if I wouldn't see the rest of the Tonight Show taping.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
finsup007
Favorite Buffett Song: Son of Sailor
Number of Concerts: 8

Post by finsup007 »

conch014 wrote:My wife and I have tickets to Tuesday's taping. Universal reps told me that ticket holders attending the taping will NOT be allowed to see the musical acts perform unless you are an annual pass holder. Excited to see Jimmy as a guest on the show, a bit bummed about not seeing the performance.

Ok thanks for the info, I am hoping he stops in at Margaritaville before the taping around 12pm so my daughters and I could see him! Here's hoping!!!
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

conch014 wrote:My wife and I have tickets to Tuesday's taping. Universal reps told me that ticket holders attending the taping will NOT be allowed to see the musical acts perform unless you are an annual pass holder. Excited to see Jimmy as a guest on the show, a bit bummed about not seeing the performance.

I have an annual pass, but its the low end one (Power Pass). I'm blacked out of the Universal Studios side from 6/14-8/14. I'm not gonna buy a ticket to the park for just two songs!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

So for the people who scrambled to get Tonight Show tickets for the night Jimmy is there, was it made clear up front that you wouldn't see the musical guest? It would be fun to get to see a taping of the Tonight Show, but learning that after getting tickets would probably be frustrating. If I had tried to rearrange my schedule for this, I'd be pi$$ed.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

BTT
Set your DVRs :D
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

So... Did anybody go see him play in the park? How was it?

How was the show taping in the studio?
conch014
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Twelve Volt Man/Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 78
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum and whatever is nearby

Post by conch014 »

Once the taping was over we headed directly over to the stage courtyard and waited in line, we actually started the line (got to listen to soundcheck, Volcano 2x and Jolly Mon). when they finally opened the gates at 8pm we ended up front and center. Appeared on TV a few times, but it was all worth it as Jimmy gestured down to my wife and I a few times AND I caught one of the flip flops he tossed into the crowd.
"I'm not hard to define, just an alter boy covering his ass"
capnbobby
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 28
Favorite Boat Drink: Bacardi 8 anos

Post by capnbobby »

It is utterly amazing the depth of sound that Bobby G. can get out of a single pan!

Fins Up!
Cap'n Bobby
balcony girls
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by balcony girls »

conch014 wrote:Once the taping was over we headed directly over to the stage courtyard and waited in line, we actually started the line (got to listen to soundcheck, Volcano 2x and Jolly Mon). when they finally opened the gates at 8pm we ended up front and center. Appeared on TV a few times, but it was all worth it as Jimmy gestured down to my wife and I a few times AND I caught one of the flip flops he tossed into the crowd.
. . how fun . . ! ! . . . good for you . . ! !

. . and what a cool " souvenir " . . . ! !

. . :D
. . " and I finally disappear . . . . BUT NOT YET ! ! "
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

conch014 wrote:Once the taping was over we headed directly over to the stage courtyard and waited in line, we actually started the line (got to listen to soundcheck, Volcano 2x and Jolly Mon). when they finally opened the gates at 8pm we ended up front and center. Appeared on TV a few times, but it was all worth it as Jimmy gestured down to my wife and I a few times AND I caught one of the flip flops he tossed into the crowd.
I was to your left, also on the front row. You can see my daughter and I during Fallon's intro of Buffett. It was only three songs, but it was cool seeing him play with The Roots!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!