Greenbrier classic

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Greenbrier classic

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Anyone go to this show?
Setlist?

Thanks.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Re: Greenbrier classic

Post by jbfinscj »

I was wondering the same thing, I can't imagine it was anything out if the norm.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Heard a rumor it became a Stumpo El Bando show.......but I guess we'll never know! :wink:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

Dr.Corona wrote:Heard a rumor it became a Stumpo El Bando show.......but I guess we'll never know! :wink:
Ha ha....no doubt
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

Lol that would be epic
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Pacifico

Post by PeretHed66 »

We went. Short show, about 1:45. Basically a greatest hits show. Our guess, attendance over 50,000. Huge lawn. Sound surprisingly good. Will post the songs, but won't be in order, wasn't noting them during show. Going to be heading over to the sound check for the Mac show, so will post later.
More Doyle!
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

PeretHed66 wrote:We went. Short show, about 1:45. Basically a greatest hits show. Our guess, attendance over 50,000. Huge lawn. Sound surprisingly good. Will post the songs, but won't be in order, wasn't noting them during show. Going to be heading over to the sound check for the Mac show, so will post
later.
:o :o :o :o
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

Dr.Corona wrote:
PeretHed66 wrote:We went. Short show, about 1:45. Basically a greatest hits show. Our guess, attendance over 50,000. Huge lawn. Sound surprisingly good. Will post the songs, but won't be in order, wasn't noting them during show. Going to be heading over to the sound check for the Mac show, so will post
later.
Much of the crowd left at halftime when the score was
Mountaineers 42 Coral Reefers 3
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

surfpirate wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:
later.
Much of the crowd left at halftime when the score was
Mountaineers 42 Coral Reefers 3

Place your bets............was or was not "Thank God I'm A Country Boy Played" ???????

BTW S.P.............WVU hasn't had a defense in years that could hold ANYBODY to 3 points in a half!
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by PeretHed66 »

Had the opportunity to hang with Doyle after the Mac show in Covington; he thought the were about 40-50,000.
More Doyle!
kyhulagirl
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour/Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Mango Margarita

Post by kyhulagirl »

Opened with Summer time blues, most Songs you know by heart, back where i come from, knee deep followed by my favorite cover of Free/into the mystic (exactly how ZBB does it), 2 hour show, only one encore ended with margaritaville. Heard crowd total was 50-60,000. I personally enjoyed the show.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

kyhulagirl wrote:Opened with Summer time blues, most Songs you know by heart, back where i come from, knee deep followed by my favorite cover of Free/into the mystic (exactly how ZBB does it), 2 hour show, only one encore ended with margaritaville. Heard crowd total was 50-60,000. I personally enjoyed the show.

That was a large crowd. :o

Debbie
gbrPH
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Cheeseburger In Paradise
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Draft Beer

Post by gbrPH »

The set list was similar to the Coyote Drive In set list but not exact.

The crowd was probably around 50,000. I live in Lewisburg and have been to a lot of the concerts held over the last 5 years. The crowd was similar to the crowds a couple years ago when the Black Eyed Peas performed and the Greenbrier Classic people said that crowd was between 50-60k.
pupnpony
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by pupnpony »

how was Mac's show??
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by PeretHed66 »

It was outstanding, except for size of crowd, wish it had been a little larger. I posted some thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=93309

We just saw Mac in the Roanoke airport. Also had the opportunity to chat with Doyle over breakfast this morning. Fantastic. Western Virginia folks should catch the Michael Armstrong show in Roanoke at the Buffalo Wild Wings Tuesday night, Doyle is special guesting with him. Wish we could stay.
More Doyle!
pupnpony
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by pupnpony »

PeretHed66 wrote:It was outstanding, except for size of crowd, wish it had been a little larger. I posted some thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=93309

We just saw Mac in the Roanoke airport. Also had the opportunity to chat with Doyle over breakfast this morning. Fantastic. Western Virginia folks should catch the Michael Armstrong show in Roanoke at the Buffalo Wild Wings Tuesday night, Doyle is special guesting with him. Wish we could stay.
duh.... :oops: thanks!
PeretHed66
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by PeretHed66 »

No "duh" necessary, I was just too lazy to retype. :)
More Doyle!
FinsUp31520
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 33

Post by FinsUp31520 »

We also were at the show at the Greenbrier, and though it was a little shorter than most (started at 9:30), thought they did an exceptional job of packing in as much as they could into a short time. Contrast that with Maroon 5 who had played the night before, and barely played for an hour, I'll take the JB show any day!

I posted my best guess at the setlist over in the setlist thread earlier this morning. PeretHed66, can you help me figure out where Boat Drinks fit in the list?! I remember it being played, but just not where!

No doubt the crowd was huge... Estimates we've heard put the crowd on-par or larger than the Black Eyed Peas show previously mentioned... Some even said 60-70k... I know the traffic out of the fair grounds would certainly support those numbers. We stayed put for over two hours before even trying to tackle the road out. We were lucky to get in early and get very close to the stage, and I managed to snap a few pics of the crowd during Fins... This is certainly only a fraction of what was there (one more to follow):
Attachments
IMG_3232.jpg
IMG_3232.jpg (100.89 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
FinsUp31520
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 33

Post by FinsUp31520 »

One More Crowd Shot:
Attachments
IMG_3233.jpg
IMG_3233.jpg (104.35 KiB) Viewed 4525 times
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

kyhulagirl wrote:Opened with Summer time blues, most Songs you know by heart, back where i come from, knee deep followed by my favorite cover of Free/into the mystic (exactly how ZBB does it), 2 hour show, only one encore ended with margaritaville. Heard crowd total was 50-60,000. I personally enjoyed the show.
Maybe it's just me, but a comment like this just makes no sense. It's one thing if a musician chooses to cover some other musician's song but at least try to put your own spin on it. To cover a song and do it "exactly how ZBB does it," I mean, what's the point? Go to a Zac Brown concert or buy a Zac Brown CD if you want to hear a Zac Brown song exactly how he does it.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here