Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Red Rocks - note to Jimmy Buffett

Post by tailgaitingph »

Fin-freaking-tastic!!
SO happy for you guys [smilie=shake.gif]
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
jayparrot46
Hoot!

Post by jayparrot46 »

WoW that great :D
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Some pretty great news!! :D Tickets will be impossible to get, but still great news! :D
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

This could be exciting. I live just a few miles from the venue. Tickets will be nearly impossible to get and there's a 50% chance of super shitty weather. But yay..Jimmy...Red Rocks.

For those of you traveling here, there are a few hotels in Lakewood, CO near Hwy 285 and Wadsworth of varying degrees of nice-ness (Courtyard, Hampton Inn, La Quinta, Holiday Inn). About 10 mins from the venue and super close to my house. The other hotels are Lakewood/Golden and are off I-70 and Colfax. There's a Marriott and Days Inn, I believe. Also about 10 minutes from the venue, but not as close to my house. ;)

We will see about having some kind of pre-party the night before or maybe a morning after brunch once we know our ticket situation and the date gets a little closer.
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by chippewa »

buffettbride wrote:This could be exciting. I live just a few miles from the venue. Tickets will be nearly impossible to get and there's a 50% chance of super shitty weather. But yay..Jimmy...Red Rocks.

For those of you traveling here, there are a few hotels in Lakewood, CO near Hwy 285 and Wadsworth of varying degrees of nice-ness (Courtyard, Hampton Inn, La Quinta, Holiday Inn). About 10 mins from the venue and super close to my house. The other hotels are Lakewood/Golden and are off I-70 and Colfax. There's a Marriott and Days Inn, I believe. Also about 10 minutes from the venue, but not as close to my house. ;)

We will see about having some kind of pre-party the night before or maybe a morning after brunch once we know our ticket situation and the date gets a little closer.
I'm just reading between the lines here, but it sounds like everybody can stay at your place?
[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] :lol:
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Best way to get tickets is , if you are a member of a PH Club in Colorado ( if there is one) , they are allocated some tickets .
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

TommyBahama wrote:Best way to get tickets is , if you are a member of a PH Club in Colorado ( if there is one) , they are allocated some tickets .
Yes, there is a CO PHC. Was a member for many years.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Average High Temp 67....Average low temp 34 for Oct. 13th. I'm sorry but what are these people thinking? WOW! Not trying to knock the situation but sure would have been sweet if the show could have been plugged in a at least a month prior. Having said that I guess if the Snow Gods stay away all will be well.
Still, This show has Denver Coliseum written all over it as that is the "Weather not cooperating" venue.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

chippewa wrote:
buffettbride wrote:This could be exciting. I live just a few miles from the venue. Tickets will be nearly impossible to get and there's a 50% chance of super shitty weather. But yay..Jimmy...Red Rocks.

I'm just reading between the lines here, but it sounds like everybody can stay at your place?
[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] :lol:
:lol: Everybody can book a hotel CLOSE to my house, which happen to be v. v. close to Red Rocks. :wink: There's a tentative dibs on our guest bed already, but I realized we may actually have another because my daughter will have moved all of her stuff to her Boston apartment, so we could probably throw together an airbed or something if someone REALLY needed a spot.

This is all dependent on getting tickets, of course, which I fear will be next to impossible. Plus also, blizzards.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

Dr.Corona wrote:Average High Temp 67....Average low temp 34 for Oct. 13th. I'm sorry but what are these people thinking? WOW! Not trying to knock the situation but sure would have been sweet if the show could have been plugged in a at least a month prior. Having said that I guess if the Snow Gods stay away all will be well.
Still, This show has Denver Coliseum written all over it as that is the "Weather not cooperating" venue.
Yeah. Not sure how October came to pass as a stellar idea, but it is what it is I guess. We can have 80 degree days in October in addition to 3 feet of snow so welp. [smilie=graytard.gif]
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Despite my indifference to this year's tour, I may try to get a ticket for this show. I've always wanted to see Red Rocks. Any idea when tickets go on sale? It isn't listed on Margaritaville or TM.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

This is like when Funky got Nautical Wheelers. I'm excited for y'all. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

lime rickie wrote:This is like when Funky got Nautical Wheelers. I'm excited for y'all. [smilie=coolup.gif]

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Debbie
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

LIPH wrote:Despite my indifference to this year's tour, I may try to get a ticket for this show. I've always wanted to see Red Rocks. Any idea when tickets go on sale? It isn't listed on Margaritaville or TM.
On sale 4/22 at 12 EDT(10AM MDT)
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

:o It's actually on Margaritaville!! But has anyone ever used "AXE" for buying tickets? I signed up, but don't see anywhere to add a credit card to my profile. That could be a nightmare. :-?
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

WVParrothead wrote:
LIPH wrote:Despite my indifference to this year's tour, I may try to get a ticket for this show. I've always wanted to see Red Rocks. Any idea when tickets go on sale? It isn't listed on Margaritaville or TM.
On sale 4/22 at 12 EDT(10AM MDT)
Thanks
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
~Hippolyte~
At the Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by ~Hippolyte~ »

SMLCHNG wrote::o It's actually on Margaritaville!! But has anyone ever used "AXE" for buying tickets? I signed up, but don't see anywhere to add a credit card to my profile. That could be a nightmare. :-?
Is it not Axs? I've used them plenty and I'm pretty sure they have my credit card number. Perhaps access to adding it is hidden behind door #3?!?

Had to reset my password....it would seem it's been a while since I've been here :oops:
Frisco Feeding Frenzies I-V (+16 other shows)

SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

~Hippolyte~ wrote:
SMLCHNG wrote::o It's actually on Margaritaville!! But has anyone ever used "AXE" for buying tickets? I signed up, but don't see anywhere to add a credit card to my profile. That could be a nightmare. :-?
Is it not Axs? I've used them plenty and I'm pretty sure they have my credit card number. Perhaps access to adding it is hidden behind door #3?!?
Had to reset my password....it would seem it's been a while since I've been here :oops:
Typo. :oops: Yes, AXS. I think it allows you to save a card once you've used one, but don't see where you can add it to your 'profile' before your first purchase.
Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy »

I will be working when tickets go on sale, unless I leave for a bit to get on computer. I want to do this but getting tickets will be the hard part!
shakes2070
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Little Miss Magic
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by shakes2070 »

If we can get tix, Red Rocks Thursday and Vegas Saturday. As much as the AXS website sucked, got my Vegas tix today. Got a bit of explaining to do to the wife, she can't make it. :D