Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: Who's going to Red Rocks? 10-13-16

Post by SMLCHNG »

buffettbride wrote: To give you an idea of how this works, unless you are dropped off in the Upper Circle Lot, it's a hike to get from any of the lots into the venue. Plus, most entrances are at the bottom (stage side). This means, if you're in rows 1-20, it's not so bad getting to your seats. Rows 21-35 you start feeling the burn. Anywhere beyond that (there are 70 rows) and it is a tough stair climb up and you will wish you had oxygen and a helicopter.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, Yep.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

SMLCHNG wrote:
dawgfan wrote:
LIPH wrote:Question for the locals - are the rental car companies onsite at the airport or do you have to take a shuttle? When I was in Denver 3 years ago I didn't rent a car.
Not a local but you take a shuttle. Each rental company has their own busses, not one general bus.
Yep, what Keith said. Exit the airport at Level 5, outside doors 505-513 (east side) and 504-512 (west side).
Thanks Keith and Penny. I know the rental car lots are offsite at some of the larger airports but I took the Super Shuttle to the hotel the last time I was there so I wasn't paying attention. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
dawgfan
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 52

Post by dawgfan »

buffettbride wrote:I think lots/most are staying at the Hampton Inn SW Lakewood. It's v v close to the venue (and casa de BuffettBride). Google maps says it's 15 minutes, but it's not even that many to the venue. I do it in about 10 most times (not including the traffic you encounter when entering the venue).

Does someone want to call about group parking? If BN people want to be together we'll either need to caravan in together or see if we can pre-reserve some spots. Red Rocks parking is spread out in 5 lots of which only 2 are really walkable to one another (the lower south lots):
http://redrocksonline.com/visitor-info/parking

To give you an idea of how this works, unless you are dropped off in the Upper Circle Lot, it's a hike to get from any of the lots into the venue. Plus, most entrances are at the bottom (stage side). This means, if you're in rows 1-20, it's not so bad getting to your seats. Rows 21-35 you start feeling the burn. Anywhere beyond that (there are 70 rows) and it is a tough stair climb up and you will wish you had oxygen and a helicopter.

Yeah I have got to go to Will Call at 6pm to get my tickets. I looked where it was located from the parking lots and decided I need to rent a oxygen bottle also.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

...and when I say hike, I don't just mean a long-ish walk. You are actually walking up a mountain. Hiking. In the outdoors with gravel and dirt and bushes and such. Of course there's paths, so it's not like you have to forge your way with a machete, but I can't stress enough to wear good shoes and understand if you aren't used to imbibing at altitude it could be very, very unpleasant getting from the parking lot to your seat. All of this hiking happens BEFORE you even get to the entrance. Once you're in the entrance, then comes the stair climb. If anyone has been to the Lube, consider those stairs x5.

Now, from a fun/pretty POV, the lower south lots are where I've seen most of the fun. I've never parked in the north lots. I've parked in the upper south lot before, too. Not too bad a hike (and I think the north lot is even a little closer and involves some downhill elements).
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I won't have to walk far from the lower lots, I'm in the 4th row. 8)
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

dawgfan wrote:Yeah I have got to go to Will Call at 6pm to get my tickets. I looked where it was located from the parking lots and decided I need to rent a oxygen bottle also.
Smart move. Altitude sickness is a real thing.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

LIPH wrote:I won't have to walk far from the lower lots, I'm in the 4th row. 8)
:P
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

buffettbride wrote:...and when I say hike, I don't just mean a long-ish walk. You are actually walking up a mountain. Hiking. In the outdoors with gravel and dirt and bushes and such. Of course there's paths, so it's not like you have to forge your way with a machete, but I can't stress enough to wear good shoes and understand if you aren't used to imbibing at altitude it could be very, very unpleasant getting from the parking lot to your seat. All of this hiking happens BEFORE you even get to the entrance. Once you're in the entrance, then comes the stair climb. If anyone has been to the Lube, consider those stairs x5.

Now, from a fun/pretty POV, the lower south lots are where I've seen most of the fun. I've never parked in the north lots. I've parked in the upper south lot before, too. Not too bad a hike (and I think the north lot is even a little closer and involves some downhill elements).
Great advice, Mal!!!!!! :D
seminoledq
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Post by seminoledq »

We are still on the lookout for a pair of tickets. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for me.
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

I like the idea of meeting somewhere and driving in so we can all be together. For those who have been before, what time do those lots usually open?
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

They don't open all that early. Usually 4-5:00.
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

SMLCHNG wrote:They don't open all that early. Usually 4-5:00.

Thanks Penny! I kinda figured it was a later opening. It gives me time to do touristy things with my daughters before! Looking forward to a return to Lone Tree. I'm gonna check out 3 Freaks before, since its so close!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Finsupinfla wrote:
Thanks Penny! I kinda figured it was a later opening. It gives me time to do touristy things with my daughters before! Looking forward to a return to Lone Tree. I'm gonna check out 3 Freaks before, since its so close!
We wouldn't recommend 3 Freaks. It's not very good. About 15 minutes further to the west is "Living the Dream". Try that one instead. :)
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

SMLCHNG wrote:
Finsupinfla wrote:
We wouldn't recommend 3 Freaks. It's not very good. About 15 minutes further to the west is "Living the Dream". Try that one instead. :)
I don't drink beer, so breweries mean nothing to me. But, this one is close to me and I have lots of friends and coworkers who love to go:
http://www.breckbrewfarmhouse.com/. It's not incredibly far from "Living the Dream." Same end of town and general idea.
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

I found this video while researching parking, aptly named "The Running of the Tarps" before a Widespread Panic show that had General Admission (JB does not, everything is reserved). After this, tarps were removed from the permitted list (but you can still, and should, bring a stadium cushion or blanket because you are sitting on wood/concrete).

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I finally got around to buying a plane ticket and I decided not to cancel the Vegas Buffett weekend after this show. I tried to use frequent flyer miles but I didn't have enough for the whole trip. I redeemed miles for MYR-DEN and LAS-MYR, then paid cash for DEN-LAS. I get to Denver 12:13pm Tuesday, I figured with all that good beer out there I needed the extra day. :lol:
buffettbride
Last Man Standing

Post by buffettbride »

This is a fun little nugget: https://weatherspark.com/averages/30040 ... ted-States.

Historically only an 25% chance of precipitation on this date and 8% chance of snow (usually less than 2").

Note: Sunset is at 6:21 pm, which means we'll be walking to/from the lots to the venue in the dark. Wear good shoes.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

This is right up there with Funky getting Nautical Wheelers. I love that the banners worked and I'm happy for all of you guys. :wench: [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

lime rickie wrote:This is right up there with Funky getting Nautical Wheelers. I love that the banners worked and I'm happy for all of you guys. :wench: [smilie=coolup.gif]

Getting excited about this one. :D

Debbie
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

39!!!!!

Debbie