The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Great Woods 2017

Post by urlcenter »

BottleofRum wrote: March 1, 2017 9:22 pm ^^
So if I'm understanding your logic he is only playing shows this year where he didn't play last year OR where he owes fans a make-up show. That means, by your logic, no Cincy, Camden, Great Woods, Alpine, Nashville, Nashville, or Jones Beach this year.
This years tour is called I Don't Know 2017 Jimmy as a rule does not usually play the same venues twice under the same tour name.

Alpine might not happen due to Jimmy playing Wrigley, when Jimmy played Wrigley in 2005 he skipped Alpine Valley.

As for the others I could see shows happening at Cincy, Jones Beach and either Great Woods or Fenway.

By this time last year all but 3 or 4 shows had been announced

One more thing Jimmy has added a March 30th show in Los Angeles which would normally be an October show
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I like Jimmy Buffett.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Post by Thethirstygator »

I think Chicken Little said it best "Fenway's coming!, Fenway's coming!, Fenway's coming!"
Relax people, Great Woods TBA soon.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

urlcenter wrote: March 1, 2017 10:21 pm
BottleofRum wrote: March 1, 2017 9:22 pm ^^
So if I'm understanding your logic he is only playing shows this year where he didn't play last year OR where he owes fans a make-up show. That means, by your logic, no Cincy, Camden, Great Woods, Alpine, Nashville, Nashville, or Jones Beach this year.
This years tour is called I Don't Know 2017 Jimmy as a rule does not usually play the same venues twice under the same tour name.

Alpine might not happen due to Jimmy playing Wrigley, when Jimmy played Wrigley in 2005 he skipped Alpine Valley.

As for the others I could see shows happening at Cincy, Jones Beach and either Great Woods or Fenway.

By this time last year all but 3 or 4 shows had been announced

One more thing Jimmy has added a March 30th show in Los Angeles which would normally be an October show
The March 30th is a Margaritaville grand opening , I don't believe it's a ticketed event . if it's the same as when they opened Mohegan Sun. It was a VIP list ( Mainly PH Club board members getting 2 tickets each). AS for Alpine , I checked there site , and they don't have a concert listed at all for the 2017 season , I even double checked it against Stub Hub , and they had no tickets listed.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I don't think he'll do Alpine this year. Last time he played at Wrigley part of the contact was he couldn't play at Alpine the same year.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
Fineas
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

June 24 officially off the table. Luke Bryan just announced.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

ZBB is doing four nights in a row at Meadowbrook.

Jimmy could easily do two. There's a great mix of places to stay or camp. And the lake is beautiful.

I'd go. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: March 2, 2017 10:46 am I don't think he'll do Alpine this year. Last time he played at Wrigley part of the contact was he couldn't play at Alpine the same year.
Patrick , I looked at Alpines Site. They have nothing scheduled all year. For years , you would here the closing rumor , maybe it finally happened.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote: March 3, 2017 6:05 pm ZBB is doing four nights in a row at Meadowbrook.

Jimmy could easily do two. There's a great mix of places to stay or camp. And the lake is beautiful.

He could do Hartford too , which he hasn't played since I think 1999.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

TommyBahama wrote: March 4, 2017 9:51 am
lime rickie wrote: March 3, 2017 6:05 pm ZBB is doing four nights in a row at Meadowbrook.

Hartford is indoors though...

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Isn't there a minor league ballpark in Hartford? He could play outdoors without having to sell 40,000 tickets.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote: March 4, 2017 11:06 am Isn't there a minor league ballpark in Hartford? He could play outdoors without having to sell 40,000 tickets.
If it ever opens!!.. It was suppose to last year , but the builders failed to complete it , forcing the team ( The Yardgoats ) to play most of there season on the road. They fired the contractor back in July , brought in someone else in Oct...set to Open for April 13 , I think UCONN actually plays the 1st game there before that. Tailgating would be tough , unless they use some of The Xfinity Center lots.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote: March 4, 2017 10:57 am

The Meadows is the same as GW , also Xfinity!!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

TommyBahama wrote: March 4, 2017 11:38 am
lime rickie wrote: March 4, 2017 10:57 am

The Meadows is the same as GW , also Xfinity!!
I thought Hartford was totally inside, not an amphitheater like Meadowbrook and Xfinity.

BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Hartford also has an Xfinity Center which is an outdoor amphitheater, it used to be called the Meadows and it looks exactly like Great Woods. It is located on the Conn. River. I saw Buffett there once around 96 or 97. I recall parking being a pain because the lot were limited for parking. I don't think Buffett has played there in over 15 years. If he played here instead of Great Woods I'd take that compromise, this place is less and 60 min from my house :D
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Wasn't aware of that one, when I originally mentioned Meadowbrook I was referring to the place in NH on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Only 9000 seats so he could do two nights. Maybe not so great for Jimmy, twice the work to make the same money? I just like the idea of two shows, making a weekend out of it.

TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: March 4, 2017 1:03 pm Hartford also has an Xfinity Center which is an outdoor amphitheater, it used to be called the Meadows and it looks exactly like Great Woods. It is located on the Conn. River. I saw Buffett there once around 96 or 97. I recall parking being a pain because the lot were limited for parking. I don't think Buffett has played there in over 15 years. If he played here instead of Great Woods I'd take that compromise, this place is less and 60 min from my house :D
I go in the back in , way through North End of Hartford , Not the best of neighborhoods., when Jai Alai closed , they had that lot , and it was a pretty good lot to tailgate in. Now , tailgating is a little tougher now , you have the main lot , then some private lots around the venue. Really not in a great neighborhood to me.
Fineas
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

A new week brings new hopes of an announcement.

My fins are crossed.
andygradel75
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by andygradel75 »

Same here... really, really, really am hoping for something in Philly area so my girls can experience their first Buffett show. :)
Andy Gradel
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
CTParrothead763
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 18

Post by CTParrothead763 »

TommyBahama wrote: March 4, 2017 4:26 pm
BottleofRum wrote: March 4, 2017 1:03 pm Hartford also has an Xfinity Center which is an outdoor amphitheater, it used to be called the Meadows and it looks exactly like Great Woods. It is located on the Conn. River. I saw Buffett there once around 96 or 97. I recall parking being a pain because the lot were limited for parking. I don't think Buffett has played there in over 15 years. If he played here instead of Great Woods I'd take that compromise, this place is less and 60 min from my house :D
I go in the back in , way through North End of Hartford , Not the best of neighborhoods., when Jai Alai closed , they had that lot , and it was a pretty good lot to tailgate in. Now , tailgating is a little tougher now , you have the main lot , then some private lots around the venue. Really not in a great neighborhood to me.
Also near Hartford, in East Hartford, is Rentschler Field, the home of the UConn football team. The stadium seats about 40,000 and has football and soccer games as well as concerts. Great lot for tailgating. Would love to see him play there.