The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Jones Beach

Post by Finzup16 »

Is it safe to assume Thursday August 24 ???
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Re: Jones Beach

Post by MDShark70 »

I'm guessing Pittsburgh and Jones Beach the 22nd and 24th. Won't hazard a guess on the order.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

MDShark70 wrote: March 10, 2017 11:03 am I'm guessing Pittsburgh and Jones Beach the 22nd and 24th. Won't hazard a guess on the order.
Don't be too sure as so far no dates have not been announced for any of the following regular tour stops:

Atlanta
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jones Beach
Alpine Valley
Indy
Detroit
Greatwoods

In fact only 5 of the currently announced tour dates are at regular tour stops and those are:

Virginia Beach
Frisco TX
Houston TX
Camden
Orange Beach Al

The rest are places Jimmy did not play in 2016
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I heard or saw it somewhere , no show in Pittsburg this year.

Alpine has nothing scheduled for the year on there site.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I'm pretty sure last time Buffett played at Wrigley part of the agreement was he wouldn't play any other shows in that general area which included Alpine so Apline is prob out this year and may in fact be closed. With Camden the 17th and GW the 19th I'm sure 3-4 more show would be added around those dates. So 8/12, 8/15, 8/22. 8/24, 8/26 are all potential dates to be added. You'd have to think Jones Beach and Cincy would be added into one of those dates. Pit, AC, Indy also potential as well.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: March 10, 2017 2:29 pm I'm pretty sure last time Buffett played at Wrigley part of the agreement was he wouldn't play any other shows in that general area which included Alpine so Apline is prob out this year and may in fact be closed. With Camden the 17th and GW the 19th I'm sure 3-4 more show would be added around those dates. So 8/12, 8/15, 8/22. 8/24, 8/26 are all potential dates to be added. You'd have to think Jones Beach and Cincy would be added into one of those dates. Pit, AC, Indy also potential as well.
or Toronto
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

TommyBahama wrote: March 10, 2017 3:13 pm
BottleofRum wrote: March 10, 2017 2:29 pm I'm pretty sure last time Buffett played at Wrigley part of the agreement was he wouldn't play any other shows in that general area which included Alpine so Apline is prob out this year and may in fact be closed. With Camden the 17th and GW the 19th I'm sure 3-4 more show would be added around those dates. So 8/12, 8/15, 8/22. 8/24, 8/26 are all potential dates to be added. You'd have to think Jones Beach and Cincy would be added into one of those dates. Pit, AC, Indy also potential as well.
or Toronto
The 51st state.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

8/15, it's on Ticketmaster!
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Now posted on Margartiaville.com 8/15
https://www.margaritaville.com/tour-dates
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I always thought that Jones Beach deserved a Saturday date. I know its small but its such a fun place and a great way to spend any day but especially a Buffett day. I think I might head down this year despite it being on a Tuesday. If the Thursday date in between Jones Beach and GW wasn't in the worst place in the USA I might've made a week out of it.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Hmmmmm it's been 13 year's since I've been to Jones Beach...
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 13, 2017 10:35 am I always thought that Jones Beach deserved a Saturday date. I know its small but its such a fun place and a great way to spend any day but especially a Buffett day. I think I might head down this year despite it being on a Tuesday. If the Thursday date in between Jones Beach and GW wasn't in the worst place in the USA I might've made a week out of it.
This is WHY JB doesn't get a Saturday. It would be a phenomenal tailgate at 2am on November 12. These places and acts have to save the weekends for the less popular cities and bands.
Of course every year GW gets a Saturday and that kind of contradicts my point but............
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Last year was the first Jones Beach show I missed since 1993. Maybe I'll make my triumphant return to Long Island this year. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

^^
You only saying that because I said I might go. I'm flattered. :P
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Only if you bring the pink umbrella.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

That's offensive.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Finzup16 wrote: March 13, 2017 11:46 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: March 13, 2017 10:35 am I always thought that Jones Beach deserved a Saturday date. I know its small but its such a fun place and a great way to spend any day but especially a Buffett day. I think I might head down this year despite it being on a Tuesday. If the Thursday date in between Jones Beach and GW wasn't in the worst place in the USA I might've made a week out of it.
This is WHY JB doesn't get a Saturday. It would be a phenomenal tailgate at 2am on November 12. These places and acts have to save the weekends for the less popular cities and bands.
Of course every year GW gets a Saturday and that kind of contradicts my point but............
I think a better reason is because it's a state park and it's the beach. A summer Saturday is a big day and the State Park Commission probably doesn't want to lose 2 parking lots to tailgaters when a lot of people want to come to the beach.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

My last visit for JB @ JB was on a Saturday in 2004 and it was chaotic with the parking. There were tailgaters mixed in with folks just going to the beach. I also remember the cops being real ball busters with drinking. Literally going car to car and taking any visible alcohol from people but once we adjusted things we were OK. But parking was def an issue as there was no separation between those there for the concert and those there for the beach.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

I think I'm in on this one , I don't think they get Saturdays , because I think it would be a traffic nightmare in the Summer , also being a state park maybe. Never had issues with tailgating there in the past as far as cops and security.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Cool. I'm glad a few of the regulars will be around. Be great to see you guys. Larry, I'd make a Landshark joke but that would be too predictable.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .