Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Las Vegas 2017

Post by urlcenter »

FinsUp6835 wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
PVBigDaddy wrote:
urlcenter wrote:
tomdeb1986 wrote:So where is it officially confirmed ?? There is nothing on the MGM Grand website.
Is this an official tour or one with no name?
It is part of the "I Don't Know Tour" according to information on FB
Just so I understand correctly.
This is the 2nd stop in Las Vegas on the “I Don’t Know Tour”?

Scatter shooting and random thoughts…

How will the set list differ?
Will JB be phoning it in again? (Yes the 10/15/16 Vegas show was close to a phone in)
Will there actually be a top song of the day?
Will there be a featured album?
Will there still be a pool party?
How fun /crowded will Las Vegas be during the final weekend of NCAA March Madness?
Yes since it seems to be the case based on advertising posted on FB which makes sense given that Jimmy normally does two Vegas dates a week apart in October but did not do that last year because of other artists scheduled at MGM.

Then how do we explain wrigley in July being I dk tour?
The advertising for the Las Vegas Show posted on Facebook clearly says "I Don't Know Tour 2017"
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Any beach drink

Post by tomdeb1986 »

I don't think there will be a new tour this year with it being July for Chicago and still the IDKT
finsup2k
Gypsies in the palace
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 38

Post by finsup2k »

Y'all crack me up with so much discussion about the name of the tour, and whether it's a continuation of last year's tour. I've seen nearly 40 JB shows all over the world, and can't remember one "big" show being particularly different than another due to the tour name. It's all a bit of a blur for me at this point.

So if Bubba's gonna run the IDK Tour on a perpetual loop from here on out, I say, soak 'em up Parrotheads. Don't sweat the minutia...maybe we'll save a few bucks on concert shirts. Fins Up!
"As the son of a son of a sailor I went out on the sea for adventure..."
seminoledq
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: King of Somewhere Hot
Number of Concerts: 10
Favorite Boat Drink: Key West Sunset Ale

Post by seminoledq »

What an amazing stroke of luck. I have a conference in Vegas March 28-29. Being the Final 4 weekend my wife will be joining me that Thursday through Sunday April 2nd. We've had flights and a room booked for a month and then I get the email yesterday about the concert on the 1st. Hopefully that luck follows me to the tables while in Vegas.
PitcherPerfect
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Kick it in Second Wind, Gypsies n the Palace, Peanut Butter Conspiracy
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito - Frozen Margarita

Post by PitcherPerfect »

Booked my flight and requested my tickets through my club. The 'pool party' that everyone speaks of, I know has been held at the flamingo, is this something that one of the clubs puts on? will they send out info if another one is put together?
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder

Post by tomdeb1986 »

PitcherPerfect wrote:Booked my flight and requested my tickets through my club. The 'pool party' that everyone speaks of, I know has been held at the flamingo, is this something that one of the clubs puts on? will they send out info if another one is put together?
The pool party is great fun. I believe Margaritaville puts it on. If you're a Fins Up club member there is early entry vouchers.
PitcherPerfect
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Kick it in Second Wind, Gypsies n the Palace, Peanut Butter Conspiracy

Post by PitcherPerfect »

tomdeb1986 wrote:
PitcherPerfect wrote:Booked my flight and requested my tickets through my club. The 'pool party' that everyone speaks of, I know has been held at the flamingo, is this something that one of the clubs puts on? will they send out info if another one is put together?
The pool party is great fun. I believe Margaritaville puts it on. If you're a Fins Up club member there is early entry vouchers.

Awesome! Thanks for the info, looking forward to it!
SoCal Parrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 61
Favorite Boat Drink: Sierra Nevada

Post by SoCal Parrothead »

Buffett has continued the same tour into the following calendar year before. I will definitely be there in April. However, I hope he returns to Vegas in October. I am planning my 50th birthday party with the intention that he will be there. Oh well, I guess we can somehow manage a little fun in Fin City if Buffett does not play that month.
PVBigDaddy
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by PVBigDaddy »

SoCal Parrothead wrote:Buffett has continued the same tour into the following calendar year before. I will definitely be there in April. However, I hope he returns to Vegas in October. I am planning my 50th birthday party with the intention that he will be there. Oh well, I guess we can somehow manage a little fun in Fin City if Buffett does not play that month.
True. But when he did continue the show into the following calendar year weren't the cities new/different for that tour? In other words no repeat cities for the same tour regardless of year?

Thanks,

Kelly
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder

Post by tomdeb1986 »

PVBigDaddy wrote:
SoCal Parrothead wrote:Buffett has continued the same tour into the following calendar year before. I will definitely be there in April. However, I hope he returns to Vegas in October. I am planning my 50th birthday party with the intention that he will be there. Oh well, I guess we can somehow manage a little fun in Fin City if Buffett does not play that month.
True. But when he did continue the show into the following calendar year weren't the cities new/different for that tour? In other words no repeat cities for the same tour regardless of year?

Thanks,

Kelly
Yes the cities were new.
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder

Post by tomdeb1986 »

I know the chances are probably slim with the musical coming out but I sure wish Jimmy and the gang have a concert in October. We have been going to Vegas the last 5 years, and can't do this one in April. Vegas is so much easier to get to from Northern British Columbia :cry:
calparrothead
Favorite Buffett Song: come monday
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by calparrothead »

I read on facebook Margaritaville LV said do not count October out for a concert this year. Too many fans plan vacations around October concerts.
PitcherPerfect
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by PitcherPerfect »

calparrothead wrote: February 23, 2017 12:47 am I read on facebook Margaritaville LV said do not count October out for a concert this year. Too many fans plan vacations around October concerts.
Just FYI...I was at the Show in Vegas this past Saturday and at the end of the Show, JB said "see you all in October" so looks like this April Show was just an added bonus because he was in town for the ACMs.

Fins Up!
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins »

I hope every show ends with BEG. That is the best encore ever! Definitely would make the whole concert experience for me. And as long as he continues to honor people who have passed away, I think he should bring back "Purple Rain" in honor of Prince.
"Some people never find it..."
Brewark
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: I Love the Now
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Grog: Dutch Harbour Breeze

Post by Brewark »

PitcherPerfect wrote: April 3, 2017 9:45 am
calparrothead wrote: February 23, 2017 12:47 am I read on facebook Margaritaville LV said do not count October out for a concert this year. Too many fans plan vacations around October concerts.
Just FYI...I was at the Show in Vegas this past Saturday and at the end of the Show, JB said "see you all in October" so looks like this April Show was just an added bonus because he was in town for the ACMs.

Fins Up!
I heard that too. But I've also heard him once say he was going to play Avalon next year, but the following year - nope. I also made vacation plans for the year that the LV show was announced & cancelled.

But like you I'm hoping for a second trip to Vegas this year. I think it was '05 that he had 3 show in Vegas (1 in April & 2 in October).
Na Zdraví
seminoledq

Post by seminoledq »

Fingers crossed for another show in October. He said multiple times he'd be back during last weekend's show so I'll take that as a positive sign. All I know is if he's there, we're there.
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder

Post by tomdeb1986 »

seminoledq wrote: April 6, 2017 11:01 am Fingers crossed for another show in October. He said multiple times he'd be back during last weekend's show so I'll take that as a positive sign. All I know is if he's there, we're there.
My fingers are crossed that there will be an October show too. We have been to the last 5 concerts and would hate to not being able to make it 6.
dean_siu
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dean_siu »

I was hopeful of another October show, but I'm just not sure if it will happen after last Saturday's show. I've never seen so many empty seats there for a Buffett show and that was after giving out a boatload of tickets to locals after sales came to a virtual standstill. I don't see how this show could have been a moneymaker for Live Nation and we'll see if they want to roll the dice again later this year.
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder

Post by tomdeb1986 »

dean_siu wrote: April 6, 2017 3:22 pm I was hopeful of another October show, but I'm just not sure if it will happen after last Saturday's show. I've never seen so many empty seats there for a Buffett show and that was after giving out a boatload of tickets to locals after sales came to a virtual standstill. I don't see how this show could have been a moneymaker for Live Nation and we'll see if they want to roll the dice again later this year.
Most people who go to Vegas plan for the October show(s).
seminoledq

Post by seminoledq »

It's an easy ticket to get even in October so no surprise that this April show was tough to fill. All I know is there is a better chance of him adding another Vegas show than coming back to CO so I am hoping for an October announcement.