Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Who's Going to Charleston 5/11/17?

Post by LIPH »

How about Blackbaud Stadium? I don't know the area so I don't know how big the parking lot is and how far it is from Volvo Car Stadium, but you can see it from 526
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Carolinadreamin'
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 64
Favorite Boat Drink: Painkiller

Post by Carolinadreamin' »

LIPH wrote: March 9, 2017 5:23 pm How about Blackbaud Stadium? I don't know the area so I don't know how big the parking lot is and how far it is from Volvo Car Stadium, but you can see it from 526
The parking area is used for the Blackbaud company during business hours. Benefitfocus also has a campus there. All the areas are filled with cars of people who work for those companies. When we spoke with the Islander, they said they were going to ask BF if they can use their lot for over flow starting at 4 pm. This has been super frustrating. I realized when talking with the Islander, these folks have no idea what's about to hit them.

The private lot is still on the table. It's past Blackbaud stadium heading towards Clements Ferry Rd. Definitely would need transportation getting to the stadium.

BTW.......I miss you. 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
Finsupinfla
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 62

Post by Finsupinfla »

So, where do people park for the tennis tournament? I look at the satellite view of the area and see nothing that looks like a place to park. There are bare areas, but when you go to strew view, you can see that they can't be used to park!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

From the Volvo Car Open site:

2017 Volvo Car Open Parking
Once on Daniel Island, follow signs closely to arrive at the appropriate parking lot. Parking in Lots 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 require a Parking Hangtag that is distributed prior to the event.
Valet, Lot 5 Passes, and Handicap Parking lots are located near the Volvo Car Stadium on Seven Farms Drive. Access to these lots is through the road closure at the intersection of Island Park Drive and Seven Farms Drive. Once through the road closure, proceed to the appropriate lot by following posted signage.
Lot 4 Parking is located near the Daniel Island Sales Center on River Landing Drive near the Wando River. Patrons coming from Mt. Pleasant will need to turn right onto Island Park Drive and then left onto River Landing Drive. Once on River Landing Drive, continue straight through the stop light to access the parking lot.
Shuttle buses are operating to and from lot 4 the entire week of the event.
Spectator Parking / General Parking is located near the Daniel Island Sales Center on River Landing Drive near the Wando River. Patrons coming from Mt. Pleasant will need to turn right onto Island Park Drive and then left onto River Landing Drive. Once on River Landing Drive, continue straight through the stop light to access the parking lot. Shuttle buses are operating to and from the spectator lot the entire week of the event. Once the General Parking lot fills, spectators will be routed to Bishop England High School located on Seven Farms Drive.
Shuttle buses will be operating to and from Bishop England when the lot is in use.
No Event Parking - Please park only in designated areas. Business areas and Apartments near the Daniel Island Sales Center and closer to the Volvo Car Stadium will have strict signage posted to prevent tournament parking. If a business owner feels that a vehicle is parked illegally, they reserve the right to have a vehicle towed at the car owner's expense.
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

20150225142507.jpg
20150225142507.jpg (45.74 KiB) Viewed 7295 times
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
Carolinadreamin'

Finsupinfla wrote: March 9, 2017 8:39 pm 20150225142507.jpg
I wonder where are lots 1, 2 and 3
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot Noir in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO"
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

60!!!!!

Debbie
Marnin Grita Guy
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 32
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Marnin Grita Guy »

Two things here. One, I am going if this was not known. Two, I have a double room at the Hampton Inn if anyone wants to split and save money. It is for Wednesday and Thursday night. Next morning I head to Orlandoville!
Carolinadreamin'

Marnin Grita Guy wrote: March 15, 2017 4:38 pm Two things here. One, I am going if this was not known. Two, I have a double room at the Hampton Inn if anyone wants to split and save money. It is for Wednesday and Thursday night. Next morning I head to Orlandoville!
That's great Barry. The Hampton Inn appears to be very accommodating and you and whoever else is staying there will be able to tailgate there all day.

If anyone needs to know other possible tailgating opportunities........FB message me and I'll information out to you. Tailgating is going to be super limited. Linda Soniak.
AtlantaGal
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 35

Post by AtlantaGal »

I want to go. I live about 2 hours north in Murrells Inlet now. I wasn't able to score a ticket when they went on sale. So I am looking for 1 if anyone happens to have an extra. Unsure if I will wing it and go without a ticket, but I am leaning that way at the moment.

I have never attended an event at this venue, but I have been to several at Blackbaud. Usually there are makeshift lots set up all over the area. Last time I was at a concert there, I actually parked in a grass lot near the Publix shopping center and was school-bused to the venue.
It's a jungle out there kiddies... Have a very fruitful day.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

54!!!!!

Debbie
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Garry said he was coming down from Iowa for this show, with a stop in North Carolina to visit his brother, but he doesn't have a ticket. If anyone hears of an extra floating around, I'm sure he'd be willing to take it off your hands.
Carolinadreamin'

AtlantaGal wrote: March 18, 2017 8:00 am I want to go. I live about 2 hours north in Murrells Inlet now. I wasn't able to score a ticket when they went on sale. So I am looking for 1 if anyone happens to have an extra. Unsure if I will wing it and go without a ticket, but I am leaning that way at the moment.

I have never attended an event at this venue, but I have been to several at Blackbaud. Usually there are makeshift lots set up all over the area. Last time I was at a concert there, I actually parked in a grass lot near the Publix shopping center and was school-bused to the venue.
Those grass lots are now construction sites. Building a huge apartment complex.
AtlantaGal
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 35

Post by AtlantaGal »

Carolinadreamin' wrote: March 20, 2017 7:11 pm Those grass lots are now construction sites. Building a huge apartment complex.
Ugh! It's been three years since I went to anything down there.
It's a jungle out there kiddies... Have a very fruitful day.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

48!!!!!

Debbie
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

37!!!!!

Debbie
Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

If you have the Tennis Channel, you can get a good look at the stadium. The Volvo Open is going on now!
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
Finsupinfla
Hoot!

Post by Finsupinfla »

http://jbconcerttailgateparty.eventzill ... 2138882228
Lowcountry Parrot Head Club Tailgate
ImageImage
All my girls!!!
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Thanks for posting that info Steve. Are we going to meet somewhere to caravan into the tailgate? I'm driving down so I can bring a cooler full of adult beverages but I live in a condo so I don't have a grill. We're not supposed to grill out on our balconies. :lol:
Carolinadreamin'

As of right now, we plan to "tailgate" at Agave or Daniel Island Grill both of which open at 11-12 timeframe. They are both walking distance to the venue.