Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Re: Who's going to Great Woods, August 19, 2017?

Post by Thethirstygator »

For anyone going "back way" thru Mansfield and down South Main. Rumor has it that they are closing the bridge from South Main that crosses over 495 to Great Woods at 10:30 am. Plan accordingly. Fins up and stop by the premier parking lot for a picture with out Jimmy Buffett life size "Standee"
Fineas
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

Thethirstygator wrote: August 8, 2017 1:02 pm For anyone going "back way" thru Mansfield and down South Main. Rumor has it that they are closing the bridge from South Main that crosses over 495 to Great Woods at 10:30 am. Plan accordingly. Fins up and stop by the premier parking lot for a picture with out Jimmy Buffett life size "Standee"
Why in God's name would they close that bridge?
opsoff1
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Pussers Painkiller's

Post by opsoff1 »

Turning to BN....
Looking / hoping to link up with some fun inclusive folks - my whole Buffett plan blew up this year. Our usual crew from years past all skipped this year. (WTF?) Family / friends backed out - now I'm left with extra tickets - sold two, have 2 more up for sale and now my wife doesn't want to go.
As of today I'm sitting on 3 tix plus one for me, and a Premium Parking Pass.

So now - I am a solo act with a serious need to tailgate - any fun groups out there that wouldn't mind an army of one add on?
I hit the Pirate Looks at 50 buoy a mile or two back.
I bring all my usual tailgate stuff - grill, food, bar, tables, easy up, prize wheel, lei's, rum, beer, shots etc etc.
My drive is less than 12 miles and can meet virtually anywhere near GW/Xfinity to convoy in. Usually aim for earlier the better (11AM start).

Parrot Head in distress...mayday!
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Drive in with us, private message me and we can hammer out the details.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

opsoff1 wrote: August 9, 2017 3:29 pm Turning to BN....
Looking / hoping to link up with some fun inclusive folks - my whole Buffett plan blew up this year. Our usual crew from years past all skipped this year. (WTF?) Family / friends backed out - now I'm left with extra tickets - sold two, have 2 more up for sale and now my wife doesn't want to go.

So now - I am a solo act with a serious need to tailgate - any fun groups out there that wouldn't mind an army of one add on?
I bring all my usual tailgate stuff - grill, food, bar, tables, easy up, prize wheel, lei's, rum, beer, shots etc etc.
My drive is less than 12 miles and can meet virtually anywhere near GW/Xfinity to convoy in. Usually aim for earlier the better (11AM start).

BottleofRum will take good care of you. We usually have a huge crew but, like you, a lot of people took a pass this year.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
Fineas
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 40

Post by Fineas »

tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Meet up with the crew at Shaw's-
usually around 0900.
They will welcome you as BottleofRum says. Its an epic tailgate that you don't want to miss especially if you're by your self
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Post by Thethirstygator »

Fineas wrote: August 9, 2017 1:48 pm
Thethirstygator wrote: August 8, 2017 1:02 pm For anyone going "back way" thru Mansfield and down South Main. Rumor has it that they are closing the bridge from South Main that crosses over 495 to Great Woods at 10:30 am. Plan accordingly. Fins up and stop by the premier parking lot for a picture with out Jimmy Buffett life size "Standee"
Why in God's name would they close that bridge?
They have had a lot of problems with concert goers clogging up the residential streets. The WAZE app will send people the back way to avoid the off-ramp back-up. The only way to prevent that is shut down the bridge. If WAZE detects even a few cars going over the bridge (local traffic) it will think the road is open and route people that way.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

where are the tickets??.... I may need one , but won't be getting there till 2:30 - 3:00
opsoff1
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by opsoff1 »

TommyBahama wrote: August 10, 2017 8:30 am
where are the tickets??.... I may need one , but won't be getting there till 2:30 - 3:00
TommyBahama,
The solo ticket is Sect 3, row S right off the center aisle.

The other two are in Sect 8 Row K.

I plan on being there at 1059.

PM me if you are interested -
irshfiregrl
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration
Number of Concerts: 110
Favorite Boat Drink: 1800 coconut tequila

Post by irshfiregrl »

I'll be in my usual spot at the front of VIP at the grassy knoll. Flags will be flying. Come by and say hi!
"I'm just hangin on while this ole world keeps spinning, and its good to know its out of my control. If there's one thing that Ive learned from all this living,is that It wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

24 years but I've hit triple digits !
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

tailgaitingph wrote: August 9, 2017 11:02 pm

usually around 0900.
They will welcome you as BottleofRum says. Its an epic tailgate that you don't want to miss especially if you're by your self
Stop it, to much pressure... you are setting the bar way too high. Under-promise and over deliver is my motto! :lol:

Promise this

and deliver this
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
opsoff1
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by opsoff1 »

Saturday Night

Sunday Morning...

Pics remind me of that phrase: "There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning"
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

Is anybody buying the "lots at 1pm" that is printed on the tickets? I can't see them stemming the traffic that long. Anybody local have any insight?
Last edited by MDShark70 on August 11, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

MDShark70 wrote: August 11, 2017 11:34 am Is anybody buying the "lots at 1pm" that is printed on the tickets? I can't see them stemming the traffic that long. Anybody local have an insight?
I have all kinds of local insight. Wendell's in nearby Norton MA has the best wings around. Thats just some tip of the iceberg insight.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: I have all kinds of local insight. Wendell's in nearby Norton MA has the best wings around. Thats just some tip of the iceberg insight.
Wait, there's more? :wink:
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

MDShark70 wrote: August 11, 2017 11:34 am Is anybody buying the "lots at 1pm" that is printed on the tickets? I can't see them stemming the traffic that long. Anybody local have any insight?
according to a couple of people , one ( who does a lot of organizing of tailgates and dealing with venues) ,called xfinity and talked to supervisors . Yes 1. a second person told me , that they hired a new security company this year. And a 3rd person from one of the local PH Clubs also said 1. Past years tickets said 11 , and they stuck to that time. Waiting to hear from one more person.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: August 11, 2017 2:28 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: I have all kinds of local insight. Wendell's in nearby Norton MA has the best wings around. Thats just some tip of the iceberg insight.
:lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

gunthermoose
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Death of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy

Post by gunthermoose »

BottleofRum wrote: August 10, 2017 12:03 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: August 9, 2017 11:02 pm

usually around 0900.
Stop it, to much pressure... you are setting the bar way too high. Under-promise and over deliver is my motto! :lol:

Promise this

and deliver this
That's because Chef Moose was cooking !

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: August 11, 2017 3:53 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: August 11, 2017 2:28 pm
:lol:
There's a lot more but sometimes just the tip is plenty.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .