The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Vero Beach FL November 2nd

Post by urlcenter »

JAKE OWEN AND JIMMY BUFFETT TEAM UP FOR ‘HOMEMADE’ CHARITY BENEFIT

Jake Owen’s annual charity event returns to his hometown of Vero Beach, Florida, November 1 – 2 … but this year he’s got a special, Margarita-pouring surprise in store.

Benefiting the Jake Owen Foundation for the 9th time, this year’s event will feature a star-studded acoustic concert headlined by none other than the legendary Jimmy Buffett. The two-day blowout is being called The Jake Owen Homemade Weekend and also includes a charity golf tournament and a silent auction, with the concert set for November 2 at the city’s Corporate Air Inc. Hangar.

The intimate show will feature Owen, Buffett and some of their favorite country songwriters in a charity-dinner style arrangement. The “Margaritaville” superstar will deliver a short set alongside hit makers like Matt Stell (“I Prayed for You”), Larry Fleet, Craig Wiseman (“Live Like You Were Dying”), Dean Dillon (“The Chair”), Mac McAnally (“Back Where I Come From”) and Scotty Emerick (“Beer for My Horses”). The show is nearly sold out already, but a few tickets remain.

Founded in 2010, Owen’s foundation calls itself a “nationally active charitable organization, with a local approach.” Aimed at helping children around the country, it’s raised more than $1.6 million in its efforts to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the Boys & Girls Club of Indian River County, and other local charities.

Owen’s small-town celebrating latest single “Homemade” is currently on the charts, following up his Gold certified return to No.1 with “I was Jack (You Were Diane)” and the Gold certified Top 10, “Down to the Honkytonk.” He began releasing his Sounds From Soundcheck cover series of classic country hits last week with a hard-edged version of Waylon Jennings’ “Never Could Toe the Mark.”