SiriusXM

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

SiriusXM

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Not sure if others have experienced the same or not, but thought i would share........My darling wife bought me a new car some time back, and it came with a free 90 subscription of SiriusXM. Although I have experienced XM many times in rental cars, i just wasn't something that i was willing to pay for in my own vehicle. Add to the fact that I can already listen to Radio Margaritaville anytime, anywhere, it just didn't make any sense.

After the subscription ran out, XM began sending me all kinds of offers via email and snail mail. One day they actually called (and more surprising, I answered) and said that they had a "Great Deal". They offered me a package which included the channels which i would be interested in for an unbelievable amount of just $29.95 per month. I turned the offer down. The XM representative came back and said that they could do a one time deal at $19.95 (or something in that range), which i again turned down. By the time they were finished, it was down to $7.97 per month, for one year, including taxes and fees which i took.

A few months back, my wife decided that she wanted it in her car so i called XM. After going back and forth a bit, I finally told the representative what price i was paying, and that i would be willing to duplicate the offer in the other vehicle. The rep said that she couldn't do that, but to give her a minute and she would see what she could offer. She came back with a price which was LESS than what my plan was. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, my subscription is running out so i contacted them yesterday. They offered me another year for $29.95 which i declined. They ended up matching the same offer as my wife's car. In the end, two cars, for less than $14 a month.

I didn't even have to pull out the "You have been giving it away for free for the past month" card...

LOL
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Re: SiriusXM

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

I've had them in 2 cars for 15 years, I'm paying $59.95/year for each car. As my subscription nears renewal I call them and tell them to cancel, they keep lowering the offer until they reach a number I can agree to.
Back to livin' Floridays
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: April 30, 2020 8:47 am I've had them in 2 cars for 15 years, I'm paying $59.95/year for each car. As my subscription nears renewal I call them and tell them to cancel, they keep lowering the offer until they reach a number I can agree to.
Just saying Steve.....both cars are less than $14.....I don't have the NFL package or anything like that.....just the "normal" XM i guess.. Only listen to handful of channels...

RM
The Bridge
Yacht Rock Radio
No Shoes
80's
70's

maybe a few classic rock channels in there every now and then.
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

That is a good deal. When I got them down to $5 per month per car I went with it. I don't put many miles on my cars, maybe 10K a year on one and 4K on the other.

Like you I only listen to about 6 different channels.
Back to livin' Floridays
RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

Hi

We have gotten the $5 dollars a month for the past three years in our two cars. It's at the point now, when we get the renewal notice, we don't even need to threaten to cancel, I just call and say I'm paying the same and they agree. LOL.

The best is that they now let you use the app to listen for that price so no need to even be in the car to enjoy.We sit out on the Lanai and enjoy it mostly.

Also have an Apple music sub so it is nice to between the two services.
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 35
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

Same. I get some sort of 6 month deal which is about $6 a month. Now that I have Apple Music as a perk of my phone plan (I think--it is a perk for something I have) I usually run that through my blue tooth. I do like No Shoes Radio and RM. My daughter likes all the top 40 (do they even call it that nowadays?) stations but usually connects her phone to play her own playlists.

Now that we are stuck at home I rarely am in my car. I may just let it slide again once the subscription runs out. I always say that then always give in a few weeks after it is gone. Probably why I get good rates now that I think about it.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I never had SiriusXM before, I used to listen to Radio Margaritaville through iTunes only on concert nights. I bought a new car 2 1/2 years ago and got the free trial subscription. When the free deal was over, I started paying because terrestrial radio is so bad. I couldn't tell you how much I pay. It's billed to one of my credit cards (I don't even remember which one), I get the bill and I pay it.

I listen mostly to channels 25-27, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl and Deep Tracks, it's the music I grew up listening to. I've been listening to a lot of Tom Petty radio recently. RM is on one of the presets, but I don't listen too often. During the baseball season if Buffett has a concert on a night that I'm at a Pelicans game, I listen to the concert while I'm driving home after the game. But the ballpark is less than 10 miles away, I don't get to hear too much of the concert, :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

Download the app or log in on your home computer that way you can listen wherever you are. That is the feature that really keeps me resubscribing, it is quick and easy.

Here is the on line link and they have all channels free thru May 15 too:

https://www.siriusxm.com/
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

RIPH wrote: April 30, 2020 9:21 am Hi

We have gotten the $5 dollars a month for the past three years in our two cars. It's at the point now, when we get the renewal notice, we don't even need to threaten to cancel, I just call and say I'm paying the same and they agree. LOL.

The best is that they now let you use the app to listen for that price so no need to even be in the car to enjoy.We sit out on the Lanai and enjoy it mostly.

Also have an Apple music sub so it is nice to between the two services.
I haven't gotten into the App........can you get it on your phone included with the plan?? that would allow me to broadcast it over my home system, which would be a bonus!!!
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

Hi

Yes, the app is free no additional cost. Download it to your device.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I just downloaded the app to my phone, searched for the channels I usually listen to in the car and saved them as favorites. Pretty simple, even for someone like me. [smilie=shocked.gif]
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

thanks......will download it this morning..
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

Sirius really is not promoting the fact that the app is available. We actually found out listening one day to JD on RM a couple months ago.

Thanks JD!

We do the same, run it thru our home system for party mode or just blue tooth thru our little Bose mini speaker when we need to.

It makes the subscription worth renewing now!
Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

I'll have to call them when it gets close to renewal time.

Maybe they have a special for 2 channels? 99% of the time I listen to RM or 147-Rural Radio.
"Nonsense! I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Thanks for this info !

I'll have Kevin look into this when he gets up today :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Downloaded the app, works GREAT !!!

Only issue is my stupid cell phone has that flat, stupid, apple cornered the market & we will stop you from hooking this up to other things, not friendly plug.......after i was finished yelling at my phone, my wife came out with the adapter plug :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

MICHIPHIN wrote: May 2, 2020 7:47 am Downloaded the app, works GREAT !!!

Only issue is my stupid cell phone has that flat, stupid, apple cornered the market & we will stop you from hooking this up to other things, not friendly plug, which was stopping me from hooking it up to the house system.......after i was finished yelling at my phone, my wife came out with the adapter plug :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

All just discovered that you can go to the website, and play it from your computer.......which is even better :D :D :D
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

If you have Apple TV, you can airplay Sirius right to Apple then you have it in your home system.

No need to worry that your dongle won’t work!! :lol: 8) :lol: :-P :-x :wench:
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

My dongle works just fine.