Moderator: SMLCHNG

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Just a question.....and not being judgmental or attempting to cause conflict....

Jimmy is not going to put a traveling show on the road with the huge expense for one or two shows, even if "Social Distancing" makes it work. The cost of the tour is averaged over many stops and includes all of the other income levels which are negotiated from venue to venue.

With that said, would you be willing to attend a show with a capacity of 25% of what it normally holds (if a venue holds 20,000 - then only 5,000 tickets are allowed), but you have to pay 4X the ticket amount, or even a third?
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Michi, for me, no. Prices over the years have gone up so much that I just don't think it's worth it - I'll just wait til next year. Just gives me more time (and $ to spend) at the beach 8)

How bout you?
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

If ticket prices were 4X what they are now, I'd spend my entertainment and travel $ on something else.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

If they cancel the show , then LN or TM have to refund. Rescheduled , they don't. It's basically your out of luck ,if you have tickets for a rescheduled show. August 8th isn't going to happen. There will be no shows in the Northeast until next year. That is my prediction , and not a fact. Until they can find a vaccine or something that slows it down or medication that can cure it. Large gatherings are going to be on hold. I don't think the artist want to risk anything either, Buffett is in his 70's , the so called vulnerable age. So everyone stay safe , stay healthy , and see you in the lot for 2021.
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: May 6, 2020 2:54 pm Great Woods better be around, Live Nation owns them and I own Live Nation stock.
Sell and buy back at a lower price.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

TommyBahama wrote: May 12, 2020 4:43 pm If they cancel the show , then LN or TM have to refund. Rescheduled , they don't. It's basically your out of luck ,if you have tickets for a rescheduled show. August 8th isn't going to happen. There will be no shows in the Northeast until next year. That is my prediction , and not a fact. Until they can find a vaccine or something that slows it down or medication that can cure it. Large gatherings are going to be on hold. I don't think the artist want to risk anything either, Buffett is in his 70's , the so called vulnerable age. So everyone stay safe , stay healthy , and see you in the lot for 2021.
LN has actually said you CAN get a refund if show is rescheduled or postponed. You just have to ask for it within 30 days of that announcement.

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

MICHIPHIN wrote: May 12, 2020 4:12 pm Just a question.....and not being judgmental or attempting to cause conflict....

Jimmy is not going to put a traveling show on the road with the huge expense for one or two shows, even if "Social Distancing" makes it work. The cost of the tour is averaged over many stops and includes all of the other income levels which are negotiated from venue to venue.

With that said, would you be willing to attend a show with a capacity of 25% of what it normally holds (if a venue holds 20,000 - then only 5,000 tickets are allowed), but you have to pay 4X the ticket amount, or even a third?
I’m sure some people would. I personally would not. I’ve been fortunate to see Jimmy in the front row all the way to the back of the lawn and most places in between at numerous venues in several different states. For the past few years I still enjoy the day but I’m fine being up on the lawn for like 40$ or whatever.

I predict his next show will be unannounced at one of the usual places he plays in St. Barths around New Years.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 12, 2020 4:43 pm If they cancel the show , then LN or TM have to refund. Rescheduled , they don't. It's basically your out of luck ,if you have tickets for a rescheduled show. August 8th isn't going to happen. There will be no shows in the Northeast until next year. That is my prediction , and not a fact. Until they can find a vaccine or something that slows it down or medication that can cure it. Large gatherings are going to be on hold. I don't think the artist want to risk anything either, Buffett is in his 70's , the so called vulnerable age. So everyone stay safe , stay healthy , and see you in the lot for 2021.

Hey Tommy!!! Hope all is well. I’ll meet you in West palm. :lol:
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Well, thanks for the invite - now you owe me 2 beers :lol:

Hey Tommy, I hope all is well with you too :wink:

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Well, thanks for the invite - now you owe me 2 beers :lol:

Hey Tommy, I hope all is well with you too :wink:
Text me your address I will bring you a case tonight. I have nothing but time.
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

This isn't true. They are now offering a 30-day window for postponed shows to request a refund. Even if a show isn't cancelled. I'm in that window now for the Carolina leg when they announced it was being moved from June to October. (EDIT: Nevermind. I see Andrea already beat me to the punch..lol)

With that being said, I do agree that there likely will be no shows until MAYBE the December Florida loop at the earliest.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

I'm in the "there's nothing happening anywhere this year" camp. I'm stuck on 99 shows. It's as if the tailgating gods are testing me!
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
MyTyGy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by MyTyGy »

Based on the numbers I think there is little chance of any US stops before October. That leaves the European Tour. Numbers have never been a consideration in Paris but having built up a strong following for Dublin and London it would be a shame to let that slide if the venues are open in September. Remember Paris is what Jimmy calls the band vacation so here is hoping that we are flocking on the 'island' again this year.
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Any beach drink

Post by tomdeb1986 »

MyTyGy wrote: May 13, 2020 3:37 pm Based on the numbers I think there is little chance of any US stops before October. That leaves the European Tour. Numbers have never been a consideration in Paris but having built up a strong following for Dublin and London it would be a shame to let that slide if the venues are open in September. Remember Paris is what Jimmy calls the band vacation so here is hoping that we are flocking on the 'island' again this year.
I believe the European tour isn't happening
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

He Jon!!!! As well as can be. 2020 hasn't been a good few months so far. I had a nephew pass away in February , Covit-19 and No Buffett @ GW ( or anywhere else it seems). Lets Go , WPB was a lot of fun.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 12, 2020 5:31 pm
LN has actually said you CAN get a refund if show is rescheduled or postponed. You just have to ask for it within 30 days of that announcement.
I was just going by what i was seeing on FB , from other peoples post. It was for a lot of other concerts. I don't have any tickets i need refunded. As Jon knows. I'm a seat snob , and wait , as the show gets closer for drops. Or i work the box office area the day of the show.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tomdeb1986 wrote: May 13, 2020 11:59 pm
MyTyGy wrote: May 13, 2020 3:37 pm Based on the numbers I think there is little chance of any US stops before October. That leaves the European Tour. Numbers have never been a consideration in Paris but having built up a strong following for Dublin and London it would be a shame to let that slide if the venues are open in September. Remember Paris is what Jimmy calls the band vacation so here is hoping that we are flocking on the 'island' again this year.
I believe the European tour isn't happening
So if North America is out, and if Europe is out . . . can we start planning the Antarctic run? Tailgate in Tierra Del Fuego?
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

TommyBahama wrote: May 14, 2020 8:27 am He Jon!!!! As well as can be. 2020 hasn't been a good few months so far. I had a nephew pass away in February , Covit-19 and No Buffett @ GW ( or anywhere else it seems). Lets Go , WPB was a lot of fun.
Damn Tommy, sorry for your loss!

jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

I think there are a variety of reasons that the shows have not been outright cancelled. Most of them likely have to do with money, which is understandable.

However, I also think that we and the artists, and everyone else in the sports and entertainment world, just do not know what to expect. Think about all of the information and guidance we were given in the very beginning of this pandemic. Much of it was wrong. Who is to say that what we know now is right or wrong? Do we really know what is going to be happening in June, July or August?
"Some people never find it..."
MyTyGy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by MyTyGy »

La cigale has posted 'delayed'. The string of paris shows is over, depression sets in, see you at the tip of Chile drunkpirate.