Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 22, 2020 2:13 pm
LIPH wrote: May 22, 2020 2:00 pm All 4 of the Carolina shows have been rescheduled for next April. I already got my refund from TM for the Raleigh show, the new date for the North Charleston show is my birthday. I don't think I'll go, it's an indoor venue. If there really are any shows next April and I decide to go to one, both Raleigh and Charlotte are outdoor venues.
Does anyone really believe those Spring dates will actually happen? I’m not trying to be negative; I’m legit asking? I’m sure he intends to play if they allow gatherings of 10k or more people but it just seems so highly unlikely . . . without a vaccine, of course.
I'd be surprised if any of those shows happen. I think next summer is iffy too.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

There was no Alpine concert this year, and I wasn't going to even consider going to the United Center in Chicago (because why?!?!?), so I was out for this year anyway.

The Chicago show isn't being rescheduled, so I'm pulling for Alpine to get on the 2021 schedule!!! If so...Jon, you are coming.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

CaptainP wrote: May 22, 2020 8:38 pm There was no Alpine concert this year, and I wasn't going to even consider going to the United Center in Chicago (because why?!?!?), so I was out for this year anyway.

The Chicago show isn't being rescheduled, so I'm pulling for Alpine to get on the 2021 schedule!!! If so...Jon, you are coming.
Oh h@lls yes! I’ll bring my Varitek speedo.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

So the rest of the summer tour is now moved to 2021. We have our tickets being refunded. No way we’re holding tickets for a year. We don’t have enough luck to be sure that would work :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Haven't even had the chance to look at my schedule for next year to see what will work vs what will not. Hopefully I will get to that tomorrow...
I know I'll keep some tickets but will get refunds for most.
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 23, 2020 8:36 pm Haven't even had the chance to look at my schedule for next year to see what will work vs what will not. Hopefully I will get to that tomorrow...
Shhh sick day cough cough.
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

moog wrote: May 27, 2020 6:27 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: May 23, 2020 8:36 pm Haven't even had the chance to look at my schedule for next year to see what will work vs what will not. Hopefully I will get to that tomorrow...
Shhh sick day cough cough.
:lol: I have no problem doing that except all of the shows (other than Bristow) are out of state so it would have to be a couple of sick days
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
CaptainP
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Delicious Trappist Ales

Post by CaptainP »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 22, 2020 8:58 pm
CaptainP wrote: May 22, 2020 8:38 pm There was no Alpine concert this year, and I wasn't going to even consider going to the United Center in Chicago (because why?!?!?), so I was out for this year anyway.

Sexy. Will your Griffey bat fit in there?
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

CaptainP wrote: May 28, 2020 12:04 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 22, 2020 8:58 pm

Sexy. Will your Griffey bat fit in there?
It should. There seems to be a lot of extra space in there. Probably because I’m Irish.
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

London now September 18th, 2021
Dublin September 20th.

Those are both official via Ticketmaster and venue email I received this morning.

Unofficial but guessing that Paris will be the 23rd and 25th. I'd expect an announcement shortly on exact dates.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

WVParrothead wrote: May 28, 2020 11:24 am London now September 18th, 2021
Dublin September 20th.

Those are both official via Ticketmaster and venue email I received this morning.

Unofficial but guessing that Paris will be the 23rd and 25th. I'd expect an announcement shortly on exact dates.

Those Paris dates are correct for 2021.

Debbie
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Depending on when, or if, my high reunion is rescheduled (it was supposed to September 12 this year), I might think about going to London. I've already been to Paris and Dublin and as a retired southern gentleman on a fixed income I have to watch how I spend my travel and entertainment dollars.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote: May 28, 2020 4:16 pm Depending on when, or if, my high reunion is rescheduled (it was supposed to September 12 this year), I might think about going to London. I've already been to Paris and Dublin and as a retired southern gentleman on a fixed income I have to watch how I spend my travel and entertainment dollars.
Just make sure you bring your pink umbrella.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

It's not pink, it's magenta. And it isn't mine.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote: May 31, 2020 8:40 pm It's not pink, it's magenta. And it isn't mine.
:lol:

I know a guy who could hook you up.
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 1, 2020 2:30 amThere is 0% chance a concert venue like Great Woods in Mansfield, Ma will hold any concert this summer, which is a venue I’ve seen Buffett over 30 times (once during a Hurricane).
The one "during a hurricane" was one of the 2008 Great Woods shows right? Always wondered since I have listened to/downloaded the audio of that show but didn't actually attend it, how bad did it actually rain that day? They moved up the start time of the show so it was during the afternoon instead of in the evening right?
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

If I remember correctly, Jimmy played at GW back in 1991 with the last show being the night before Hurricane Bob hit Rhode Island and the Cape. That was a wonderful show partly because a lot of folks stayed away due to the rough weather but mostly because Jimmy had a great time telling stories that whole set list. Glad I was there for that one! :pirate:
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

atmarler26 wrote: June 10, 2020 12:52 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 1, 2020 2:30 amThere is 0% chance a concert venue like Great Woods in Mansfield, Ma will hold any concert this summer, which is a venue I’ve seen Buffett over 30 times (once during a Hurricane).
The one "during a hurricane" was one of the 2008 Great Woods shows right? Always wondered since I have listened to/downloaded the audio of that show but didn't actually attend it, how bad did it actually rain that day? They moved up the start time of the show so it was during the afternoon instead of in the evening right?
I always refer to it as the Great, Great Woods, Hurricane Show of 2008. Yes, he played an afternoon show as the worst of the hurricane, what was left of it anyways, was scheduled to his Massachusetts at night. There were periods of sun if I remember correctly but it rained a sh*t ton. Instead of an intermission, Jimmy played God’s Own Drunk solo. That ruled. My very good friend who I typically go to shows with, his name is Bottle of Rum on this board, was able to move us up to some really good seats for the show. All in all an awesome experience.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: June 10, 2020 5:01 pm
I always refer to it as the Great, Great Woods, Hurricane Show of 2008. Yes, he played an afternoon show as the worst of the hurricane, what was left of it anyways, was scheduled to his Massachusetts at night. There were periods of sun if I remember correctly but it rained a sh*t ton. Instead of an intermission, Jimmy played God’s Own Drunk solo. That ruled. My very good friend who I typically go to shows with, his name is Bottle of Rum on this board, was able to move us up to some really good seats for the show. All in all an awesome experience.
Pics or it didn't happen. :P
RIPH wrote: June 10, 2020 1:44 pm If I remember correctly, Jimmy played at GW back in 1991 with the last show being the night before Hurricane Bob hit Rhode Island and the Cape. That was a wonderful show partly because a lot of folks stayed away due to the rough weather but mostly because Jimmy had a great time telling stories that whole set list. Glad I was there for that one! :pirate:
I love this.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

lime rickie wrote: June 10, 2020 7:05 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: June 10, 2020 5:01 pm
Pics or it didn't happen. :P
RIPH wrote: June 10, 2020 1:44 pm If I remember correctly, Jimmy played at GW back in 1991 with the last show being the night before Hurricane Bob hit Rhode Island and the Cape. That was a wonderful show partly because a lot of folks stayed away due to the rough weather but mostly because Jimmy had a great time telling stories that whole set list. Glad I was there for that one! :pirate:
I love this.
I was at that show. Show started at 3. Show ended and we continued the party at the hotel. We were on the lawn area(only time on the lawn)but way back on the sidewalk. People were getting so muddy. Some were doing belly flops down the hill.