atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by atmarler26 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: June 10, 2020 5:01 pm
atmarler26 wrote: June 10, 2020 12:52 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 1, 2020 2:30 amThere is 0% chance a concert venue like Great Woods in Mansfield, Ma will hold any concert this summer, which is a venue I’ve seen Buffett over 30 times (once during a Hurricane).
The one "during a hurricane" was one of the 2008 Great Woods shows right? Always wondered since I have listened to/downloaded the audio of that show but didn't actually attend it, how bad did it actually rain that day? They moved up the start time of the show so it was during the afternoon instead of in the evening right?
I always refer to it as the Great, Great Woods, Hurricane Show of 2008. Yes, he played an afternoon show as the worst of the hurricane, what was left of it anyways, was scheduled to his Massachusetts at night. There were periods of sun if I remember correctly but it rained a sh*t ton. Instead of an intermission, Jimmy played God’s Own Drunk solo. That ruled. My very good friend who I typically go to shows with, his name is Bottle of Rum on this board, was able to move us up to some really good seats for the show. All in all an awesome experience.
If you go back and listen to Volcano from that 08 show, he says "Is there anybody in here who's even remotely dry," in the spot where he usually sings I think some people in this crowd got high.

He references the weather conditions at the previous year's show several times in the first Great Woods show from the following year (2009) as well. In 2009, Surfing in a Hurricane was actually in the setlist. The weather was just fine during the actual shows in 09, but overall there was a lot of rain in June of that year so when he led off the show with Lage Nom Ai he said during the introduction "So you were sick of all that rain weren't you? Thank goodness we came along."
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

If there had been a Great Woods show this year, it would have been a good year to finally bring back Please Come To Boston since the Mville restaurant will be coming to Boston soon and this is the 20th anniversary of when he played that song at Mansfield in 2000 during the Tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays tour. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened since he would have been promoting the new album on this year's tour and thus the space for non-yellow album songs in the setlist would have been occupied mostly with songs from The Flip Side instead of rarities, but still would have been a neat idea.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Maybe they could resurrect Freddy & the Fishsticks.

Or do venues like Stephen Talkhouse. There is a similar one near here with about 300 seats. This summer they can only have 50 per show to meet covid guidelines. First show is already sold out and at a reasonable pricepoint.

I do think there's a market for a small venues/rarities tour. I know I would go.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

atmarler26 wrote: June 11, 2020 9:46 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 1, 2020 2:30 amThere is 0% chance a concert venue like Great Woods in Mansfield, Ma will hold any concert this summer, which is a venue I’ve seen Buffett over 30 times (once during a Hurricane).
The one "during a hurricane" was one of the 2008 Great Woods shows right? Always wondered since I have listened to/downloaded the audio of that show but didn't actually attend it, how bad did it actually rain that day? They moved up the start time of the show so it was during the afternoon instead of in the evening right?
I always refer to it as the Great, Great Woods, Hurricane Show of 2008. Yes, he played an afternoon show as the worst of the hurricane, what was left of it anyways, was scheduled to his Massachusetts at night. There were periods of sun if I remember correctly but it rained a sh*t ton. Instead of an intermission, Jimmy played God’s Own Drunk solo. That ruled. My very good friend who I typically go to shows with, his name is Bottle of Rum on this board, was able to move us up to some really good seats for the show. All in all an awesome experience.
If you go back and listen to Volcano from that 08 show, he says "Is there anybody in here who's even remotely dry," in the spot where he usually sings I think some people in this crowd got high.

He references the weather conditions at the previous year's show several times in the first Great Woods show from the following year (2009) as well. In 2009, Surfing in a Hurricane was actually in the setlist. The weather was just fine during the actual shows in 09, but overall there was a lot of rain in June of that year so when he led off the show with Lage Nom Ai he said during the introduction "So you were sick of all that rain weren't you? Thank goodness we came along."
“Is there anyone out there who’s even remotely dry” I remember that got a huge pop from the crowd.

Buffett was on Nantucket yesterday. Maybe we’ll get a Chicken Box appearance at some point before the snow falls. I used to live on Nantucket and saw JB perform Brown Eyed Girl there with Entrain. I was pretty drunk so I might’ve just imagined it.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: July 27, 2020 7:15 pm

“Is there anyone out there who’s even remotely dry” I remember that got a huge pop from the crowd.

Buffett was on Nantucket yesterday. Maybe we’ll get a Chicken Box appearance at some point before the snow falls. I used to live on Nantucket and saw JB perform Brown Eyed Girl there with Entrain. I was pretty drunk so I might’ve just imagined it.
I would imagine that you're drunk now so surely this is imagined. :P

I do hope you get a surprise Chicken Box show. Please post the video if it happens. :wench:

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: July 27, 2020 7:37 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: July 27, 2020 7:15 pm

I would imagine that you're drunk now so surely this is imagined. :P

I do hope you get a surprise Chicken Box show. Please post the video if it happens. :wench:
:lol: Drinking, yes. Drunk no. Buffett has played the Chicken Box many times. Never announced. I caught him there that one time. If he plays a bar in 2020 it’ll probably be somewhere in St Barths this Winter. But if he does play Nantucket, and I’m around, I’ll def post a video.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Are the December 2020 shows still happening? Just noticed they are still up as scheduled.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Bumping this back up because of the news that Florida is allowing full capacity at stadiums. Those 2020 Florida dates are still up, Mr. Buffett. If you play I’m there.

For the record, I know these shows will probably not happen. But if full capacity is allowed in Florida, as reported, and Jimmy has Florida shows scheduled . . . call me crazy for thinking there is a chance. Seems to me Fins will be the f@&$ up in December.
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: October 7, 2020 8:16 pm Bumping this back up because of the news that Florida is allowing full capacity at stadiums. Those 2020 Florida dates are still up, Mr. Buffett. If you play I’m there.

For the record, I know these shows will probably not happen. But if full capacity is allowed in Florida, as reported, and Jimmy has Florida shows scheduled . . . call me crazy for thinking there is a chance. Seems to me Fins will be the f@&$ up in December.
Would love for them to happen!
The 8th or 11th would be dates I could possibly make but I really don't see them happening :-?
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: October 7, 2020 8:38 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: October 7, 2020 8:16 pm Bumping this back up because of the news that Florida is allowing full capacity at stadiums. Those 2020 Florida dates are still up, Mr. Buffett. If you play I’m there.

The 8th or 11th would be dates I could possibly make but I really don't see them happening :-?
He sold tickets for these shows, right? They’re still listed as active. Correct me if I’m wrong but that means he hasn’t refunded the money, right? Do you know how much money the ticket agency AND Jimmy has made on interest on all these tickets sold? More then a lot of people make in a year or more and he hasn’t done any work for it. And he doesn’t have to pay it back. Three shows? 6 - 7 million in sales over a half year or more interest fuels a lot of private jets. Jimmy has not been isolating. He’s been all over the world. Including Nantucket where he attended a party. A big one. These shows are up and the stadiums are allowed full capacity . . . and he’s going or refund people their hard earned money now? Nope. Refuse to believe. I refuse to believe Jimmy would do that. No way. Not Jimmy. You left them up. You left people’s hopes up, and their wallets less full. Play. The. Shows. Stadiums are open. :D
tomdeb1986
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Any beach drink

Post by tomdeb1986 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: October 7, 2020 8:47 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: October 7, 2020 8:38 pm

He sold tickets for these shows, right? They’re still listed as active. Correct me if I’m wrong but that means he hasn’t refunded the money, right? Do you know how much money the ticket agency AND Jimmy has made on interest on all these tickets sold? More then a lot of people make in a year or more and he hasn’t done any work for it. And he doesn’t have to pay it back. Three shows? 6 - 7 million in sales over a half year or more interest fuels a lot of private jets. Jimmy has not been isolating. He’s been all over the world. Including Nantucket where he attended a party. A big one. These shows are up and the stadiums are allowed full capacity . . . and he’s going or refund people their hard earned money now? Nope. Refuse to believe. I refuse to believe Jimmy would do that. No way. Not Jimmy. You left them up. You left people’s hopes up, and their wallets less full. Play. The. Shows. Stadiums are open. :D
Florida dates are being rescheduled for 2021. One would be stupid to think that Jimmy is going to risk the health of everyone involved for any show.

Stadiums also aren't opening at full capacity.
atmarler26
I have found me a home

Post by atmarler26 »

tomdeb1986 wrote: October 8, 2020 1:29 pmFlorida dates are being rescheduled for 2021. One would be stupid to think that Jimmy is going to risk the health of everyone involved for any show.

Stadiums also aren't opening at full capacity.
Whenever it ends up being safe for concerts to resume in 2021, it will be interesting to hear what his first show opening song is to hopefully cheer everyone up a little bit. That will be a special moment.

He covered Here Comes the Sun a long time ago, and that has the line "it's been a long cold lonely winter" so that could be fitting for next spring if things are better by then. Holiday would be a good choice as well. Or Boat Drinks, just to play on the cabin fever aspect.
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

If shows are back in 2021 it is unlikely there will be much if any tailgating allowed. Ticketmaster already said only people who can show proof of a negative test or a vaccination can enter. So it seems very unlikely they'd allow tailgating any venue for any concert or event until the vaccine is more widespread which seems like will take until late summer. .
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: November 18, 2020 8:56 pm If shows are back in 2021 it is unlikely there will be much if any tailgating allowed. Ticketmaster already said only people who can show proof of a negative test or a vaccination can enter. So it seems very unlikely they'd allow tailgating any venue for any concert or event until the vaccine is more widespread which seems like will take until late summer. .
But I was hoping to see a bunch of stranger’s boobs while I got hammered. Way to sully the mood, man.
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: November 21, 2020 10:10 pm But I was hoping to see a bunch of stranger’s boobs while I got hammered. Way to sully the mood, man.
Wait...you need a concert for that to happen?! :lol:
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: November 22, 2020 7:48 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: November 21, 2020 10:10 pm But I was hoping to see a bunch of stranger’s boobs while I got hammered. Way to sully the mood, man.
Historically, no. But 2020 is weird times, my friend. Way less stranger boob’s then normal.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: November 22, 2020 11:22 am
Historically, no. But 2020 is weird times, my friend. Way less stranger boob’s then normal.
Strange as in “odd”. Or as in boobs of someone you don’t know? :lol:
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Saltx3 wrote: November 22, 2020 1:32 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: November 22, 2020 11:22 am
Strange as in “odd”. Or as in boobs of someone you don’t know? :lol:
Both.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Jon always classes up the joint. :lol:

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: November 22, 2020 5:32 pm Jon always classes up the joint. :lol:
I’m great at dinner parties.