Short Stack, Coffee Black SATURDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Short Stack, Coffee Black SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN. I'm a big Peter Mayer fan and have been blessed to have his Christmas concert close in Erie, but not this year.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Short Stack, Coffee Black SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Bill. I'm not much of a fan of Christmas music so I never saw Peter Mayer's show. He's never played anywhere close, either here or when I lived on Long Island, and I'm not traveling to listen to Christmas music.

As for the title of the thread, I've never been a pancake guy so I'll pass on the short stack but coffee black sounds good. It was 39 degrees when I woke up this morning. :o
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

It's another day in paradise 😂 I'm working today but at least my Buckeyes don't kick off till 3:30.

We "inherited" Bryan's Dad's pool table and he had it moved this past Tuesday. The guys were awesome! Today he is going to pickup the balls and cues and take down the billiard light. Now we just need to hit the lottery so we can finish the basement! 🤣
You're Killing Me Smalls
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

It's up to 60 degrees, I think I'll go to the park for a stroll. Then I'll come home and have a beer while I watch some college football. 🍺 🏈
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

It 45 and that is supposed to be the high. Also could rain at any minute....so gloomy out.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

What a beautiful day, it was so nice I stayed at the park longer than I intended to.

A guy went by on rollerblades, he was wearing shorts and black knee socks. Quite the fashion statement. :lol:
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Afternoon Saturday BN'ers
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Evening, peeps. 8) Frosty and blustery in Vacationland.

Hired a guy to do fall lawn clean up and he no-showed. :x He lives right down the street so I see him all the time when I walk the dog. It’s mostly leaves but there are also a ton of apples that fell and neither one of us is up for picking up all that. We’ll see if he shows tomorrow.

Tammy, have fun with that pool table. And maybe consider picking up one of those tops you can put on to convert to a ping pong table, too. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

LIPH wrote: November 19, 2022 4:11 pm What a beautiful day, it was so nice I stayed at the park longer than I intended to.

A guy went by on rollerblades, he was wearing shorts and black knee socks. Quite the fashion statement. :lol:
I was sorry to miss the Rockefeller Center roller skating rink this past summer. There is a rink not far from us that I want to visit in December. I never learned the in-line and the braking is in the back, instead of the front like the old-school kind of skates. I’ll be using those, the local rink has both kinds.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Late stop today. For up early, like a regular work day time, to visit a warehouse sale of household decor with daughter Bridget. It was a success in that I was able to grab a few small Christmas gifts for 2 of my 4 new coworkers.

Then brunch with Bridget at a locally owned coffee shop that has a small, but awesome, menu. I had pumpkin French toast with a walnut glaze. It was amazing.

Grandson Austin was here at 1:00 for a few hours while his mom went off to her LPN job at a local retirement facility and his dad was still on weekend drill at Fort Indiantowm Gap. We had a good time playing a few rounds of UNO and Shut the Box. Austin was also “helping” pop-pop use the blower to get rid of leaves on both decks.

Now some tv time.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! Nice day for you, Linda. I worked in the cold for 2 hours on the holiday lights and now I feel ache. I haven't been sick since OVID started.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

lime rickie wrote: November 19, 2022 6:08 pm Evening, peeps. 8) Frosty and blustery in Vacationland.

Hired a guy to do fall lawn clean up and he no-showed. :x He lives right down the street so I see him all the time when I walk the dog. It’s mostly leaves but there are also a ton of apples that fell and neither one of us is up for picking up all that. We’ll see if he shows tomorrow.

Tammy, have fun with that pool table. And maybe consider picking up one of those tops you can put on to convert to a ping pong table, too. [smilie=coolup.gif]
Bummer on the no show, that sux! Grrr.
I'll have to check out a ping pong table top, the kids would love it ❤️
You're Killing Me Smalls
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Hurricanes are playing in Minnesota tonight. The announcer just said it's 12 degrees. Better there than here. :lol:
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

Since we got a new mattress, we found some plastic under-the-bed boxes.
One had hurricane supplies...flashlights, a zillion candles, first aid kit, transister radios, etc. We kept all that.
The other box had sweater vests and sweaters that were given to me. I haven't worn any of them EVER. So, they have all been folded and will be donated.
I have double rods on one side of our closet...all winter, long sleeve shirts. I need to go through all those shirts and donate most of them. So many, I wore to work. The kids loved my Christmas, Looney Tunes, Mickey, flamingo, animals, etc. Time to let someone else enjoy them.
Anyone want to help????
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

springparrot wrote: November 19, 2022 10:08 pm Since we got a new mattress, we found some plastic under-the-bed boxes.
One had hurricane supplies...flashlights, a zillion candles, first aid kit, transister radios, etc. We kept all that.
The other box had sweater vests and sweaters that were given to me. I haven't worn any of them EVER. So, they have all been folded and will be donated.
I have double rods on one side of our closet...all winter, long sleeve shirts. I need to go through all those shirts and donate most of them. So many, I wore to work. The kids loved my Christmas, Looney Tunes, Mickey, flamingo, animals, etc. Time to let someone else enjoy them.
Anyone want to help????
This sounds like an empty, purge and reorganize job I would love to help with. So sorry you live so far away.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

I Survived the chilly conditions of the Michigan football game today.
The Wolverines survived against the Illinois Fighting Illini.
Tammy’s OSU Bucknuts survived their game with the Terps of Maryland.
Janice’s Aggies survived against U Mass.
Doesn’t look like E’s Okie St. Cowboys are gonna survive Bedlam against Okie Sooners
Wayne (Santa)….well…I don’t know what to say about his Hurricanes 🤷‍♂️
Have a good Evening all
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

Dr.Corona wrote: November 19, 2022 10:14 pm I Survived the chilly conditions of the Michigan football game today.
The Wolverines survived against the Illinois Fighting Illini.
Tammy’s OSU Bucknuts survived their game with the Terps of Maryland.
Janice’s Aggies survived against U Mass.
Doesn’t look like E’s Okie St. Cowboys are gonna survive Bedlam against Okie Sooners
Wayne (Santa)….well…I don’t know what to say about his Hurricanes 🤷‍♂️
Have a good Evening all
Looks like Texas Tech beat Iowa and is bowl eligible.
The baseball team is in Hawaii enjoying the beach!
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

Saltx3 wrote: November 19, 2022 10:13 pm
springparrot wrote: November 19, 2022 10:08 pm Since we got a new mattress, we found some plastic under-the-bed boxes.
Anyone want to help????
This sounds like an empty, purge and reorganize job I would love to help with. So sorry you live so far away.
I would love your help. I say I am ruthless when I go through stuff, but I'm not. I get sentimental with family things. I can't get rid of that sweater, my Mother knit it. But I haven't worn it in 40 years.....
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

springparrot wrote: November 19, 2022 10:31 pm
Saltx3 wrote: November 19, 2022 10:13 pm
Anyone want to help????
I would love your help. I say I am ruthless when I go through stuff, but I'm not. I get sentimental with family things. I can't get rid of that sweater, my Mother knit it. But I haven't worn it in 40 years.....
Our daughter Bridget took her PawPaw's College Letter sweater and made it into a pillow for Kevin's mom. Perhaps you could find someone local who could do the same with your mom's handmade knitted sweaters? You can also take pictures of those items and have a photo collage made to frame and hang in a special place.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda