Frankie Valli ...

Here you can discuss any other artist including Sunny Jim, Todd Snider, Jerry Jeff Walker, Steve Goodman, James Taylor, Alan Jackson, Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and others

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Frankie Valli ...

Post by Dr.Corona »

Has anyone seen him live since Covid hit? If so, feedback to share?

He just recently celebrated Birthday #89 & He's out on tour. We're considering going to one of his shows. I've watched youtube footage of a couple concerts he's done over the last 8 months. It kind of appears some lip syncing is going on, but the band & him are of course playing ALL the classic hits from back when I was a small fry. Just to hear the songs "Live" with this crop of 4 Season Singers & current band on stage might be worthy of an evening at the amphitheater.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Re: Frankie Valli ...

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

A little appetizer for you...

ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Snagged $25 tickets today as Live Nation/Ticketmaster has their $25 ticket week going on. Most venues selling the $25 tickets are for their lawn seating, but these happened to be at the back of the pavilion which I was planning on anyways so I got a nice little savings there.... 8)
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: May 10, 2023 4:51 pm Snagged $25 tickets today as Live Nation/Ticketmaster has their $25 ticket week going on. Most venues selling the $25 tickets are for their lawn seating, but these happened to be at the back of the pavilion which I was planning on anyways so I got a nice little savings there.... 8)
That's a win win!
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I haven't seen him. But, a few years ago, I saw a band called the Hitmen. 4 of them were members of the Four Seasons. Gerry Polci the drummer was the singer for the theme song to Grease.Lee Shapiro was another name I remember. They have changed their sound as of late. Total new band. To bad, they were great.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: May 11, 2023 7:31 am I haven't seen him. But, a few years ago, I saw a band called the Hitmen. 4 of them were members of the Four Seasons. Gerry Polci the drummer was the singer for the theme song to Grease.Lee Shapiro was another name I remember. They have changed their sound as of late. Total new band. To bad, they were great.
No question, again, just great songs!
As long as the songs don't get butchered most people who enjoy the nostalgia of music from yesteryear are happy with hearing the background music & filling in their own sing-a-long.
I recall at the end of Eddie Money's run I swear he'd start out singing out loud the hits (Two Tickets to Paradise, Baby Hold On, etc.) & everyone in the crowd would be singing so much & loud he'd just kind of let them take over.....