So long May FRIDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

So long May FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning!

I think I got this right -- today is Friday -- and it's the last Friday in May -- right :)

Steroids are helping my hand but it's still swollen and man -- I hate the side effects of steroids. up at 5:00 on my day off :(.

Im going to "help" my girlfriend who has a pool where I spend a lot of my time off. I won't be very helpful but I'm offering to cheer her on as payment for getting to use the pool. Then regular Friday errands.

Have a fantastic day everyone! Try to find someone you don't know and share a smile -- might be the only thing that brightens their day.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: So long May FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Linda.

The bikers in town for Bike Fest are not going to have a pleasant Friday and Saturday. According to the weather guy on the 11:00 news last night, we could have as much as 4 inches of rain today and tomorrow along with wind gusts in the 35-40 mph range. I wouldn't want to be on a motorcycle in that weather.

Unfortunately, the bad weather screws up something I wanted to do this weekend. The Traveling Vietnam Veterans Wall is in town, it got here sometime yesterday afternoon. I've seen the real one in Washington, DC and the traveling one when I still lived in NY. I'd like to see it again but it's outdoors and I don't want to be outside in a torrential downpour.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning Larry and Linda and BN!

Busy here at work this morning. Ready for the day to be over already. :)

Sorry the steroids don't like you, Linda. :( I have a doctor appointment to look at my thumb. I'm pretty sure it's "Trigger Finger" from all descriptions I've read.

We've seen that Memorial too, Larry. Pretty impressive and powerful.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The Pelicans are on a road trip so I wasn't paying much attention to the games. I looked at the website this morning and they're on a 3 game winning streak. Tuesday night's win was 2,300 career wins for their manager in 35 seasons, the 4th most wins in minor league history. He needs 90 wins to make it to 3rd place but they only have 90 games left and they're not going undefeated for the rest of the season so he won't make it this year.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Well, my steroid injection relief was short lived. It's screaming at me again so I'm thinking she'll order an MRI when I talk to her on Tuesday. At least she phoned in more pain meds!
Bryan only had a half day today and is already home. I'm going to s*** it up and get in the hot tub tonight. It's fine once I'm in but getting in is dicey with my bum ankle.
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

We have bluish skies!!! Not the prettiest blue but better than gray and rainy!

Astros are back on the road in Oakland. Game doesn't start until 8:30 here. 🧡⚾️💙
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

(((Linda))) and ((( Tammy)))), sorry for the pain, girls. I have a split on the end of my pointer finger if that counts.

My old high school buddy joined me on the water today. We have never seen the river so low and there is NO RAIN for a week. Shallows I normally blast through had me gritting my teeth. It was like boating over wet rocks. The kayak fleet was enjoying the beautiful day.They can have the river this weekend. I don't need the crowded ramps.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Sorry Tammy. My hand is better but I feel the anger when I do something that it doesn’t like.

Got stuff done today but traffic was horrible. Guess everyone is getting ready for the wwwkwnd.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Saltx3 wrote: May 26, 2023 5:24 pm Sorry Tammy. My hand is better but I feel the anger when I do something that it doesn’t like.

Got stuff done today but traffic was horrible. Guess everyone is getting ready for the wwwkwnd.
Linda, I'm sorry for your pain as well. Our Apple Valley community is nuts and has a community wide freaking garage sale ALL weekend long EVERY Memorial Day. Traffic is nuts!
You're Killing Me Smalls