Holy Wind Batman MONDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Holy Wind Batman MONDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good morning.......we've got severe winds since last evening and expected until around 6 tonight.....the wind chill is right around 30.

I'll be busy at work today -- last week 18 zoning permit applications arrived and 3 Right-to-Know Requests. I already told the staff to tell applicants it's a minimum of 3 business week turnaround now for applications. This will make people angry as everyone is itching to start their spring projects. Oh well......

Make sure you don't blow away today :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Holy Wind Batman MONDAY @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Linda. We have several inches of snow and an appointment an hour plus away at 10;40. The roads should be clear by then.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Linda and Bill. It's a little cooler than it's been the last few days, only 50 degrees, and it's pollen season. There's a yellow coating on my car every day when I go downstairs.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: March 11, 2024 10:52 am Good morning Linda and Bill. It's a little cooler than it's been the last few days, only 50 degrees, and it's pollen season. There's a yellow coating on my car every day when I go downstairs.
Ugh. I have tree pollen grass pollen and rag weed allergies. Got shots yr round for 12 years. Dr said I was as good as I was going to get. I find a strong steady dose OTC stuff (which used to be prescription only) helps.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I had a couple of errands to run and on the way home I saw another license plate I'm surprised was approved by DMV. It was a Tesla and the plate said NOFNGAS. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

@ Larry :lol: :lol: :lol: That's great!

Started typing earlier, and never hit submit! :oops:

No wind here today - but there will be tomorrow and several days ahead. Some possibility of big snow coming. Have seen 2-5 and 8-12".. Ugh. No pollen here yet. Usually doesn't get terrible here, and luckily I don't have any allergies.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

LIPH wrote: March 11, 2024 4:05 pm I had a couple of errands to run and on the way home I saw another license plate I'm surprised was approved by DMV. It was a Tesla and the plate said NOFNGAS. :lol:
Yeah... I'm'a gonna go out on a limb and say that one slipped by. :lol:
Does SC recall plates? Here in MA, if someone complains about a tag to the RMV it will investigate. In some cases, they have been revoked!

I saw your beer post from yesterday about 1-ounce samples and had to laugh at the visual of what that Black & Tan could possibly have looked like! :lol:
BTW, did they ever repeal the "no open bottles" law down there? Back when I lived in Charlotte, NC I would go to a bar in Rock Hill SC on occasion to hear a friend's husband's band and the bar ONLY had airline bottles to make drinks with to comply with that law! Of course, now that I think about it, it may have been a local ordinance... I am not sure... But I do remember it resulted in really strong drinks because they also used small glasses! :o
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Day 5, or is it 6?, of a severe heatwave warning.

At least two more days until the next cooler change. Although today is forecast to be cooler than the past 5 or 6 days. It'll only get to 100°F today, not 105 or 106!

So much for summer being over...

On the bright side the 2024 late pick shiraz is going to be stonkingly big!
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! We got some good health news today, then moved some money at the bank. The young woman waiting on us was the granddaughter of my elementary principal who I later worked under.

I like it warm, but not that warm, Rabz!
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

bodypainter wrote: March 11, 2024 7:02 pm Hi there! We got some good health news today, then moved some money at the bank. The young woman waiting on us was the granddaughter of my elementary principal who I later worked under.

To be honest Bill, this spell of weather is kind of expected, just not so much in March.

I would hate to be out working in it, but have done so in the past and survived. I am probably just getting soft!

The best bit is it has coincided with a long weekend that I decided to extended by a couple of days. Back to the grind tomorrow.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

Rabbitz wrote: March 11, 2024 9:06 pm
bodypainter wrote: March 11, 2024 7:02 pm Hi there! We got some good health news today, then moved some money at the bank. The young woman waiting on us was the granddaughter of my elementary principal who I later worked under.

To be honest Bill, this spell of weather is kind of expected, just not so much in March.

I would hate to be out working in it, but have done so in the past and survived. I am probably just getting soft!

The best bit is it has coincided with a long weekend that I decided to extended by a couple of days. Back to the grind tomorrow.
I was 19, working in the annealing room of our local steel mill on a brutally hot day and felt dizzy. I looked at a thermometer several feet from a massive furnace. It was 138 degrees! I moved away from that furnace and guzzled water all through my shift.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Rabbitz wrote: March 11, 2024 6:02 pm At least two more days until the next cooler change. Although today is forecast to be cooler than the past 5 or 6 days. It'll only get to 100°F today, not 105 or 106!
On the bright side the 2024 late pick shiraz is going to be stonkingly big!

Can we settle for the 80's and 90's? :)

I love a good Shiraz :)
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 11, 2024 9:32 pm [
Can we settle for the 80's and 90's? :)

I love a good Shiraz :)
I sometimes think a good steady weather pattern would be good, but what would have to complain about then?

The shiraz made here in the Barossa Valley consistently wins the outright best in world wide wine competitions and gradings. (And they're not even the best ones as the small artisan winemakers can't afford to enter). So we are quite spoilt.

A ten minute walk in any direction from our place will find you at a cellar door - all with terrific wines. It can be dangerous...
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman