it's Friday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

it's Friday @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning everyone!

The "sign" we thought we saw to purchase the house that was relisted with a reduced price was taken down :-?
We spent on hour on a FaceTime call with our friends & Realtor as they walked through and around the house answering the list of questions we sent them earlier in the morning. An hour later Whitney called to say there was an offer put in so if we were interested......we put one in. At 4:30 we were told the sellers took the other offer. Back to square 1 (which we can't find at the moment) :cry:
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: it's Friday @ the MSC

Post by dnw »

Sorry it hear about the house. Something better will come along. Good morning, BN. :D :D :D

Debbie
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Awww, that's a bummer, Linda. :( Hope the next one you find is the right one!

Morning Deb!

And good morning BN! :) Another pretty day here. Last night on my drive home it was 72. Cooler temps coming Sunday night into Monday with rain/snow. NOT as much as last week, however!

Ready for this workday to be over.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good afternoon. I'm waiting for the rain to start, we're supposed to get about 2 inches today and tomorrow.

I'm not a basketball fan, I didn't watch a college basketball game all season, but I filled out 2 NCAA brackets. There were 16 games yesterday and I had 11 right in one bracket and 10 in the other. I'm screwed in the South region in one bracket, I had Kentucky going to the Final Four and they lost yesterday so I'm guaranteed to get at least 4 more games wrong.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

So, I assist HR/Recruiting and help with signing new hire paperwork. This past week I got notification of two new people - one named Comfort and one named Princess.. :o :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 22, 2024 12:34 pm So, I assist HR/Recruiting and help with signing new hire paperwork. This past week I got notification of two new people - one named Comfort and one named Princess.. :o :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is Comfort's last name Inn ?
Is Princess' last name Royale ?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 22, 2024 12:34 pm So, I assist HR/Recruiting and help with signing new hire paperwork. This past week I got notification of two new people - one named Comfort and one named Princess.. :o :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I worked at the law firm, we had an associate whose name was Seven. I always wondered if he had 6 older siblings.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

When we saw our house the owner accepted a different offer and a few weeks later the deal fell through , so our realtor called Bryan when I was in the OR having my heart valve replacement, he told her to reinstate our offer and it was accepted...🤞🤞🤞of its meant to be then it will happen 💞

Any news on Molly?
You're Killing Me Smalls
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

When we bought our house 26 years ago, we were in a bidding war with another party and ended up paying $8K more than the asking price.
Housing values have changed a little since then, and a house around the corner from us sold last year for $250K more than ask.
We thought the listing price was absolutely ridiculous and that house would never sell, but a foreign buyer came in and paid cash for it! :roll:
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

LIPH wrote: March 22, 2024 12:50 pm
When I worked at the law firm, we had an associate whose name was Seven. I always wondered if he had 6 older siblings.
I worked with a guy in Charlotte whose name was Cash... not bad, right? But his last name was Register! :o We always wondered if he had a sibling named Heat :lol:
melon59 wrote: March 22, 2024 1:27 pm When we saw our house the owner accepted a different offer and a few weeks later the deal fell through , so our realtor called Bryan when I was in the OR having my heart valve replacement, he told her to reinstate our offer and it was accepted...🤞🤞🤞of its meant to be then it will happen 💞
Linda, I was going to relay a similar story about our neighbor's house. The first 2 offers they accepted wach had an issue come up so the 3rd one in got the house! All this took less than 3 weeks! So just hang in there... you never know!
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99