A Great Day THURSDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

A Great Day THURSDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN! The day will be wonderful here. We are off for a day out after an appointment. Enjoy your day.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: A Great Day THURSDAY@ the MSC

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning Bill & BN'ers to come!
Enjoy your Great Day Bill......and everyone else can too.
We have a beautiful day weather wise here in Flintown. I realize many of you may find that hard to believe but Sunny & mid to upper 70's without humidity works for me. Albeit won't be able to enjoy it until after 5 but oh well.

Happy 2nd day of May gang!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Bill and Ken. It's sunny and 75 degrees but instead of enjoying the nice weather I'll be spending 2 hours indoors with needles in both arms, I have an appointment to donate platelets at noon. At least if my hemoglobin cooperates. My last 3 donation appointments, 2 for platelets and 1 for whole blood, my hemoglobin was too low and I was deferred.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Speaking of memory loss.... Mrs SPH and I had an argument last night over, of all things, how old I was.
We were talking with some neighbors and the subject of age came up.
Me: "I'm going to be 74 on my next birthday."
She (in her gentle, condescending tone)(the one she uses with her 96 yo mom): "Mel, you're going to be 75."
Me: "I think I know how old I am, I'm gonna be 74."
She (even more condescending): "Honey, you're going to be 75."
Me (now getting a little perturbed): "Do the math, I was born in 1950, it's now 2024... I'm gonna be 74."
She (like it's somehow my fault): "Oh, I guess so... I rounded you up to 74 some time ago and now that your b'day is near, I rounded up again." :roll:
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: May 2, 2024 10:46 am Speaking of memory loss.... Mrs SPH and I had an argument last night over, of all things, how old I was.
We were talking with some neighbors and the subject of age came up.
Me: "I'm going to be 74 on my next birthday."
She (in her gentle, condescending tone)(the one she uses with her 96 yo mom): "Mel, you're going to be 75."
Me: "I think I know how old I am, I'm gonna be 74."
She (even more condescending): "Honey, you're going to be 75."
Me (now getting a little perturbed): "Do the math, I was born in 1950, it's now 2024... I'm gonna be 74."
She (like it's somehow my fault): "Oh, I guess so... I rounded you up to 74 some time ago and now that your b'day is near, I rounded up again." :roll:
:lol: [smilie=giggle.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]
Ahhhh....those little "enjoyable" moments in life.

I swear if I blanked out on what year it was I'd have trouble knowing how old I am. For the longest time i've used the mental math approach to figuring out my age like you just presented. I Just don't pay attention to it. Now with me hitting Medicare age later this year that gives me more clarity as to how old I am now :pirate:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Evening, lurkers. 8)

Raining buckets now but supposed to clear out for the weekend. Lazy day just hanging around. Mr. Lime is making some homemade fried rice and fixings.

We’re ‘mis-remembering’ more and more. Thankfully over mundane things, nothing important so far anyway. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

The age thing is sometimes tough for me because my birthday is so much later than all my friends, so when I was in school by the time I had my birthday, I was thinking I was already at the age they were, so I must be older now! [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
It was a Royal PITA, because when I got to college at 17, I could not drink yet (it was 18 back then, yes... I am old) :lol:
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Caribbean Soul wrote: May 2, 2024 6:16 pm The age thing is sometimes tough for me because my birthday is so much later than all my friends, so when I was in school by the time I had my birthday, I was thinking I was already at the age they were, so I must be older now! [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
It was a Royal PITA, because when I got to college at 17, I could not drink yet (it was 18 back then, yes... I am old) :lol:
Same here! I did my student teaching while still only 20 years old. I didn't let the high school seniors know I was that young.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

bodypainter wrote: May 2, 2024 7:34 pm
Caribbean Soul wrote: May 2, 2024 6:16 pm The age thing is sometimes tough for me because my birthday is so much later than all my friends, so when I was in school by the time I had my birthday, I was thinking I was already at the age they were, so I must be older now! [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
Same here! I did my student teaching while still only 20 years old. I didn't let the high school seniors know I was that young.
One of my law school classmates graduated from high school at 16, then finished college in 3 years. First year of law school she was 19. Her father was the orthopedist who treated me when I separated my shoulder when I was in college. She hadn't been born yet. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here