Mansfield Show 8-30-03

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Accrd89lxi
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Mansfield Show 8-30-03

Post by Accrd89lxi »

Anybody heading up to Mass for the 8-30-03 show. Lets get some tailgain pre party plans set up. Its only around the corner guys!!

FINS UP!!
:pirate:
bixxx
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: thats what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 80
Favorite Boat Drink: bushwhacker/pain killer

Post by bixxx »

plan on being in the gate at noon and head far right all the way in the back you will find the rv's and the buses and all the carziness you can handle one word PACE YOURSELF ok two words
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

BN will be there both days in full force, dontcha worry! We're still finalizing plans. When they are set we'll let everyone know the skinny.

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
Everybodys Cousin n Miami
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Cuban Crime of Passion - subject to change without notice
Number of Concerts: 27
Favorite Boat Drink: Belly jello shots

Post by Everybodys Cousin n Miami »

bixxx wrote:plan on being in the gate at noon and head far right all the way in the back you will find the rv's and the buses and all the carziness you can handle one word PACE YOURSELF ok two words
Don't forget the pirate ship that was converted from an old school bus!!!
BuckeyeParrothead
License to Chill

Post by BuckeyeParrothead »

Do you mean this bus??

NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

It has it's on website: www.buffettbus.com

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
finzup2001
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by finzup2001 »

FYI - There is a PGA event, that Tiger Woods will be playing in, in Norton, which is very close to Great Woods, so get there early, as there should be complete madness in the entire area that weekend.
puckhead
Invalid Email Address

Post by puckhead »

I will be going to my first Mansfield show, and we are psyched to see how it compares with other east cost venues (i.e. Camden, Nissan and Pittsburgh)!
puckhead
Invalid Email Address

Post by puckhead »

Hey, does anyone know how far Stoughton, MA is from the venue (what time should we leave our hotel in Stoughton to enjoy the lot and not have to worry about the golf trafic?)
Steele1161
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Who's the Blonde Stranger
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Gin/Tonic
Location: Mansfield, MA - Exactly 4.8 miles from the best parking lot on the tour - GREAT WOODS

Post by Steele1161 »

puckhead wrote:Hey, does anyone know how far Stoughton, MA is from the venue (what time should we leave our hotel in Stoughton to enjoy the lot and not have to worry about the golf trafic?)
Stoughton is not too far from Mansfield. You can cut through Sharon to 95 south (2 exits) to 495 east (to first exit). It will not take you more than 20-30 minutes (not a lot of miles, but just back roads)
****** Just going to the ONE Comcast Center show (Formely Tweeter/Great Woods) in June 2011 this year********
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

noon might be a little late for the first lot. I got there at 12:30 on Saturday last year and missed that first lot. But bixxx is correct about being in the FAR RIGHT lane as you enter.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
bixxx
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: thats what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 80
Favorite Boat Drink: bushwhacker/pain killer

Post by bixxx »

good point sgh as you come off the highway be in the right lane pass the pay parking lot, which i saw at neil young had gone to 30 bucks, and as you turn into gw be in that right hand lane if you have an rv or bus the teenage staff will direct you to thast back lot, way right way back if you are in a vehicle you can swerve past these human pylons, not too fast, and feign ignorance be persistant also you CANNOT bring in pull campers and will be directed to that pay lot in front the advantage to the pay lot is that you will be out in minutes after the show also if you can score VIP tickets you get front row first out status also saw at the neil show inside there was a pay lot that gw said would empty quickly 20 or 30 bucks the security staff at gw for neil was its usually friendly self the only problem we saw was a 20 something selling nitrious oxide hits from his car, they took the tank and his tickets other than that , the plastic solo cups were acceptable
tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by tryin' to reason »

Very strange lack of enthusiasm from the Great Woods folks!!!!!!!!
Not that there's anything WRONG with those other venues, but from what I've seen, GW phans are usually wildly enthusiastic for the "Labor Day Weekend Show(s)"!!
Where IS everybody???????????????????

:D :) :P :wink: :pirate:
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!
centralmaPH
I have found me a home

Post by centralmaPH »

ya know... I was thinking the same thing too... I guess we're all really busy... or perhaps nobody wants to think about the end of the summer just yet... I'm not sure. In any case, I'm ready to go...
I made enough money to buy Miami... but I p*** it away so fast...
McGee
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 19
Favorite Boat Drink: Mt. Gay Extra Old on the rocks

Post by McGee »

Things are starting to get organized for my group. We've decided to keep it simple (no RV or U-haul), just build a bar like last year and give out beads (I just ordered them---40lbs worth!! It cost more to ship them than to buy them!) and hand grenade shots.

We had an abundance of tickets this year (first time ever) so we were able to return some old favors and extend invitations to some buffett virgins.

There is talk of actually starting the party the night before at someones house and just going straight through to Saturday but I doubt that will happen. We'll probably just start early saturday with breakfast and bloody mary's before adjourning to the parking lot by 11.
Indecision may or may not be my problem....
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

That's more like it!!

I've got leis and coasters to pass out, but I'm thinking of ordering 1000 temporary parrot tattoos!! I think they'd go over really well!!

Summer or not, I'm psyched!! I was able to get a room in Mansfield, despite the golf tournament. Not that I'm going to drink a lot, but you can't be too careful of those other folks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope we can get a few more to chime in on the event of the year!

:P :pirate:
McGee
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 19
Favorite Boat Drink: Mt. Gay Extra Old on the rocks

Post by McGee »

tryin...

Here's a snipet of a real life conversation I witnessed last year by some guys doing the tattoo bit.

Tattoo guy#1: Where would you like me to put this
My Girlfriend: On my thigh
Tattoo guy#2: I'll do this one
Tattoo guy#1: No way!! You only want to do the pretty girls. You're no where to be found when some 300lb guy wants me to slap one on his ass. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Just something to think about. It can be a great job until that 300lb guy shows up!!
Indecision may or may not be my problem....
maddhatter_41
I have found me a home

Post by maddhatter_41 »

Defnatly considering the trip from Jersey - as long as I can find me an extra :) Hope to be able to join eveyone - gonna be a great way to kick off Labor Day Weekend!!
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

McGee wrote:tryin...

Here's a snipet of a real life conversation I witnessed last year by some guys doing the tattoo bit.

Tattoo guy#1: Where would you like me to put this
My Girlfriend: On my thigh
Tattoo guy#2: I'll do this one
Tattoo guy#1: No way!! You only want to do the pretty girls. You're no where to be found when some 300lb guy wants me to slap one on his ass. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Just something to think about. It can be a great job until that 300lb guy shows up!!
Whoaa!

I had no intention of putting them on people! :o :o (Although it sounds like it might be appropriate to make an occasional exception!!) 8) :wink:
Like most, I'm a two-fisted drinker!!

:pirate:
puckhead
Invalid Email Address

Post by puckhead »

tryin' to reason wrote:Very strange lack of enthusiasm from the Great Woods folks!!!!!!!!
Not that there's anything WRONG with those other venues, but from what I've seen, GW phans are usually wildly enthusiastic for the "Labor Day Weekend Show(s)"!!
Where IS everybody???????????????????

:D :) :P :wink: :pirate:
I'm scared to get excited, becuase this show means that the summer is over :( . Now don't get me wrong, when the time comes, our group will go all out (we even started to plan a little) but, I don't want to wish my summer away... so I'll wait to mid-August to get really excited.