GREAT WOODS!!!!

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

McGee
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 19
Favorite Boat Drink: Mt. Gay Extra Old on the rocks

Post by McGee »

[quote="BottleofRum"]You can buy a small Coleman Camping toilet for $70-$80 at Target. Then make some sort of make shift stall around it. A few years back the people next to us had one of these, they let us use it and it worked great, of course if you have to do more than…..well…. pee then you may have a problem…….. They did however leave it behind when the show was over I don’t think anyone wanted it in their vehicle smelling as bad as it did.[quote="BottleofRum"]

The ladies in our group came up with a cheap alternative to an actual camping toilet. They put a toilet seat ($10 or so) on a 5 gallon pail which is lined with a large plastic trash bag. They set it up between two open side doors on a car/truck and hang a blanket between the doors. VOILA!! At the end of the night, the bag comes out and the bucket and toilet seat are stored until next year. Truth be told, the guys like it too. We can pee and still see over the car doors and not miss any of the action!!
Indecision may or may not be my problem....
nycparrothead
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by nycparrothead »

McGee wrote:McGee
I have found me a home

Hmmmm..... AFTER PARTY AT MCGEE'S HOUSE!!!!

Do you have a pool??? :D :D :D
McGee

Post by McGee »

I finally updated my profile. I moved last month and am now only 15 minutes away from GW!!

Sorry, no pool but a nice deck and a perfect yard for Volleyball.
Plans call for a Jacuzzi in one corner of the deck, but that's not in the budget until next year.

My house is the launching zone for this years concert and Breakfast starts at 9am (or so I'm told) A post concert party will probably happen naturally as the caravan arrives back!
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

IMPORTANT QUESTION!

Okay, so I'm a little slow on this, but I just remembered that "Premier Parking" thing on TM. Is this the only way to get to the lot where the REAL fun is? (ie - BuffettBus, etc...) I imagine I could just walk over there if I parked somewhere else, but it would be nice have the truck in the middle of everything. Do those of you that get there as soon as the lot opens and party all day pay the $30 from TM or no? Info will be muchly appreciated! Thanks and have a nice day!
McGee

Post by McGee »

nycparrothead wrote:IMPORTANT QUESTION!

Okay, so I'm a little slow on this, but I just remembered that "Premier Parking" thing on TM. Is this the only way to get to the lot where the REAL fun is? (ie - BuffettBus, etc...) I imagine I could just walk over there if I parked somewhere else, but it would be nice have the truck in the middle of everything. Do those of you that get there as soon as the lot opens and party all day pay the $30 from TM or no? Info will be muchly appreciated! Thanks and have a nice day!
Admission to the parking lot is included in the ticket price so no extra money is needed. Spend it on beer instead :)
tryin' to reason
Hoot!
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by tryin' to reason »

nycparrothead wrote:
tryin' to reason wrote:Is the Great Woods show still on???????

8) 8) :pirate: :pirate:
There's a Great Woods show this summer??? Oh my goodness gracious!! Where did you hear this nasty rumor and how long before this rumored show is going to take place??????
The RUMOR is 17 more days, but it probably just one of those frequent BN stories about Jimmy's supposedly coming to my favorite bar, oh-my-God, I can't wait!!! 8) :lol: :wink: :pirate:
We'll party just like Bubba does,
We'll do the Old Man proud!
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

McGee wrote:

Admission to the parking lot is included in the ticket price so no extra money is needed. Spend it on beer instead :)
So what is all this "Premier Parking" BS on ticketmaster all about?
tryin' to reason wrote:The RUMOR is 17 more days, but it probably just one of those frequent BN stories about Jimmy's supposedly coming to my favorite bar, oh-my-God, I can't wait!!!
Yup.. That's what I figured! OMG!! GET THIS!!! I was just sitting in my living room over the weekend, and guess who came in and started playing?!?!?!?! That's right! The man himself!!! It was great!!!
Last edited by nycparrothead on August 11, 2003 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john2266
I have found me a home

Post by john2266 »

Long time no talk Fellow Parrotheads! Just wanted to let you know... if any of you care... I finally got tickets to Great Woods! I put in for vacation time and now I am all set! Can't wait to see all of you fools there for the annual bash! Time to make Mardi Gras look like Junior High! I hope to see the old NYC and Vegas crew in town. Drop me a message to continue the planning!!!
Woooo-Hoooo!

Post by McGee »

nycparrothead wrote:
McGee wrote:

I honestly don't know. I know my ticket has a parking fee included with it and in all my years at GW, I've never had to pay a parking fee. Just drive in and start partying. If there IS premier parking, I don't want anything to do with it anywayr. I want to be with the real phans :)
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

McGee wrote:
nycparrothead wrote:
McGee wrote:

I honestly don't know. I know my ticket has a parking fee included with it and in all my years at GW, I've never had to pay a parking fee. Just drive in and start partying. If there IS premier parking, I don't want anything to do with it anywayr. I want to be with the real phans :)
You need Italian tassle loafers, expensive metallic sunglasses and a logo shirt to get into Premium parking, wherever it is, so we're all SOL!!!!

:lol: 8) :wink: :lol: :pirate:
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

tryin' to reason wrote: You need Italian tassle loafers, expensive metallic sunglasses and a logo shirt to get into Premium parking, wherever it is, so we're all SOL!!!!

Okee dokee, thanks! I got there late last year and was 1/2 mile or so from the gate so I wasn't sure. I guess I can leave my Armani Suit and my briefcase at home then! :lol: :lol:
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

nycparrothead wrote:
tryin' to reason wrote: You need Italian tassle loafers, expensive metallic sunglasses and a logo shirt to get into Premium parking, wherever it is, so we're all SOL!!!!

Okee dokee, thanks! I got there late last year and was 1/2 mile or so from the gate so I wasn't sure. I guess I can leave my Armani Suit and my briefcase at home then! :lol: :lol:
Correct!!!
Your "New York City Work Uniform" stays at home!!!!

:D :D :pirate: :pirate:
centralmaPH
I have found me a home

Post by centralmaPH »

Ok... from what I understand, there really is Premium Parking this year. I got an email from them regarding this service. I think it's about $30 per car. From talking to others who know about this service, it seems they put you in or near the limo lot, so you can manage a quick getaway at the end of the night...

I wouldn't go for this service since hanging out in the lot AFTER the show is a whole mess o' fun!!!
I made enough money to buy Miami... but I p*** it away so fast...
NYCPORT
Minister of Entertainment
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy In The Jungle
Number of Concerts: 106
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please...

Post by NYCPORT »

centralmaPH wrote:Ok... from what I understand, there really is Premium Parking this year. I got an email from them regarding this service. I think it's about $30 per car. From talking to others who know about this service, it seems they put you in or near the limo lot, so you can manage a quick getaway at the end of the night...

I wouldn't go for this service since hanging out in the lot AFTER the show is a whole mess o' fun!!!
...And you won't have anybody fun to hang out with near you before the show!!!

I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays
Lookin' for better days, lookin' for better days
Lookin' for Floridays

27 - 8
SDPirate40
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 131
Favorite Boat Drink: Captn & Diet

Post by SDPirate40 »

I am coming 2500 miles to see the show....and mostly the GW crazy parking lot. Next to the Irvine show, Great Woods is THE BEST tailgate.

You will be well served to avoid premier parking, most folks here are not phans, hang with us crazy common pholk...it will be well worth the lot issues after the show.

Just a thought....
Boats, (Tour) Buses, Bentleys, Bars & Babe (wife)

22 years of Buffett with 131 shows and counting!
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Each year there are a few Limo's in the GW lot for Buffett and everytime we walk by we just laugh, the people there never look like they are having fun and the poor drivers are all dressed up in a black suits looking very unhappy....and hot......... :roll: :roll:
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
bixxx
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: thats what living is to me
Number of Concerts: 80
Favorite Boat Drink: bushwhacker/pain killer

Post by bixxx »

we went to the neil young show earlier this summer the premier parking is on your left as you drive in the main lot we had vip tix last year and that let's you park there as well the advantage is it empties first at the end directly in front of the we of course gave that pass away, had to be with the rv's.

FYI we have brought an RV to the last five years shows and have never been stopped to show tix so if you are with an rv, and plan on geting tix you will probably be waived right it.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

bixxx wrote:we went to the neil young show earlier this summer the premier parking is on your left as you drive in the main lot we had vip tix last year and that let's you park there as well the advantage is it empties first at the end directly in front of the we of course gave that pass away, had to be with the rv's.

FYI we have brought an RV to the last five years shows and have never been stopped to show tix so if you are with an rv, and plan on geting tix you will probably be waived right it.
True on both points, I now remember them building a new lot on the left as you pull in so they are using it for teh VIP's. And if you are in an RV you will get waved right in without showing tickets.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tryin' to reason
Hoot!

Now instaed of putting phins on their cars, people will be disguising them as RV's!!!!

:lol: :lol: :pirate: :pirate:
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

This page really shouldn't fall so far down the second page. Not with 16 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!