2021 Ravens/Notorious DIG/Mustangs

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

2021 Ravens/Notorious DIG/Mustangs

Post by johnson2113 »

Well, my brain was fried last year. I only get on Facebook to post the pictures and it was just a mess last year I completely neglected posting the great moments on here, the only place I care about sharing my pics.

Ryanne had softball cancelled before it even began, so most of her year was spent eating snow cones, Kona Ice, Icees and bubblegum. Bub did not get to play real actual football, but the coach's decided to play some flag football just to make sure they did not lose a complete season.

So many rules that prevented Bub from doing Bub things.

He still did Bub things.

I have to convince him to play some more offense, he's every bit as good there, as he is on defense.

Before I jump into 2021, quick recap of 2020, I don't like to look back, on such a worthless period in human history, but it will make everything I have seen, I have believed, I have known to be true.

The goal for the Ravens had always been to to improve and eventually be bumped up divisions. Every other team and especially the club teams was to just declare themselves higher and higher levels. So, the Ravens were AA and they earned themselves to a AAA status through hard work. Most teams want to be AAA, so they declare themselves AAA, get their butts handed to them and get moved back down.

One of Bub's buddies, since the Shark days, quit the team in the middle of the season for "greener pastures". Well, that's been the worst example of, the grass isn't always greener. The team he went to his a complete disaster and they are struggling to fill the roster. The end of the fall season is the beginning of the summer season and they do not have a full roster.

But that is not the important part. My sister and BIL are, of course, still friends with Bub's friend's parents. Bub's friend's dad has said, at the "higher" level they are playing, he still has not seen a catcher anywhere near as good as Bub. Their new team coach is aware of Bub, he's doing everything within his power to convince Bub's friend's Dad to convince Bub to join the team.

It is practically a bidding war for a 13 year old. :lol: :lol: (Can you believe he is 13?)

Now, Bub has told me, he doesn't want to play major league baseball. And the numbers are astronomical. But everything I have seen, everything I have heard, he has the talent, the skill, the natural God given instincts, to get a world class education to play where ever he wants, anywhere. And maybe be drafted by a pro team. Someone has to win the lottery, right?
johnson2113
Hoot!

Re: 2021 Ravens/Notorious DIG/Mustangs

Post by johnson2113 »

And so here we sit, as much as I love Jimmy's music, I have been on a big AC/DC kick. And it is not a '74 Jailbreak, it is a '20 Jailbreak. Breakout from that God awful year and get into some great stuff, good doesn't exist anymore. It is greatness or nothing. And I have the two greatest to follow.

Ravens season is just getting started, practice is kicking off, and we have a couple of weeks until the first tournament of the season.

Notorious D.I.G. will be doing some camps and having a tryout this year. I will spend all day with a bacteria trap on my face to shoot the team, I want to see anyone associated with Ryanne doing great things, getting better.

And the best part, Ryanne, is playing softball THIS year! I shagged balls for her yesterday. She is a hitter! Her dad was pitching and I was running every direction to field balls! She hit a linedrive that injured her old man, it was awesome. She already has an eye for the ball, great arm, have to work on catching the ball a little, but I can't wait!

Anyways, pictures are the most important thing, and this one is the best I have right now to demonstrate what an athlete she is.

Now, I am just waiting on my softball logos and Mustangs gear to start making some pictures.

In the words of the Millennials, "Let's Go!"
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

They have both grown so much!
Thanks for sharing them with us.

What position is she playing?

Best of luck to Bub & Ryanne!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Nice update, Jerred! :D
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

What a show. What a **** show. :pirate:
Ryanne's first softball game was scheduled during one of Bub's league games, and both were postponed. :evil:

We kicked the season off with gusty winds and cold temps, and then the second week of the season was rained out. Bub and Ryanne's games are only about 10 minutes from each other so I could shoot one and go to the other.

Ryanne is nervous about playing so we practiced over Easter weekend. Her dad was pitching and she missed every pitch. If he threw it high, she swung low, if he threw low, she swung high. I told her grandmother, no one is that bad without being equally good. She purposely missed every pitch. Until my dying days, I don't have to try and prove it that she missed all those pitches, I know she did. The next day she hit every pitch thrown to her. She was tired and in a mood.

Bub's season opener. He went off. After four games he lead the team in Batting Avg, Sluggin %, OBP, and OPS, and his ERA was 0.00 for all qualified pitchers. After the first day he wanted to be moved up in the lineup, he was batting 7th. The first league he was batting 8th. He was not happy to say the least, I was not happy. He said something that crushed me, the coach asked if he wanted to keep catching and he replied, "I don't care." They have to be careful and not cater to everyone else on the team. He knows how he did compared to everyone else, don't leave him down there.

I was hoping last night's league game would see him moved up. It's not going to be good if he isn't moved up tonight in their tournament. I try my best to get him to move on from that, but I don't blame him for being disappointed.

The good stuff.

The ump called him safe.

Full size, make the call for yourself.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/510 ... b12_5k.jpg

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

johnson2113 wrote: April 9, 2021 1:41 pm The next day she hit every pitch thrown to her.
Looking forward to those pics, too. :P

And yeah, they have gone from toddlers to teens in 60 seconds. :o

You are such a good uncle, Jerred. They will have memories forever with all the photos.

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: April 9, 2021 6:30 pm
johnson2113 wrote: April 9, 2021 1:41 pm The next day she hit every pitch thrown to her.

You are such a good uncle, Jerred. They will have memories forever with all the photos.
Agreed Lime!!

Good job uncle Jerred!
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

tailgaitingph wrote: April 9, 2021 9:25 pm

Agreed Lime!!

Good job uncle Jerred!
Thanks!

I know. I don't even recognize him or the team. My brother in law's birthday was during a practice. We took snacks over. There were a few players that it took me a while to realize who they were. And I have been watching them since their first season.

Tournament is rained out today, tomorrow should be nice. Ryanne should have a game next week, fingers crossed.

I got Ryanne a card for her birthday, to my favorite nephew. She wasn't impressed.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

:lol:

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I don't know how 2021 can be crazier than 2020, but it is. The old man got his left knee replaced, so I am trying to run through pictures, watch the dog, come back for a softball/baseball double-header, plus tournaments, and volleyball will be starting back up here soon! :lol: :pirate:

I haven't even done a baseball card yet, not to mention, guys are run into the ground with track and field, we are down three guys to track injuries. Bub caught, I don't even know, three games in two day. We have been down four pitchers, three outfielders. Let me tell you, these guys are not going to be Olympic track and field stars, but they could get some good baseball scholarships. :pirate:

I am going to stop worrying about Bub. He is only behind in two stats right now, triples, he's second, and hit by pitch, he's second and should be tied for first.

The last tournament he played, he was the fifth overall batter, for the tournament. He lead the tournament with a batting average of .714 and an was second with an OBP of, 1.987.

Routine.

A team from Nebraska, that did not know, don't run on Bub.

If you hit him with a pitch, he'll get you back, harder.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Ryanne got a hit in first game, I think a couple of girls still don't have a hit. Last night she go a great hit and was aggressive and got two bases out of it, still uploading pictures. She has done nothing but improved every game. The coaches were very impressed with her last night.

She made a great scoop here.

Did she catch it? Did she hang onto it? It's up to you to decide. :lol: :wink:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

This one might be an essay. I have seen some fantastic plays, some stuff that has absoulutely cracked me up, some stuff that has gotten my blood pumping.

One time, a Raven, unnamed, struck out. The old first base coach was barely paying enough attention that he screamed, "God damnit, get here!" I was one of the few people that heard it and lost my cool. Tears are streaming down my face while I'm shooting pictures.

Another time, Keegan probably the second best player on the team, with zero confidence in himself, he got in the zone and would just steal bases whenever 'he felt like it'. He stole because was so smart, he knew there was no one covering and he could take the base whenever he wanted. He did that with third base once. His dad, the head coach and third base coach, screamed "What the hell are you thinking?"

That leads to last weekend. Our first base coach, was trapped in the dugout and running Game Changer, he should have been on first the moment his son came on the team. He was miserable and p*** everyone off, team, players, coaches, parents, photographers. When our first bae coach left the team, he got the promotion and he has been fantastic. Great with the players, but still p*** off the parents. My opinion is 'forget' the parents. He has been right.

So, my assessment as the photographer, his son has a bunch of potential, and he has been phenomenal in right field. Perfect right fielder. He has improved so much this season, he is throwing frozen ropes to the plate. He threw one last weekend that got to the catcher, it got the runner in rundown with Bub at third. Bub, ran the kid the kid down and tagged him, hard.

The first base coach was going berserk in dugout, "That's how you do it!" It was crazy, I was going wild and laughing. Bub tagged that kid into the turf and rolled his butt!

Everyone asked, "Bub did you tag him that hard on purpose?"
Bub replied, "Yeah I did, I shoved him down!"
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I thought maybe a good night sleep might level me out, unfortunately I did not get a good night sleep.

I have been watching this baseball team since it's first year. Four of these guys since the beginning, two more since they became the Ravens, four years ago, and the rest of the team on various teams we competed against over the years. I know these are good athletes, I know they are competitors. This team is comprised of size, speed, skill, and talent. And they are playing like... they are playing beyond horribly. Except one guy.

I know I am biased, but I also know everyone feels the same way I do. There is one guy I would run through a brick wall for, do absolutely atrocious things for, and I know this team feels the same way. They are buddies more than they are teammates. It doesn't just end at myself, his parents, his grandparents, his teammates, or coaches. What I saw last night was every parent and grandparent that supports this team.

I am as hardnosed as they come, more so than everyone else. I would give my right arm for this team, I would cut a blank check to them without blinking an eye. The rules have changed though, can't play like we did when I was a kid. You MUST slide now, and if you don't and wipe out a player you are ejected from the game, let alone being out on the play.

He pitched the first game, the head coach is very particular about not burning out pitchers, but he put Bub in to catch after he pitched. He caught the second game, got knocked out on that play, and went back in the next inning and kept on battling. And no one on this team battled for him last night. Disappointed is beyond and understatement right now.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

First off, I missed the first game of Notorious DIG's summer volleyball season. They finally put the top players on one team and the players that need to work harder on another team. The top team went 3-0! They had a bump, set, spike play I don't know how they spiked, but they did and I missed it.

We had all of Saturday off for baseball, bracket on Sunday, bottom seed. Everyone was as disappointed as I was. The biggest discussion between coaches was how Bub has to take leadership of the team. I've known this for a while, but he needs to be coached on how to do it. Now, after I go through everything, I don't know how he has to do anything more for this team to get behind him. We have been struggling.

Sunday's first game, our lead-off gets on, steals 2nd, steals 3rd, steal home, to take the lead. Our second batter turns on a pitch and destroys it, foul. One half second longer and it's homerun. He grounds out to second. Our 3rd batter, #22 in your scorebook, #1 in your heart, Bubalishes (that's his spelling of Bubblicious). He watches the first pitch, BALL 1. Swings at the next, strike, 1-1. Watches the third pitch, strike looking, 1-2. Next two pitches, balls. Full count. (Come on, Bub. Why do you do this to team. Just walk, one of the team leaders in walks, one of the team leaders in hit-by-pitch, you have to go to a full count.)

What does he do?

He leads this team. I don't even have to type anything, I can just post the pictures.

I can remember this lean from when I was a kid, just on the other side of the plate. (George Brett)

Running too hard to be there yet.

Almost there.

Oh yeah, he knows.

Let's go. LET'S GO!

Looked like it was going to storm all weekend, I love the dark sky in the background.

I love this.

Now, in the past the coaches have had to tell the team to get out there and celebrate our teammates homeruns. They were out of the dugout immediately. They came out fired up on Sunday, this pushed them over the edge.

Ridiculously good looking homerun hitter.

I love this team, I love shooting this team, I love getting to grab these moments, homeruns, great plays, a generic pitch, it doesn't not matter. It's the greatest thrill that I get to shoot these guys. I was miserable, I am still miserable, but when I get a moment like this... I don't even know what to say, could be Bub, always want it to be Bub, but any one of them, I love it.
Last edited by johnson2113 on June 7, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The homerun was fantastic. It was a gamechanger. His second at bat he stretched a grounder to center into a double and fired up the coaches. They were telling the team that is how you do it, follow his lead. Come out of the box running and running hard. The pitcher was flustered and kept trying to pick him off and pick him off they did. They didn't throw him out they hit him in the mouth with the throw. He was laying there slapping second base. The coaches sprint out to him and he is spitting blood all over the field.

With the rules we play we can sit players and they can go back in, and that is exactly what he did. He took an inning off and was back behind the plate.

The next game, catching again. It was hot, he probably did not need to go warm up, but he did. He took a bad hop from the coach's grounder, right in the ear, on the same side they he got hit in the mouth. He went out and caught the whole game, ear ringing. They were not going to send him out, he wanted to go out, fight, compete.

I would follow that young man through the gates of hell.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Got a softball story for tomorrow, I have to get pictures up first. It is a GREAT one, too.

Last weekend I shot the volleyball team, no practice just jumping into the summer season. Too many girls for one one team, it has been that way since the first season. The coaches divided them up by a pick out of a hat, that did not work. This season they decided to just do what had to be done, the best players on one team, the players that need to work and improve on another. They are still under the umbrella of one team. So, the record doesn't reflect accuracy.

One team is 1-5, the other is 6-0. It's night and day differences. It was amazing, this team is going to be a tournament team in the fall.

10-0 on serves, actually 11-0

Bump.

Set.

Spike.

She just set this one over for a point.

She scored the last point of the game, my sister posted video on Instagram, Ryanne replied, I am amazing :wench:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The softball coaches have been amazed by Ryanne, first year and she has impressed time after time. This week, the team was taking on a team that has a player that has been tormenting Ryanne. These two girls have been friends since kindergarten. She decided to become a real brat. Ryanne has been hyping herself up for this game, and when she saw the girl, she unraveled. She had to play, the team needed her to play. She went out there and played.

One girl said she would hit her with a pitch, another said she would just punch her. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

This softball team is what I think the baseball team should, hard nosed, bruisers. :pirate: :lol:

Her first at bat, she destroyed the ball for a double, and blew past her nemesis.

Later in the game, I have seen a lot of pop-ups, flyballs, all dropped. Ryanne flew in from left-field and got a line drive for an out.

The softball team is made up of two rival, damn good, volleyball teams that will fight for each other in the dirt. It is amazing!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Good for Ryanne, she is awesome!

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: June 17, 2021 2:34 pm Good for Ryanne, she is awesome!
If my pictures are not proof, just ask her.

My sister shot some video and uploaded it to Instagram.

Ryanne immediately replied, "I am amazing :wench:

That did not sit well with her parents, but Uncle Jerred was the first to like the reply. I would hate to think the kind of person I would be without these two in my life. They motivate and inspire me everyday. I do not care how bad the team plays as a whole (ok, I do), but I know there are two players that are going to give every once of themselves every time they step onto to the field, no matter how much they hurt, don't want to, are struggling.

That's all I ask.

My Instagram account is 99% just pictures of my runs. Every run has the SAME quote from Steve Prefontaine - "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift" That's all I ask for myself, for the kids, for their teammates, GIVE YOUR BEST!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Ryanne is a badazz. So is Bub.

And they are both lucky to have such a supportive uncle, badazz in his own right. :wench: