Frisco TX in 2022?

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Petanokona
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 6

Frisco TX in 2022?

Post by Petanokona »

Anyone know if Jimmy plans on coming back to Frisco TX in 2022? It’s been too long!
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Re: Frisco TX in 2022?

Post by Lostarlake »

No idea if he will but it's hard to believe it's been 5 years since he last played there. IF he decides to return there, the most likely dates (based off both JB's current tour schedule & FC Dallas' schedule) would be 5/14, 5/28, 6/4, & 6/11. Planosmith1 and PARROTHEAD69 always had good intel on the Frisco announcement, but I'm not sure if they are still active BN posters. Would be great if JB returns this year with the epic 3-day tailgate!
Planosmith1
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Death Of An Unpopular Poet
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by Planosmith1 »

I'm still around...LOL. I'm starting to put my feelers out but I don't hold much hope that he comes back to Frisco. Last time he was coming to our area he was playing in Dallas; not nearly the same tailgating. But...one can always hold out hope! I'll see if I can find out anything.
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

Not trying to be a douche here but what is the 3 day tailgate like?

I'm a true Parrothead and would love to experience that. I'd have no problem traveling 2000 miles to live in a parking lot for 3 days if I'm surrounded by PARROTHEADS

I hit Jones Beach every year and have been to Mansfield many times and Cincinnati too

JB is my 'home' show and it's one of the best tailgates anywhere but sometimes you get stuck with the 'party until you puke' teenagers.

Just wondering what Frisco is really like
Lostarlake

Post by Lostarlake »

Finzup16 wrote: January 4, 2022 4:48 pm Not trying to be a douche here but what is the 3 day tailgate like?

I'm a true Parrothead and would love to experience that. I'd have no problem traveling 2000 miles to live in a parking lot for 3 days if I'm surrounded by PARROTHEADS

I hit Jones Beach every year and have been to Mansfield many times and Cincinnati too

JB is my 'home' show and it's one of the best tailgates anywhere but sometimes you get stuck with the 'party until you puke' teenagers.

It's great! You have a mix of both true PHs and the "just here for the party crowd", but the lots are so large and spread out that you can gravitate towards whichever phlock you prefer . Big RV culture in the lots and many go all out (live bands both days in the lots, free crawfish boils, large BBQ smokers, etc). Shame he hasn't played there in so long...
Lostarlake

Post by Lostarlake »

Planosmith1 wrote: January 4, 2022 4:39 pm I'm still around...LOL. I'm starting to put my feelers out but I don't hold much hope that he comes back to Frisco. Last time he was coming to our area he was playing in Dallas; not nearly the same tailgating. But...one can always hold out hope! I'll see if I can find out anything.

Good to hear from you! Any word from the locals why he's skipped Frisco the past few years after it being an almost annual stop? Hope your contacts bring some good news for 2022!
Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

Finzup16 wrote: January 4, 2022 4:48 pm Not trying to be a douche here but what is the 3 day tailgate like?

Wow, sounds awesome. Going to keep it part of my plan. First let's see if he books it..... Then I'll work on..... 'Honey, how do you feel about a few days in Frisco Texas?".... Lol lol
jackal33
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks At 40
Number of Concerts: 35

Post by jackal33 »

I heard it was because they only want to deal with Ticket Master and their affiliates. Toyota stadium uses Vivid or some other crappy ticket source.
Co-founder T&A Tiki Bar

[imgsize=]http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/jacka ... y.jpg.html[/imgsize]
Lostarlake

Post by Lostarlake »

With Austin being 6/11, if Frisco is even still a possibility it’s likely down to 5/14 (unlikely), 5/28, or 6/4…6/4 seems most likely as even if the show in Midland, TX happens on 5/5 I’m not sure that late-April early-May leg would extend until mid-May. He has played there a few times Memorial Day weekend though so that could still be a potential option to kick off the “summer” tour. Unfortunately recent history says he may skip Frisco again, but only time will tell!
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

I will go ahead and guess that he plays Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas on 6/4
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
scooby
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: come monday
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: grapefruit vodka and tonic

Post by scooby »

Anyone heard anything yet??????
Petanokona
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by Petanokona »

It is just so dang disappointing that he isn’t coming back to Frisco since we always have such an awesome turnout for the tailgating. What is the deal??? Idk how any place can be better than his Parrothead turnout in Frisco!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Petanokona wrote: June 1, 2022 8:46 pm It is just so dang disappointing that he isn’t coming back to Frisco since we always have such an awesome turnout for the tailgating. What is the deal??? Idk how any place can be better than his Parrothead turnout in Frisco!
There are two venues in that area that Jimmy likes to play, Toyota Stadium and Dos Equis Pavilion in that area. Dos Equis Stadium did not have an open date that worked with Jimmy's schedule and Toyota Stadium is not booking many concerts this year
AUTigerinTX
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by AUTigerinTX »

Any chance Jimmy will play Frisco in 2023?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

AUTigerinTX wrote: February 19, 2023 9:26 pm Any chance Jimmy will play Frisco in 2023?
Only one Spring/Summer date has been announced and that is Atlanta on 4/22
AUTigerinTX
Favorite Buffett Song: Fruitcakes
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by AUTigerinTX »

Jimmy should look at Choctaw Stadium (formerly Globe Life Field) in Arlington. This would be a great alternative if Frisco is unavailable. Plenty of parking for tailgating, good accommodations in the area, and easy to get to. Just a thought.