WTH Wednesday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: WTH Wednesday @ the MSC

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Sounds like beers on Salt X 3............Congrats!!!

Watching out for our brothers and sister on the Treasure Coast of Florida this evening......having lived thru this, it is not fun to say the least.....
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Fingers crossed this will ALL work out for you, Linda!! :D
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Saltx3 wrote: September 28, 2022 5:58 pm We can barely stand to watch the Weather Channel right now -- there are so many of our friends in Florida (both BNers and others) and we are sad and concerned for all of them. We are truly blessed in Lancaster County, PA that we do not experience anything even close to what is happening.

I was offered both jobs at the end of my 90 min interview this morning. The 30 hr "part time" job (I cannot go over that 30 hrs or I will forfeit my County health insurance which wouldn't be good for me or any new employer) pays $7/hr more than the 20 hr position. That increase would have me coming in close to my current hourly rate. I would just lose 7 hours of my current income but with my pension coming through a few months from now it would more than cover that difference.

All 3 folks at the interview were amazing. We laughed and interacted in a way I felt I already belonged there -- no awkward moments at all. I was given a tour of the building, met the new police chief (the first female for this township) and found out my potential direct supervisor attended one of the same DUI "trainings" as me but the day before ! Since the building is only 4 years old everything is still new and it seems the HVAC actually works. No more 60-80 degree office days. "My" office has a window and a door!

That being said, my meeting tomorrow with the judge will not be pleasant for either of us but he knows that I'm feeling like it's time to step away. My hope is to have my retirement date/last day of work be October 14. I was hoping to take some vacation days now and work with the Twp those days to get settled in but when calculating my leave payout it's best for me to just keep working right up until that date.

I spelled all this out during my interview but now that working both places isn't an option I hope the township won't mind they won't mind waiting.
SWEET!!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
TexAgGirl91
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by TexAgGirl91 »

Howdy one and all...

Everyone behaving?
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: September 29, 2022 11:26 am Fingers crossed this will ALL work out for you, Linda!! :D
-------------------
Re: Grab some coffee THURSDAY @ the MSC
Edit Delete Report Information Quote
Post by Saltx3 » September 29, 2022 7:25 pm

IT's OFFICIAL -- my retirement day is 10/14/22.

Start date for 30hr/wk new job it 10/17/22. They already gave me a $1/hr raise in my hire letter than they told me yesterday :). I can work whatever hours I want to equal the 30hr mark.

The judge did not handle the receipt of my resignation letter very well. Owed the swear kitty a few quarters. But, this is not about him (something judges sometimes fail to realize :) )
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

CONGRATULATIONS, LINDA!!!! :D :D :D