Who has taken the Jimmy Buffett tour in Key West? What did you think?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

anchorsawayme
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 15

Who has taken the Jimmy Buffett tour in Key West? What did you think?

Post by anchorsawayme »

Who has taken this tour? It is offered by https://www.hemingwayinkeywesttours.com/

I took it a little while ago and I would give it about a 6 on a scale of 10. I'm interested in all of your thoughts.

Secondly, I'm aware of Buffett's house on Sunrise drive and that he lived on Waddell ave. Does anyone know of anyplace else he lived? The tour guide identified the house on the corner of Caroline and Ann street as "where he lived in the 70's". I would imagine he would have had to do a lot of couch surfing in the earliest days. Can anyone confirm that was his home? Can anyone identify any other addresses Jimmy lived at?

What would YOU like to see on a walking tour that is Jimmy Buffett related?

Thanks all! Fins UP!
andygradel75
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Re: Who has taken the Jimmy Buffett tour in Key West? What did you think?

Post by andygradel75 »

Would also be curious to hear from anyone that's done the Buffett tour. Could be interesting, especially with them listing "his recording studio" among the locations.

But, if that just means we're walking by the windowless Shrimpboat Sound, without a peek inside, not sure if it's worth it...
Andy Gradel
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
anchorsawayme
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cowboy in the Jungle
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by anchorsawayme »

That's exactly what happened. We only walked by the studio which was a windowless former shrimp refrigerator. Still kind of cool to see but you weren't getting in....
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

$78 seems expensive, then again everything in KW is expensive. This looks like it would be good for a casual Buffett fan or someone who just knows about him and wants to learn more. For the hardcore fans many would already know most of the stories and anecdotes and probably would know more than the guide in some cases.

You can just get a copy of Tom Corcoran's book "Jimmy Buffett - The Key West Years" which has everything about JB's time in KW from places he lived, places he played, people he hung with etc...and do your own tour. And Shrimp Boat Studios is there for anyone to walk by and see. It's not like its hidden.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”