drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: 2023 tour dates

Post by drunkpirate66 »

This thread keeps getting weirder
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I read this thread for comic relief. [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote: May 2, 2023 3:30 pm I read this thread for comic relief. [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
This thread is like a pink umbrella or glasses with a loose screw in Newport. Those things are eternal. This thread is absurd.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 2, 2023 8:10 pm
LIPH wrote: May 2, 2023 3:30 pm I read this thread for comic relief. [smilie=sillyjester.gif]
This thread is like a pink umbrella or glasses with a loose screw in Newport. Those things are eternal. This thread is absurd.
We all need a little absurd in our life. Key word “little”.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

Raise your hand if you get a little excited every time this thread is posted in, thinking its a show announcement.
toodrunk
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by toodrunk »

Hand raised. I check it at least three times a day. I think I have a sickness.
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

toodrunk wrote: May 3, 2023 7:33 am Hand raised. I check it at least three times a day. I think I have a sickness.

Nothing a boat drink can't cure!
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 2, 2023 8:10 pm
Newport isn't the only place I've ever had a loose screw.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

ChzHeadParrothead wrote: April 23, 2023 11:41 am
ChzHeadParrothead wrote: April 23, 2023 11:35 am
msu#1 wrote: April 23, 2023 8:47 am I truly believe he is going out with at least one or two other acts....

Those acts have spring tours still going on and therefore can't announce it yet...
That idea make the most sense on the lateness of the tour announcement. If that's true, who do you think those acts most likely are??
I noticed Kenny Chesney has only one tour date in June and only one in July. Maybe a Jimmy/Kenny tour? I'd see that for sure!!
Kenny will be here in Charleston May 25 at the tennis center. Be patient with JB & keep your eyes open.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

msu#1 wrote: April 23, 2023 8:47 am I truly believe he is going out with at least one or two other acts....

Those acts have spring tours still going on and therefore can't announce it yet...
Personally, I hope this is not the case but you may be right. There has been some chatter on here (well disappointment) with the shorter sets when JB shares the bill with other acts. The setlists would also likely be more non-die hard friendly which makes it even tougher to swallow for me.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

wildcat wrote: May 2, 2023 10:33 pm Raise your hand if you get a little excited every time this thread is posted in, thinking its a show announcement.
LOL! Yep
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

First ball to drop in the game has happened.....

Kenny Chesney just announced his first June show and it's a festival . They are saying it's replacement for MORGAN WALLEN dropping out to rest his vocals..."at rehab if u believe the rumors which would be very on brand for that singer show winner". But really Kenny's camp haas likely been planning this show for a long time...the festival even teased in the past that another act would be added...

It was just convenient timing to announce with WALLEN going to rehab ..err a doctor for his voice.

Should be any day now
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

msu#1 wrote: May 10, 2023 1:52 pm First ball to drop in the game has happened.....

Kenny Chesney just announced his first June show and it's a festival . They are saying it's replacement for MORGAN WALLEN dropping out to rest his vocals..."at rehab if u believe the rumors which would be very on brand for that singer show winner". But really Kenny's camp haas likely been planning this show for a long time...the festival even teased in the past that another act would be added...

It was just convenient timing to announce with WALLEN going to rehab ..err a doctor for his voice.

Should be any day now
Has anywhere, besides one or two posts on here, speculated about Jimmy and Kenny touring together?
Last edited by wildcat on May 11, 2023 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

wildcat wrote: May 10, 2023 6:21 pm
msu#1 wrote: May 10, 2023 1:52 pm First ball to drop in the game has happened.....

Should be any day now
Has anywhere, besides one of two posts on here, speculated about Jimmy and Kenny touring together?

Should be any day now
Has anywhere, besides one of two posts on here, speculated about Jimmy and Kenny touring together?
There is a better chance Jimmy tours with all of us on this BN thread, than he does touring with Kenny
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BOR shared with me earlier that Peter Mayer is touring from early June, straight through July, until August 4th. Unless Jimmy is touring without him that line about “see you in July” might not be accurate.
wildcat
I have found me a home

Post by wildcat »

C4Parrothead wrote: May 10, 2023 7:35 pm

Should be any day now

Should be any day now
There is a better chance Jimmy tours with all of us on this BN thread, than he does touring with Kenny

I'll play the washboard!
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 10, 2023 8:17 pm BOR shared with me earlier that Peter Mayer is touring from early June, straight through July, until August 4th. Unless Jimmy is touring without him that line about “see you in July” might not be accurate.
This is the most realistic take I’ve seen on here in a while. Between Mayer’s tour and the small handful of Mac dates, the only possible times there could possibly be a summer tour are mid-July, mid-August, and mid-September. Mayer has dates booked on Thursdays and Saturdays, so he’s definitely not pulling double duty.

Somebody in another thread had July 27th as the Cincy date. Peter Mayer is playing in Maryland that day.

Unless there are some one-off shows added, I don’t expect there to be any Junes dates.
JJ1985JJ
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Lat
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by JJ1985JJ »

Scotty Emerick usually has tour dates posted by now. He has none, he’ll be opening for Jimmy this summer I bet. And he takes some pressure off so Jim doesn’t have to play so long. It makes for a great concert. Finz up !
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

boatdrinks84 wrote: May 10, 2023 8:41 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 10, 2023 8:17 pm BOR shared with me earlier that Peter Mayer is touring from early June, straight through July, until August 4th. Unless Jimmy is touring without him that line about “see you in July” might not be accurate.
This is the most realistic take I’ve seen on here in a while. Between Mayer’s tour and the small handful of Mac dates, the only possible times there could possibly be a summer tour are mid-July, mid-August, and mid-September. Mayer has dates booked on Thursdays and Saturdays, so he’s definitely not pulling double duty.

Somebody in another thread had July 27th as the Cincy date. Peter Mayer is playing in Maryland that day.

Unless there are some one-off shows added, I don’t expect there to be any Junes dates.
I don’t think Peter Mayer would book a tour if he knew Jimmy had scheduled similar dates. I’m also not sure he’d be allowed to. There is a 17 day gap in Peter Mayer’s tour in early July. I suppose that is a possibility for Jimmy?

Then maybe 8/12 at Great Woods which is still open and lines up with other CRB schedules as well as Jimmy’s new album release.

Based on the information we have I’d guess first dates for Jimmy are in August. Unless we start to see CRB members’ tour dates change which has happened in years past.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 10, 2023 9:08 pm
boatdrinks84 wrote: May 10, 2023 8:41 pm

I don’t think Peter Mayer would book a tour if he knew Jimmy had scheduled similar dates. I’m also not sure he’d be allowed to. There is a 17 day gap in Peter Mayer’s tour in early July. I suppose that is a possibility for Jimmy?

Then maybe 8/12 at Great Woods which is still open and lines up with other CRB schedules as well as Jimmy’s new album release.

Based on the information we have I’d guess first dates for Jimmy are in August. Unless we start to see CRB members’ tour dates change which has happened in years past.
Jon , Aug 12th is still my guess. The see you in July can mean a few things. He may pop up and play somewhere solo. He may be seen in Key West. And, yes his band has canceled shows to play with Jimmy in the past. It happened at MOTM a few years ago.