2023 tour dates

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: 2023 tour dates

Post by Dr.Corona »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 10, 2023 8:17 pm BOR shared with me earlier that Peter Mayer is touring from early June, straight through July, until August 4th. Unless Jimmy is touring without him that line about “see you in July” might not be accurate.
Peter is off the first full 2 weeks of July (he plays July 2 & then not again until July 20 in Cleveland...so something could happen there).
But yeah, his schedule is solid for the next 2 weeks after that.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

wildcat wrote: May 10, 2023 6:21 pm
msu#1 wrote: May 10, 2023 1:52 pm First ball to drop in the game has happened.....

Kenny Chesney just announced his first June show and it's a festival . They are saying it's replacement for MORGAN WALLEN dropping out to rest his vocals..."at rehab if u believe the rumors which would be very on brand for that singer show winner". But really Kenny's camp haas likely been planning this show for a long time...the festival even teased in the past that another act would be added...

It was just convenient timing to announce with WALLEN going to rehab ..err a doctor for his voice.

Should be any day now
Has anywhere, besides one or two posts on here, speculated about Jimmy and Kenny touring together?
Touring together may be a stretch, but I wonder if Jimmy and Kenny happen to be in the same town at the same time if Jimmy might pop in to Kenny’s show.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

boatdrinks84 wrote: April 29, 2023 9:26 pm I’m good with a shortened tour and shortened set. Really I’d like to see a throwback to when shows started with a few songs solo acoustic or with very limited number of people on stage (see: Live by the Bay). Less time performing for the full band and more low-impact overall.
You just may get your wish soon,
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

Most of the venues in Northeast that he tends to play already have a bunch of acts lined up. Tours do not get put together at the last minute and everyone will want as much time as possible to sell tickets and get merchandise ready.

I am really starting to wonder if there will be a tour at all.
"Some people never find it..."
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

jbfins wrote: May 11, 2023 5:32 pm Most of the venues in Northeast that he tends to play already have a bunch of acts lined up. Tours do not get put together at the last minute and everyone will want as much time as possible to sell tickets and get merchandise ready.

Well first, you have to define tour. You may get to see a show without it technically being a tour stop.
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

jbfins wrote: May 11, 2023 5:32 pm Most of the venues in Northeast that he tends to play already have a bunch of acts lined up. Tours do not get put together at the last minute and everyone will want as much time as possible to sell tickets and get merchandise ready.

Have you ever flown Breeze Airways? Just curious as it’s the cheapest deal around. You are in Westchester County, right?
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

Quite some time ago I was working an event at a venue. For this particular event I was stationed at a gate near the rear reserved for special guests, dignitaries, caterers, police, other security, vendors, and event staff like me. Anyone entering that gate must have special badges/ID. A gentleman approached the gate with no visible badging. I had already watched this man drive an extremely nice SUV through a gate at the rear of the venue near me. This is not a gate where one could enter with a phone ticket. Ticketholders must enter through a front gate. I challenged the man of course. He told me he was Ben Navarro. I didn’t know Mr. Navarro by sight at the time although I knew who he was. Everybody around here knows who he is.
Knowing he had already driven through a gate without issue I assumed he was being truthful. I apologized profusely but he was extremely nice and told me he appreciated me doing my job.Of course Mr. Navarro owns this venue. I knew that much. I never made that mistake again. And I won’t make that mistake May 20. BTW, if any of you happens to be a fan of women’s’ professional tennis you may have heard of Ben. That’s about all I can say now.
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

So palmetto is saying credit one stadium......

Something about may 20 ... Announcement?

Decent summer lineup there with Kenny on the 25TH
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

Ok, I'm on the cusp of breaking some rules here, but I feel compelled to let my fellow BN folks know about a JB show before the general public so you can at least think about tentative reservations close by before the rush. There is a confirm for May 20 at Credit One Stadium. However, most of you know Jimmy has health issues. So I'm guessing anything can happen. This is being called a pop-up show, whatever that means, maybe a condensed version of a big production. I just don't know. But we are being scheduled to work. I have PM'd a couple people so if they have shared that's fine. They've probably made their plans by now.

Just to add, when Jimmy comes to Charleston he usually stays over a week. And Jane has family close by. He has friends here and hangs out quite a bit with fellow scribe Chris Dixon over near Folly Beach. You may have seen videos of him paddle boarding last year over there. Here's my point and this is purely speculation. Jimmy will probably still be here May 25, if he indeed does come. Kenny Chesney is playing Credit One that day. You kind of have to wonder if he might drop in on Kenny.

Hope this helps.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

palmettopirate wrote: May 12, 2023 7:40 am Ok, I'm on the cusp of breaking some rules here, but I feel compelled to let my fellow BN folks know about a JB show before the general public so you can at least think about tentative reservations close by before the rush. There is a confirm for May 20 at Credit One Stadium. However, most of you know Jimmy has health issues. So I'm guessing anything can happen. This is being called a pop-up show, whatever that means, maybe a condensed version of a big production. I just don't know. But we are being scheduled to work. I have PM'd a couple people so if they have shared that's fine. They've probably made their plans by now.

Just to add, when Jimmy comes to Charleston he usually stays over a week. And Jane has family close by. He has friends here and hangs out quite a bit with fellow scribe Chris Dixon over near Folly Beach. You may have seen videos of him paddle boarding last year over there. Here's my point and this is purely speculation. Jimmy will probably still be here May 25, if he indeed does come. Kenny Chesney is playing Credit One that day. You kind of have to wonder if he might drop in on Kenny.

Hope this helps.
[smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

Well I would have tried to get to Charleston for a show but I need more than EIGHT DAYS notice. I really think this year is it and I’d like to see him one more time
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

Ok the news finally broke which makes me feel much better. I can stop dropping hints. Jimmy will be at Credit One Stadium May 20. Club members may already know this. Tickets on sale Monday morning 10:00.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

This venue is about 2 hours away but I think I'll pass. He played there in 2017 and I didn't like the venue. It was nice to go to once but, at least for me, there's no reason to go back. Your mileage may vary.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

LIPH wrote: May 12, 2023 10:20 am This venue is about 2 hours away but I think I'll pass. He played there in 2017 and I didn't like the venue. It was nice to go to once but, at least for me, there's no reason to go back. Your mileage may vary.
In case you didn’t know, Mr. Navarro spent over $20,000,000 renovating the stadium since you were here. It’s much nicer and more concert friendly.
gypsystargazer
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by gypsystargazer »

Ahoy! 🦜Here we go! Yay Charleston! I've always wanted to visit. Might fly down from Michigan! Cheers
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

Only 98 miles away. Very last minute but I'm going to try and swing it.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
gypsystargazer
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by gypsystargazer »

I'm retired so, I can get gone to where JB is. I won't stop going until he does and that's since 1998 for me. 😆🦈🎶🌴🦜It is a lifestyle for me.
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

I'm sure the other dates will start "popping soon". Will they be more pop up shows like this or a full mini tour in July hard to say....

But it's not going to be a normal year ......be prepared for an opener or coheadliner...or just jimmy
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

msu#1 wrote: May 12, 2023 7:04 pm I'm sure the other dates will start "popping soon". Will they be more pop up shows like this or a full mini tour in July hard to say....

But it's not going to be a normal year ......be prepared for an opener or coheadliner...or just jimmy
There is only about a 2 week window in July where Peter is not out on his own tour - unless Jimmy is going to play with an abbreviated band/co-headliner situation it's not much of a "tour".
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

gypsystargazer wrote: May 12, 2023 3:00 pm Ahoy! 🦜Here we go! Yay Charleston! I've always wanted to visit. Might fly down from Michigan! Cheers
I don’t know if Breeze Airlines is up there but it’s the best deal out there in and out of Charleston.