NO Video stream from San Diego

Trade bootlegs and get help recording shows

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

NO Video stream from San Diego

Post by urlcenter »

There will be NO video stream of this Saturday's show in San Diego CA, the audio of the show will stream live on Radio Margaritaville

The following announcement was posted to the Margaritaville TV Live page regarding the decision not to video stream the show:

"Due to the exceptionally late start time we will not be video streaming the San Diego show live. But you can still tune in on Radio Margaritaville and listen live!"
Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!

Re: NO Video stream from San Diego

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

Something seems fishy here. In the past, just about every show in the pacific time zone has been streamed. According to the Ticketmaster web site, this show starts at 7:00 PM pacific time, which is an hour earlier than most shows. Yet, they are saying the reason for no streaming is an exceptionally late start time. Huh?
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins »

Yep, seems a little weird. I also would have expected some posts on IG about the band rehearsing. The IG account has been really quiet.
"Some people never find it..."
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Gypsy In The Palace wrote: May 5, 2023 12:09 am Something seems fishy here. In the past, just about every show in the pacific time zone has been streamed. According to the Ticketmaster web site, this show starts at 7:00 PM pacific time, which is an hour earlier than most shows. Yet, they are saying the reason for no streaming is an exceptionally late start time. Huh?
Here is the deal the show starts at 7:00 with a 20 minute opening set from Mac, followed by a full concerte by Jason Mraz and the a full show by Jimmy and the CRB. JImmy will likely not take the stage until 10pm PST which is 11 MST, 12am CST and 1am EST.
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

From TJ Higgins on FB:
"The event consists of the three peformances starting at or little after 7pm. Mac McAnally is playing a 20 minute opening set. Jason Mraz will be performing a full concert starting at or little after 7:30. A typical Jason Mraz show is the roughly the same length as a full show by Jimmy and the CRB.
Jason Mraz will likely be on stage for 90 minutes or longer based on setlists from his past shows. His full shows average from 20-24 songs.
Given the typical length of Jason's shows Jimmy will likely not take the stage until around 10 PST or a little later. Which would be 11pm MST 12am CST and 1am EST. This means the concert will end at 12am (or a little later) PST which is 1am MST, 2am CST, and 3am EST (The end times could be later Depending on the length of Jimmy's show)
This explains why the late start time was stated in the announcement on the Margaritaville TV page. It was referring to how late Jimmy will take the stage not the actual start time of the full show."

Damn! Even more reason for video. :( :evil:

Flawed logic from the people that gave us "It's 5 O"clock Somewhere"..... it's always gonna be late someplace in Buffettland.

Probably couldn't stream Jason anyhoo....
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
silverbetty
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration, Beautiful Swimmers
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Anything

Post by silverbetty »

Was there a Radio Margaritaville stream on this show? I'm on the East Coast so I sadly missed this one.
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

silverbetty wrote: May 24, 2023 11:44 am Was there a Radio Margaritaville stream on this show? I'm on the East Coast so I sadly missed this one.
Yes RM streamed this show Jimmy took the stage at 9pm Pacfic time which was 12am Eastern time
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

silverbetty wrote: May 24, 2023 11:44 am Was there a Radio Margaritaville stream on this show? I'm on the East Coast so I sadly missed this one.
The San Diego show is now available for download