Need Rain WED @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Need Rain WED @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning Everyone.

We haven't had any rain in waaaaaay too long. I sure hope June isn't as dry as our May was (the driest since 1888). My plants are looking very sad and our local farm crops are suffering big time. Our area is known for wonderful tomatoes, sweet corn and a bounty of fresh veggies.

Work is so very busy. I've had 3 chats with the Director of Land Use (my immediate super.) and the Township Manager. There was a 40 hr/wk and a 20 hr/wk person in Zoning. Now it's me, a 30 hr person. We've exceeded the monthly permit record for 10 years for the past 2 months. I can't keep up and folks are getting annoyed that it's taking 3 weeks to process their paperwork. Anyway -- I will plug along doing the best I can in the time I work. At least if I go in early before the office officially opens I can rack up comp time (I'm up to 16 hrs after using a few here and there).
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Need Rain WED @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Linda, That's a lot of work! My school district had another elementary art teacher that taught fewer classes than me at at 2 schools. She was close to retirement age and had poor lass/time management skills, so I was dumped on with more classes and more travelling between schools. Twice in my early career I was told," You're the only one who can do it."

I'm off to Cleveland to see Mac tonight.

ROAD TRIP!!!!!
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning Bill & Linda!

Sorry to hear things are not running as smoothly as they could be Linda. Hopefully something can be modified to get you some help there.

Jealous of you Bill. Wish Mac would do a show a little closer to my neck of the woods. Saw a performance of his at MoTM one year & just so outstanding! Enjoy!

Agree that a good soaking would be welcome. While I like having my "off" time warm, sunny & dry....while I'm working let it rip mother nature! :lol:
But forecast isn't overly optimistic. :-?

Enjoy your 7th day of June gang!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning peoples. It's supposed to be 87 degrees today but I'll believe it when I see it, or feel it. Yesterday's high was supposed to be 85 and it was only 78. We also have an air quality alert because of the smoke from the Canadian fires. It looks OK outside so far but that should be changing soon.

I was unlucky with the Pelicans game I went to last week. They had been on a 6 game winning streak then they lost 2 in a row, including the game I went to. Now they're on a 5 game winning streak and as poorly as they were playing earlier in the season they're tied for first place in their division.
Last edited by LIPH on June 7, 2023 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Good morning, BN peeps. Happy Wednesday! 😃😃😃

Debbie
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers

Suppose to be about 88 here today. For the last few nights, we have had big thunder but no rain. Lots of rain in Houston, but nothing here.

Astros got beat by Blue Jay's last night. George Springer ( former Astro) hit a Springer Dinger...HR against his former team. That hurt.
Another game in Canada today.

Another shooting last night...this one at a HS graduation. :(
Will it ever stop.
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

I went in for a procedure yesterday (the one where you have to drink two liters of drano the day before) and had another fun encounter with nurses with sharp pokie IV needles. First, the nurse tried to put it in the back of my hand... as I always do, I closed my eyes tight and looked away. "Oops" she said and pulled it back out, said she hit a valve. STRIKE ONE. Next she tried putting it in the crook of my arm... "Nope, not there" she said. STRIKE TWO. "Let me try here" she said. Nope... STRIKE THREE. They called in a relieve sticker who placed it in my forearm (never had one there before) on first try.

I. hate. needles. :x

I sure do like Propofol though! :D
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Looks like Blade Runner outside.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: June 7, 2023 11:59 am I went in for a procedure yesterday (the one where you have to drink two liters of drano the day before) and had another fun encounter with nurses with sharp pokie IV needles. First, the nurse tried to put it in the back of my hand... as I always do, I closed my eyes tight and looked away. "Oops" she said and pulled it back out, said she hit a valve. STRIKE ONE. Next she tried putting it in the crook of my arm... "Nope, not there" she said. STRIKE TWO. "Let me try here" she said. Nope... STRIKE THREE. They called in a relieve sticker who placed it in my forearm (never had one there before) on first try.

I. hate. needles. :x

Needles don't bother me but whenever I donate platelets or whole blood I can't watch when they stick me. I've been donating for more than 35 years and I always turn my head so I can't see the needle going in but once it's in I'm fine.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

moog wrote: June 7, 2023 2:23 pm Looks like Blade Runner outside.
Is Joanna Cassidy there? She was smoking hot (no pun intended) in the '80s.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

The Beer Den at the other store finally had the Brazilian beer on tap, it was a lager and it was pretty good. After I finished it, I went to the counter to return my empty glass and they had added 3 more beers from the same brewer. I decided to get a flight, the 3 Brazilian beers and one other from Brooklyn. All 4 of the Brazilian beers are from the same brewer, the woman at the Beer Den told me the brewery is owned by women and they're Japanese. One of the others was a wheat beer and that was the best of the four.

They redesigned the Beer Den at this store since the last time I was here. It used to be in the corner at the far end of the store and it had 9 taps. They moved it about 30 feet to the left and there are 8 taps now. And there's a coffee bar next to it. It smells very good.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

It was getting pretty hazy, nothing like what I've seen in pictures of some places up north, but it's freakin' pouring now. That should get rid of some of the haze.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

The skies around here have been really smoky lately. The fires up in Canada are causing it. The "elderly" and other
at-risk people are warned to not exert themselves while outside because smoke particles can get into your bloodstream.
Yesterday day I helped my brother install a screen door and today I was outside painting the trims of the picture window and
the front door of my home. Both jobs were followed by sitting outside and smoking cigars. Probably not the healthiest thing to do.
Who's got the rum?
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

For those getting the smoke/haze - this was us 2 weeks ago... looked like fog. It was around for over a week. Tho "national" news didn't cover it when it was in the west/midwest. But they are now that it's in the east. :roll:

We don't have breathing issues, but we were even bothered by the smoke.

Hope the weather takes it away from all of you soon. It was pretty miserable.

SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

LIPH wrote: June 7, 2023 2:51 pm They redesigned the Beer Den at this store since the last time I was here. It used to be in the corner at the far end of the store and it had 9 taps. They moved it about 30 feet to the left and there are 8 taps now. And there's a coffee bar next to it. It smells very good.
Sounds GREAT!!
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Saltx3 wrote: June 7, 2023 6:00 am G Now it's me, a 30 hr person. We've exceeded the monthly permit record for 10 years for the past 2 months. I can't keep up and folks are getting annoyed that it's taking 3 weeks to process their paperwork. Anyway -- I will plug along doing the best I can in the time I work. At least if I go in early before the office officially opens I can rack up comp time (I'm up to 16 hrs after using a few here and there).
Hopefully the summertime requests will slow down soon
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: June 7, 2023 11:59 am I. hate. needles. :x

Never had Propofol.. and I don't hate needles. :(

Like Larry - I don't need to watch, but once it's in (usually on the first try), I'm good. E has itty bitty veins and always has issues. Does drinking a lot of water beforehand help you at all?
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Welp...The Astros lost...again. That is 2 in a row. :(
They play one more in Canada tomorrow. Wonder why they are playing 4 games. They usually play 3.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

LIPH wrote: June 7, 2023 2:51 pm The Beer Den at the other store finally had the Brazilian beer on tap, it was a lager and it was pretty good. After I finished it, I went to the counter to return my empty glass and they had added 3 more beers from the same brewer. I decided to get a flight, the 3 Brazilian beers and one other from Brooklyn. All 4 of the Brazilian beers are from the same brewer, the woman at the Beer Den told me the brewery is owned by women and they're Japanese. One of the others was a wheat beer and that was the best of the four.

They redesigned the Beer Den at this store since the last time I was here. It used to be in the corner at the far end of the store and it had 9 taps. They moved it about 30 feet to the left and there are 8 taps now. And there's a coffee bar next to it. It smells very good.
Hopefully The Beer Den will still be there when the Ringers arrive (permanently) :).
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda