2023-2024 Ravens, Hornets, BC Gold, KC Fusion

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

2023-2024 Ravens, Hornets, BC Gold, KC Fusion

Post by johnson2113 »

21 days before the new year.

What a year, horrible year, worst year in recorded history. We all know that, We all feel it. Whether we want to admit it or not.

Bub had a killer year, catching damn near 350 innings, catching every game. Last year four catchers on the team, and Bub was THE only guy on the team to catch this year. Even the top guys in MLB did not get as many reps as he did.

Ryanne, kicked a** this year. Second place in league, second place in the city tournament. Recruited to a new club to be their premiere team. We kick off the season this upcoming weekend.

Football, I'm just shooting guys that ask me to come out and shoot.

Soccer, now I'm a soccer photographer. Ryanne's teammate, Lydia. I've gotten text messages from my sister, Emily. Lydia wants you to come out and shoot pictures.

Lydia: "Can Uncle Jerred come out and shoot pictures, you s***." to her Mom.

Lydia's Mom: "Lydia has been on my a** to get Uncle Jerred out to shoot pictures, she tells me how much I s***."

I go out and shoot Lydia. She tells Ryanne I can only shoot her. Well, half the soccer team is 90% of the volleyball team, I have to shoot them all. It was fun. Maybe because it was the middle of November and 75 degrees. :lol:

Bub's got the inside track to be the Varsity catcher this year. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Re: 2023-2024 Ravens, Hornets, BC Gold, KC Fusion

Post by johnson2113 »

Not too shabby to start the season, from 8:00AM to 6:00PM and overflowing toilets.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts!

Okay! So, I did whatever, until, through Jimmy's birthday. I put up with Christmas, I did not get the Christmas gift that I wanted, whatever, etc. Blah, blah, blah.

The kick ass volleyball team, that we all love, smoked the first tournament of the season, smoked the second tournament of the season, that I missed. After the new year, plus, I dragged my ass up to the city, into the ice and snow and below zero temp for the third tournament of the season. They, they played awful the first day, kicked ass the second day, and ran the table on the third day. They took home the copper ship.

Building Champions White came up short in the other bracket.

Pohaku, came up short in the other bracket. But our girls made a great showing across the board, the most important thing is our girls showed up in the top bracket of the lower division All that matters to me. Let's go. Let's geta break for about a week. I'm working on a kick ass chick for myself, never mind let me focus on volleyball. I'm focusing on a chick for me. I want a "Mexican Cutie" for the next Labor Day. I'm going to focus on me, and kick ass for my crew, they want me to get a "Mexican Cutie", I know it! Whatever, the jungle drums are beating! We will all figure it out!
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Well, another weekend and another championship.

The girls have medaled in every tournament they have played this year. One of those a second place medal. One.

Honestly I do not know what to say about this team. Sitting on the edge of my seat to see where Bub ends up on the high school baseball team this year. So I will just keep shooting the number 1 volleyball team, until then.

Here are highlights. Much easier to go through than all of my pics.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34photogr ... 314917693/
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

We've all been sweltering in the hot, Kansas winter sun of later February. It's been crazy, we've been running air conditioners, running around in shorts and t-shirts.

The customary timeout between sets, the Landsharks are all planted to the stands like remoras. The Storm is on their feet, knowing how damn good their team is, and not getting the recognition from their organization.

The girls are electrified. They are bouncing and clapping and screaming. Their biggest fans in the world are getting rowdier, louder. The underdogs, the 'Select' team is taking on the juggernauts of the 'Premiere' league.

The Goliaths have looked down their nose at the Davids. With absolutely no clue what they are up against. World beaters, butt kickers, the toughest crew of little volleyball players anyone has ever come up against.
Come at me, bro.
The Landsharks get their first taste in the second set, a shanked bump. The Storm strike back, it's tied 5-5. (They start at 4-4 in the first two sets).

The Sharks grab a four point lead, but the Storm trades blows with them, it's 12-8. It's still a small deficit to overcome, but the confidence and momentum is our side. We got three sets, nothing to get to worried about, yet.

The Storm battle back to tie and then grab the lead. The Sharks call a timeout to ice the server, but if you got ice water running through your veins, it's just a lesson in futility to the other team. The teams trade blows, and the Sharks creep onto the lead and then capture it. 19-17. The Storm has not seceded the 20 point rule on tournament, and then they did.

Everyone's looking at the coach for a timeout, she does NOT call one. Storm bring the thunder. It's knotted up at 20! Then it is 21-20, Storm, then tied up again, then it's 21-22, Storm grabs the lead. All tied up at 22, a timeout is called, not by the Storm by the Landsharks. A big block followed by a flurry of bumps and sets and spikes the Storm grabs the lead at 23-22, it's all over.

Lou comes in and delivers an, all but unreturnable serve, it's 24-22.

No one will say it, but we are all thinking it. It's over, our ship has come in. One more point to go. Lou serves up one more beautiful shot, the Landsharks do all they can to return it. Lou comes flying in for the bump to Cool Hand Lex, who puts it in perfect position for Addy to come flying in and drop the hammer.

The impossible is completed. Beating 'better' teams, going wire to wire, running the table. The Storm had no competition all weekend no matter who they faced. 6th medal and 5th championship on the season.

I cannot even begin to wait to go through these pictures, but I am still keyed up after a 3 hour drive home, don't even know if I will sleep tonight.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

We've all been sweltering in the hot, Kansas winter sun of later February. It's been crazy, we've been running air conditioners, running around in shorts and t-shirts.

The customary timeout between sets, the Landsharks are all planted to the stands like remoras. The Storm is on their feet, knowing how damn good their team is, and not getting the recognition from their organization.

The girls are electrified. They are bouncing and clapping and screaming. Their biggest fans in the world are getting rowdier, louder. The underdogs, the 'Select' team is taking on the juggernauts of the 'Premiere' league.

The Goliaths have looked down their nose at the Davids. With absolutely no clue what they are up against. World beaters, butt kickers, the toughest crew of little volleyball players anyone has ever come up against.
Come at me, bro.
The Landsharks get their first taste in the second set, a shanked bump. The Storm strike back, it's tied 5-5. (They start at 4-4 in the first two sets).

The Sharks grab a four point lead, but the Storm trades blows with them, it's 12-8. It's still a small deficit to overcome, but the confidence and momentum is our side. We got three sets, nothing to get to worried about, yet.

The Storm battle back to tie and then grab the lead. The Sharks call a timeout to ice the server, but if you got ice water running through your veins, it's just a lesson in futility to the other team. The teams trade blows, and the Sharks creep onto the lead and then capture it. 19-17. The Storm has not seceded the 20 point rule on tournament, and then they did.

Everyone's looking at the coach for a timeout, she does NOT call one. Storm bring the thunder. It's knotted up at 20! Then it is 21-20, Storm, then tied up again, then it's 21-22, Storm grabs the lead. All tied up at 22, a timeout is called, not by the Storm by the Landsharks. A big block followed by a flurry of bumps and sets and spikes the Storm grabs the lead at 23-22, it's all over.

Lou comes in and delivers an, all but unreturnable serve, it's 24-22.

No one will say it, but we are all thinking it. It's over, our ship has come in. One more point to go. Lou serves up one more beautiful shot, the Landsharks do all they can to return it. Lou comes flying in for the bump to Cool Hand Lex, who puts it in perfect position for Addy to come flying in and drop the hammer.

The impossible is completed. Beating 'better' teams, going wire to wire, running the table. The Storm had no competition all weekend no matter who they faced. 6th medal and 5th championship on the season.

I cannot even begin to wait to go through these pictures, but I am still keyed up after a 3 hour drive home, don't even know if I will sleep tonight.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I am way behind on pictures. May just throw them in the PSA, the MSC, I get these stupid ideas in my head and they consume me. I have been going back through everything for the last 11 years. Finding my best of the best, still working on football, going Volleyball next, then baseball. Meanwhile the season continue to pile up.

Opening Day at the 34 Social Club.

Bub, moved up to JV, only played one game of the double header. Too much stuff to download now. Figuring numbers between this year and last, but it ain't right. Too many freshman moved up to JV, to many sophomores left down on C-Team. I'll give it a week or two before I start losing my...losing it.

Bub's club ball coach is the coolest guy I know. He's an old school guy, I just hear "Bobisms". Bob ain't no BS'er. But man is he great with little kids, too. Just gives them the most enthusiasm for the game, and he treats the young men like young men. Doesn't cut them any slack. Any my goodness, does he care. He came out to the games tonight to support his summer club players.

I bounced back and forth like a pinball between games, talked to all the parents. Love them all, good and decent people. Bob, he saw me, he interrupted his conversation to stop and shake my hand. I was raised in a world, that was a thing. If I couldn't respect that man anymore, I found a way. He didn't have to, I did not need it, but my word, did that handshake mean more to me than any gesture I have had in a long damn time.

Bub was his typical self, awesome, the rest of the team. Good thing we played a bad team. Too many sophomores passed over for freshman.

On the bright side, the volleyball team finished the season in first place for, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Major accomplishment for the team. Now, we just go through the motions until summer ball starts.

I got an awesome new lens ordered. My sister got a text from the head baseball coach that Bub was awesome, like all of us didn't know that already, but it is still nice to hear it from a coach. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

As soon as I get through my best of my best it will be posted here first then everyone else can see it second. Now, we dive it this baseball season.