Live Song ID's

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

mjlash22
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Number of Concerts: 3

Live Song ID's

Post by mjlash22 »

Being that there is no master list of what live songs Radio Margaritaville plays (or at least I can't locate one). Looking to hopefully ID a couple live songs (venue/date), to help with my Jokelben hunt.

- Everybody's Got a Cousin in Miami
- Waiting for the Next Explosion
- Only Time Will Tell
- Jamaica Mistaica

For as long as I've been listening to RM, I can't say I've ever heard more than one version of these being played live unless it was a concert replay, so hoping that helps.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Re: Live Song ID's

Post by Caribbean Soul »

Perhaps noting the time when you hear one you'd like to be identified, and then checking the playlist online might help...
Or email a request to the station with the date/time info and the DJ may get back to you.
I do know that they play many songs from the Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays live album so you can start there.
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
mjlash22
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by mjlash22 »

I don't think RM has an online playlist, that or I haven't found it yet. I did find some playlists on other XM 3rd party related sites, but they don't get into the specifics, just the song name and artist. Thanks for the reply thought!
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
mjlash22
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by mjlash22 »

Yep, I have also used this site, but it doesn't give you any info for live versions. It just gives you the generic song/artist whether or not the song is a live or studio version.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: March 20, 2024 9:21 am This is the site I use: https://xmplaylist.com/station/radiomargaritaville
Yes, that is the one I meant. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
mjlash22 wrote: March 20, 2024 9:54 am Yep, I have also used this site, but it doesn't give you any info for live versions. It just gives you the generic song/artist whether or not the song is a live or studio version.
Many of the live versions aired show the albums they came from (YHTBT, TTS, Anguilla etc.) from that info you can usually find out the venue and date.
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99