Snowy Saturday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Snowy Saturday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning!

Yep, we got a few inches overnight and it's currently 31 degrees. 70's come back during the week.

We have our usual errands to run.

The best news is that E got home last night!! :D He landed at 2:30, I left work at 3:30, and he beat me home. :roll: Lovely traffic on my drive home.

Make it a good day, all!
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Snowy Saturday @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Penny. We have a sunny, cool day. I'll take it over snow.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Penny and Bill. The temperature is supposed to be in the 80s today, then tomorrow it's supposed to rain with a high of 63 degrees. I should go outside and enjoy today's weather but I didn't do laundry when I got home from the airport yesterday so it might be a good idea to do it today.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

Afternoon all! Woke up this morning to yet another rainy Saturday, but it stopped about an hour ago. It is just overcast and grey now.
It looks like I can walk to the evening cat-check at my neighbor's instead of driving like I did for the AM "shift" :)
(It may only be 5 houses away, but at a tad under a half mile, it's too far to walk in the rain! :lol: )

Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer... we'll see!
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Aloha, peeps. :wench:

Busy Saturday with errands and chores, but kicked azz and got everything done. Date night in town tonight and then tomorrow heading to Boston for dinner with my sister and each of our Keet sons, can’t wait. :D

No snow here but Mud Season is imminent. So it’s time for my annual flogging b/c we never trained the dog to keep off the furniture. :roll:

Happy Saturday, y’all!
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I went to the park for my daily walk and I couldn't find a parking spot, there's a soccer tournament in the park and an arts & crafts fair across the street. I detoured to the mall and walked in air conditioned comfort instead of 82 degrees and humid weather outdoors. Then I stopped at Total Wine and replenished my beer supply. Now I'll watch game one of the Carolina Hurricanes first round playoff series, they're playing the NY Islanders.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! I ran into a former student who is now a teacher. Her father is an old school buddy. We did some concerts and trips 30 years ago. For Christmas he had me paint shirts for his daughter, the English teacher. I hadn't seen him since December and I asked her if she liked the shirts. She gushed, "I cried!" She liked them. :D
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!

Post by Caribbean Soul »

LIPH wrote: April 20, 2024 5:17 pm I went to the park for my daily walk and I couldn't find a parking spot, there's a soccer tournament in the park and an arts & crafts fair across the street. I detoured to the mall and walked in air conditioned comfort instead of 82 degrees and humid weather outdoors. Then I stopped at Total Wine and replenished my beer supply. Now I'll watch game one of the Carolina Hurricanes first round playoff series, they're playing the NY Islanders.
It's 82° there already?! :o Yuck! I'd go for the mall too, especially since it is humid!
I hope you are rooting for the Islanders! :wink:
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!

Post by Caribbean Soul »

Ugh! [smilie=crying.gif] Oh well... it's just Game 1
In Boston with...
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Caribbean Soul wrote: April 20, 2024 7:34 pm
LIPH wrote: April 20, 2024 5:17 pm I went to the park for my daily walk and I couldn't find a parking spot, there's a soccer tournament in the park and an arts & crafts fair across the street. I detoured to the mall and walked in air conditioned comfort instead of 82 degrees and humid weather outdoors. Then I stopped at Total Wine and replenished my beer supply. Now I'll watch game one of the Carolina Hurricanes first round playoff series, they're playing the NY Islanders.
It's 82° there already?! :o Yuck! I'd go for the mall too, especially since it is humid!
I hope you are rooting for the Islanders! :wink:
We've had a handful of 80 degree days already this year but this is the first time we've had high humidity with it.

I'd like to see the Islanders win, but the Hurricanes are a much better team. I think they had the 3rd best record in the league, 3rd or 4th best goals against, 2nd best power play and 1st in penalty killing. At the beginning of the game the announcer said they were the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe I should have placed a bet before I left Las Vegas yesterday. :lol:
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!

Post by Caribbean Soul »

LIPH wrote: April 20, 2024 9:03 pm We've had a handful of 80 degree days already this year but this is the first time we've had high humidity with it.
We had mid=70s last week and a frost warning last night! :lol:
I hear ya about the humidity though... that is what I really hate!
LIPH wrote: April 20, 2024 9:03 pm I'd like to see the Islanders win, but the Hurricanes are a much better team. I think they had the 3rd best record in the league, 3rd or 4th best goals against, 2nd best power play and 1st in penalty killing. At the beginning of the game the announcer said they were the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe I should have placed a bet before I left Las Vegas yesterday. :lol:
I don't expect them to win, but I always hope they will! :wink: If they make an early exit (entirely possible :( ) I will shift my allegiance to Lightning, as my Tampa-living son & his wife and big fans! (Of course, they lost their first game as well...[smilie=eyeroll.gif])
In Boston with...
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Yikes. I missed Saturday. Too busy packing. And packing. Did I say packing
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda