LIVE IN LAS VEGAS

Submit your review or read what other's have said about Jimmy's albums and DVDs

Moderator: SMLCHNG

ClarkenBigD
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

LiLV

Post by ClarkenBigD »

Picked it up yesterday, 11/17, in a Mal-Wart. $14.

For what it is, it's very good. It says on the back:

'Recorded from the sound board... What you hear is what happened.'

And for that, it does it's job. Transports you away, sticks you in middle of the floor seating, and maroons you there for two hours. The malaise is only broken when halftime comes, and you gotta flip the record over (change the CDs). Just like having to get up and go to the restroom anyway, eh?

Highlight: Can't really decide, it's gonna depend on my mood. The acoustic set with Mac on disc 2 is the shizznit, cuz that's where I am.

Lowlight: Won't change with any mood. I'm hitting the 'skip' button (or going for a beer) for 'Natives are Restless'. Ugh.

Not as slick as T,T and S, but has a more loose feel than FF. With no production value, that's a given.
son of a beach
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by son of a beach »

The best thing about this cd to me is that you can take the best new songs from it and make your own live "best of".
My faves are "the Natives are restless" followed by "Mexico"
"it's crazy and it's different but it's really bein' free"
fruityparrothead
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Stranded On A Sandbar
Favorite Boat Drink: Depends on the day...

Question?

Post by fruityparrothead »

I just got the "Live in Las Vegas" CD today (if you can believe that...couldn't find the thing a ANY Wal-Mart in 4 counties
...yes 4 COUNTIES). SO I broke down and went to the mall.
Which live CD has the best dialogue???? Vegas? Auburn?

"When I pay my bills, gonna leave these Tennessee hills...(take myself), to the sea." Jimmy Buffett
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

Just noticed this on the Live in Las Vegas CD. Not sure how many others overlooked it.

On the back there is a warning notice in the lower-right hand corner...

"These concerts were recorded from the sound board at each show - nothing has been edited - nothing has been altered in any way. Warning: this CD may contain profanity and/or senior moments. What you hear is what happened. J.B." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do all the new albums have this?
Earl
I have found me a home

Post by Earl »

I just picked up vegas yesterday, so now I have auburn & vegas, haflway there! And I'm gonna see this setlist live?!?!?! How could life get any better!! :D The sound quality is not quite as good sometimes as Auburn, but it's still very good. As for the skips between songs, it only does it sometimes, or maybe I'm just not noticing it once I get into it, not sure. I love the little differences in the songs from the auburn disc, and I cant wait to get the other two!!

Earl
We're staying in a Holiday In full of Coneheads
cfh72
I have found me a home

Post by cfh72 »

One of my favorites on Vegas is the version of pencil thin that they did at that show. Most of the versions I'd heard up until that either featured fingers on the harmonica or were jimmy and mac solo. I like this version because it features the horns and sort of gives pencil thin mustache and new orleans-jazz kinda sound to it.
Earl
I have found me a home

Post by Earl »

the new years millenium show was the same way...that whole show was great.
We're staying in a Holiday In full of Coneheads
Congobill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Craft Beer

Post by Congobill »

I downloaded the Vegas CD from iTunes and bought the other ones on CD at various stores. I've noticed that the Vegas disk I downloaded from iTunes is noticeably quieter than the other live disks. Has anybody else noticed this? It's frustrating because when I put tunes from the Vegas show in a mix with other live tunes I have to turn up the stereo to hear them. Then when a tune from a non-Vegas show comes up I have to turn the stereo back down. Did I just get a bum download from iTunes or is the sound on the Vegas release quieter than the others?
Left Field ParrotHead
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Perfect Margarita from the M'ville in Las Vegas!!
Location: Across the street, having a beer with the neighbours

Post by Left Field ParrotHead »

nycparrothead wrote:Just noticed this on the Live in Las Vegas CD. Not sure how many others overlooked it.

On the back there is a warning notice in the lower-right hand corner...

"These concerts were recorded from the sound board at each show - nothing has been edited - nothing has been altered in any way. Warning: this CD may contain profanity and/or senior moments. What you hear is what happened. J.B." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do all the new albums have this?
I guess all the live ones do. I have Vegas and just picked up Hawaii and they both have it. anyone know if more are on the way. toronto would be nice since Radio Margaritaville lost the feed for a bit.
Dumb and drunk as I was, you know I would do it all again.