Posted: December 23, 2004 9:56 am
I like the Wade Miller pick up better than Clement 
I listened to that too. Olney talked about how supersticious Clement is...seemed like pretty petty stuff to memexcooker12 wrote:I dont know much about Wade Miller and but I read he is a high risk high reward prospect. I was listening to Buster Olney(writer for espn.com) on weei last night and he seemed to have serious questions about how Clement will perform. Apparently he doesnt handle pressure well and Olney had questions about how he would fit into that clubhouse.
Great move.BottleofRum wrote:Red Sox resign Varitek 4Years $40M!
The free-agent catcher has agreed to a four-year, $40 million contract, according to the Boston Globe’s Gordon Edes.
The Red Sox were expected to announce the deal on Friday.
The 32-year-old Varitek didn’t receive the no-trade clause his agent, Scott Boras had demanded, according to Newsday, but instead got some creative language in the contract that might give him some additional protection.
I NEVER HAD A DOUBT.HE LOVES BOSTON.BESIDES I DON'T THINK THERE IS A TEAM OUT THERE THAT WOULD OF GAVE A NO - TRADE.ANOTHER THING I REALLY DIDN'T HEAR OF ANY OTHER TEAMS MAKING ANY OFFERS OR TALKING TO HIM.CaptainP wrote:Great move.BottleofRum wrote:Red Sox resign Varitek 4Years $40M!
The free-agent catcher has agreed to a four-year, $40 million contract, according to the Boston Globe’s Gordon Edes.
The Red Sox were expected to announce the deal on Friday.
The 32-year-old Varitek didn’t receive the no-trade clause his agent, Scott Boras had demanded, according to Newsday, but instead got some creative language in the contract that might give him some additional protection.
Varitek is the most important member of that team.
I HEAR THE METS ARE GOING TO MAKE A BIG OFFER ALSO.I THINK HE'LL GO BACK TO HOUSTON.HOW GREAT WOULD IT BE IF THE YANKEES LOSE OUT ON BELTRAN AND JOHNSON.IT'S ALMOST LIKE THE RED SOX YEARS AGO.GRANTED THEY GOT PAVANO,BUT THE RED SOX WERE BANKING ON PEDRO COMING BACK.CaptainP wrote:By the way, the Astros have made a "significant" offer to Carlos Beltran. He is mulling it over, but is expected to be signed by the first week of January.
Snow's only 36? Seems like he's been playing since about 1985!!!BottleofRum wrote:Age of SF Giants starting lineup next season!
Position-Name-Age
C-Mike Matheny, 35
1B-J.T. Snow, 36
2B-Ray Durham, 33
3B-Edgardo Alfonzo, 31
SS-Omar Vizquel, 37
LF-Barry Bonds, 40
CF-Marquis Grissom, 37
RF-Moises Alou, 38
Baltimore Orioles pitcher Sidney Ponson has been detained on suspicion of assaulting a local judge at a beach on Christmas, police said Sunday. Ponson, who was born in Aruba, has not been formally charged but is expected to be arraigned Monday on assault and battery charges, a police spokesman said.
But his back is about 95, that's why the Mets let him go.BottleofRum wrote:Age of SF Giants starting lineup next season!
Position-Name-Age
C-Mike Matheny, 35
1B-J.T. Snow, 36
2B-Ray Durham, 33
3B-Edgardo Alfonzo, 31
SS-Omar Vizquel, 37
LF-Barry Bonds, 40
CF-Marquis Grissom, 37
RF-Moises Alou, 38
I thought they signed him last year!!! Must've been a 1-year contract...Lightning Bolt wrote:Padres have just signed ...NOBODY