Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderators: SMLCHNG, Saltx3

DeltOU
I have found me a home
Posts: 166
Joined: May 3, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 20
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by DeltOU »

I haven't been to the Mailboat records website for a while, but with the new tour, I figured I check...I came across this:

MP3s - Coming Soon!
Stay tuned in the next few weeks for an exciting addition to the Mailboat Records offerings - the ability to purchase mp3s of your favorite live Jimmy Buffett concerts!

http://mailboatrecords.bubbleup.biz/ind ... cPath=1_16


How long has this been up, or is it new?
Pablo Escobar
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 408
Joined: April 22, 2005 12:11 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Pablo Escobar »

the mp3's will be in its 'raw' form. You will have a choice between the mp3 (16bit) DL, or the FLAC (24bit) DL..but I don't know if he'll put the mp3s/FLAC on DAO or TAO for easier burns
prrthd1987
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6984
Joined: January 21, 2004 6:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Bemidji, MN

Re: Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by prrthd1987 »

DeltOU wrote:How long has this been up, or is it new?
It's been up for a little bit... but nobody has really said much about it because we know it will be another 3 years til they come out (if we are lucky) :lol:
DeltOU
I have found me a home
Posts: 166
Joined: May 3, 2001 8:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 20
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Post by DeltOU »

We can assume it will be similar to DMB Live Trax and concert offerings?
SteveJRogers
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 8
Joined: May 1, 2006 7:46 pm

Re: Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by SteveJRogers »

DeltOU wrote:I haven't been to the Mailboat records website for a while, but with the new tour, I figured I check...I came across this:

MP3s - Coming Soon!
Stay tuned in the next few weeks for an exciting addition to the Mailboat Records offerings - the ability to purchase mp3s of your favorite live Jimmy Buffett concerts!

http://mailboatrecords.bubbleup.biz/ind ... cPath=1_16


How long has this been up, or is it new?
You know, I thought something might be up when I was at iTunes to download a couple of the Tiki Tour albums I was unable to purchase them, except for the Cincy one, due to an "upgrade" or something

Steve
nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 643
Joined: July 11, 2003 9:48 am
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke
Location: Tropic Of Punch
Contact:

Post by nvrmnd17 »

That's been up since some time in January and I've pretty much given up hope on seeing this any time soon.

I believe the bubbleup.biz site is some sort of test site and not the "official" Mailboat site.
Check out TikiPod Radio!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net
SteveJRogers
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Posts: 8
Joined: May 1, 2006 7:46 pm

Post by SteveJRogers »

nvrmnd17 wrote:That's been up since some time in January and I've pretty much given up hope on seeing this any time soon.

I believe the bubbleup.biz site is some sort of test site and not the "official" Mailboat site.
True, but something could be up if the CDs are avalible at iTunes then all of a sudden you can't purchase them because of some "updating" situation? Hmmmm...
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76405
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

nvrmnd17 wrote:I believe the bubbleup.biz site is some sort of test site and not the "official" Mailboat site.
BubbleUp (http://www.bubbleup.biz) is a media management company that counts Mailboat Records among its clients:

Margaritaville.com http://www.margaritaville.com
CelebrityCellars.com http://www.celebritycellars.com
MuzikMafia http://www.muzikmafia.com
Mailboat Records http://www.mailboatrecords.com
Margaritaville Restaurants http://www.margaritavillelasvegas.com, http://www.margaritavillemyrtlebeach.com, http://www.margaritavilleorlando.com
Ralph MacDonald http://www.ralphmacdonald.com
Radio Margaritaville on Sirius http://www.radiomargaritaville.com
MargaritavilleFootwear.com http://www.margaritavillefootwear.com
3 Doors Down / Jon Nicholson Promo http://jonnicholsontour.com/3DD/
NORML / Jon Nicholson Promo http://jonnicholsontour.com/NORML/
Susan Haynes http://www.susanhaynesmusic.com
Site coming soon include Hall and Oates and Willy Deville

http://www.bubbleup.biz/portfolio.htm
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 643
Joined: July 11, 2003 9:48 am
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke
Location: Tropic Of Punch
Contact:

Post by nvrmnd17 »

Exactly, and I believe that this is their test site for Mailboat.
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
nvrmnd17 wrote:I believe the bubbleup.biz site is some sort of test site and not the "official" Mailboat site.
BubbleUp (http://www.bubbleup.biz) is a media management company that counts Mailboat Records among its clients:

Margaritaville.com http://www.margaritaville.com
CelebrityCellars.com http://www.celebritycellars.com
MuzikMafia http://www.muzikmafia.com
Mailboat Records http://www.mailboatrecords.com
Margaritaville Restaurants http://www.margaritavillelasvegas.com, http://www.margaritavillemyrtlebeach.com, http://www.margaritavilleorlando.com
Ralph MacDonald http://www.ralphmacdonald.com
Radio Margaritaville on Sirius http://www.radiomargaritaville.com
MargaritavilleFootwear.com http://www.margaritavillefootwear.com
3 Doors Down / Jon Nicholson Promo http://jonnicholsontour.com/3DD/
NORML / Jon Nicholson Promo http://jonnicholsontour.com/NORML/
Susan Haynes http://www.susanhaynesmusic.com
Site coming soon include Hall and Oates and Willy Deville

http://www.bubbleup.biz/portfolio.htm
Check out TikiPod Radio!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing
Posts: 76405
Joined: January 11, 2002 7:00 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wherever the Music is Playing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

nvrmnd17 wrote:Exactly, and I believe that this is their test site for Mailboat.
Okay, I see what you meant. I thought you meant you thought the bubbleup site was a test site that *Mailboat* built.
Last edited by SchoolGirlHeart on May 1, 2006 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally
nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 643
Joined: July 11, 2003 9:48 am
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke
Location: Tropic Of Punch
Contact:

Post by nvrmnd17 »

I have a habit of not being very clear on the internet. I think faster than I can type.
SchoolGirlHeart wrote:
nvrmnd17 wrote:Exactly, and I believe that this is their test site for Mailboat.
Okay, I see what you meant. I thought you meant you thought the bubbleup site was a test site that *Mailboat's* built.
Check out TikiPod Radio!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net
nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 643
Joined: July 11, 2003 9:48 am
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke
Location: Tropic Of Punch
Contact:

Post by nvrmnd17 »

Just found the original discussion:

http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/viewto ... t=mailboat

January 9th is when someone discovered the MP3 Downloads on the mailboat.bubbleup.biz site.

So it hasn't quite been 4 months...
Check out TikiPod Radio!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net
Pablo Escobar
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 408
Joined: April 22, 2005 12:11 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Pablo Escobar »

DeltOU wrote:We can assume it will be similar to DMB Live Trax and concert offerings?

Exactly, Yes
SharkOnLand
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Posts: 6665
Joined: January 2, 2006 7:34 pm
Number of Concerts: 0
Location: Wishing I was somewhere other than here...

Post by SharkOnLand »

nvrmnd17 wrote:Exactly, and I believe that this is their test site for Mailboat.
It looks like the entire "Store" section of the Mailboat site (accessed by clicking Store from the main Mailboat site) has the bubbleup.biz URL, so if it's a "test" site, they didn't hide it very well...
Image Image
nvrmnd17
I gotta go where it's warm
Posts: 643
Joined: July 11, 2003 9:48 am
Number of Concerts: 45
Favorite Boat Drink: Sailor Jerry's & Coke
Location: Tropic Of Punch
Contact:

Post by nvrmnd17 »

SharkOnLand wrote:
nvrmnd17 wrote:Exactly, and I believe that this is their test site for Mailboat.
It looks like the entire "Store" section of the Mailboat site (accessed by clicking Store from the main Mailboat site) has the bubbleup.biz URL, so if it's a "test" site, they didn't hide it very well...
You're right. I haven't purchased anything directly from Mailboat since 2003 and didn't realize the Mailboat site linked to the mailboat.bubbleup.biz site.

The bottom line is, I hope they do this downlaod thing and do it right and add some really cool shows. (and soon :lol: )
Check out TikiPod Radio!
Get Away to the Island Side of Life with The TikiPod's unique blend of island and Trop Rock music.
http://www.tikipod.net
Pablo Escobar
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 408
Joined: April 22, 2005 12:11 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by Pablo Escobar »

I had to bump this. Whatever happen to this?
labatt1876
I need two more boat drinks
Posts: 275
Joined: February 28, 2006 2:19 pm
Number of Concerts: 13

Re: Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by labatt1876 »

Dont we get MP3's of every concert for free? Thanks to Radio Margaritaville and Sunlover who is always nice enough to post every show?
Pablo Escobar
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 408
Joined: April 22, 2005 12:11 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by Pablo Escobar »

labatt1876 wrote:Dont we get MP3's of every concert for free? Thanks to Radio Margaritaville and Sunlover who is always nice enough to post every show?

I tape every show just like sunlover, but this post is from 3 years ago. Buffett mentioned he was going to sell his concerts. I saw this thread and wanted to up it.

Soundboard pulls would sound better than us taping from sirius broadcasts. Some .mp3 sourced shows sound like crap, but the n00bs on here wouldn't know the difference. Tapers would know the difference.
looking4OPH
License to Chill
Posts: 1256
Joined: March 11, 2006 5:20 pm
Favorite Buffett Song: Livingston Saturday Night
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita (frozen, salt); drink, repeat
Location: Margaritaville via Chicago

Re: Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by looking4OPH »

Pablo Escobar wrote:I tape every show just like sunlover, but this post is from 3 years ago. Buffett mentioned he was going to sell his concerts. I saw this thread and wanted to up it.

Soundboard pulls would sound better than us taping from sirius broadcasts. Some .mp3 sourced shows sound like crap, but the n00bs on here wouldn't know the difference. Tapers would know the difference.
If I had a choice of great sounding soundboards of every concert that cost vs. good sounding Sirius/RM captures for free, I'd take it for free in this economy. Although I don't grab/keep every concert, I certainly have enough that the costs would add up! BTW, I'm somewhere in between a n00b and a Taper. I can appreciate good quality recordings, but have to look at the scale of cost vs. quality.
Pablo Escobar
Gypsies in the palace
Posts: 408
Joined: April 22, 2005 12:11 am
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Mailboat Records to Offer MP3s of concerts?

Post by Pablo Escobar »

looking4OPH wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote:I tape every show just like sunlover, but this post is from 3 years ago. Buffett mentioned he was going to sell his concerts. I saw this thread and wanted to up it.

Soundboard pulls would sound better than us taping from sirius broadcasts. Some .mp3 sourced shows sound like crap, but the n00bs on here wouldn't know the difference. Tapers would know the difference.
If I had a choice of great sounding soundboards of every concert that cost vs. good sounding Sirius/RM captures for free, I'd take it for free in this economy. Although I don't grab/keep every concert, I certainly have enough that the costs would add up! BTW, I'm somewhere in between a n00b and a Taper. I can appreciate good quality recordings, but have to look at the scale of cost vs. quality.

No way.

I consider myself a good taper, b/c my shows usually sound great, but if I had the chance to get a great sbd of a buffett show I would gladly pay for it.

You and i know that all taper's pulls don't sound the same. Whatever source you're downloading...you don't know if it will sound good. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. At least we have like 3+ people here that love taping, and that the tapes will sound good.
Post Reply