Moderator: SMLCHNG

Amo
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 138
Favorite Boat Drink: Holy Water

Solana Beach, Cali

Post by Amo »

Jimmy and the Reefers are scheduled to play Belly Up in Solana Beach Cali on October 17th at 8pm.

Tickets on sale October 4th.

Tickets will be $95 GA and $175 reserved. Limit 2 !!!

This venue only holds around 650 people.

Here is the link - http://bellyupsolanabeach.frontgatesolu ... &eid=96719
The "Certain Ethnic ParrotHead"
jayparrot46
Hoot!

Re: Solana Beach, Cali

Post by jayparrot46 »

whereabouts is solana beach at in cali
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

jayparrot46 wrote:whereabouts is solana beach at in cali
near San Diego
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

cakudu
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Cheesburger
Number of Concerts: 2

Post by cakudu »

Solana is just north of Del Mar, not too far from the racetrack. Crossing fingers to get tickets :D
Congobill
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Last Mango in Paris
Number of Concerts: 60
Favorite Boat Drink: Craft Beer

Post by Congobill »

This is pretty astonishing. The Belly Up Tavern is a very intimate place. Quite a bit smaller than the Fillmore in SF which is where Jimmy has played a few gigs in recent years. I tried to get tickets for the Solana Beach show this morning but never had a chance. Congrats to those few who were lucky enough to get through and get one (or two).
outside92129
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 10

Post by outside92129 »

there was a problem during sales and at 9:00:01 everyone i know (and read on the 'net) said they couldn't get in. However over the next hour or two tickets started trickling out to those who kept searching.
Lightning Bolt
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

This was sheer impossible trying to crack their server...not designed for that kind of demand. :(
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
Congobill
Southeast of disorder

Post by Congobill »

outside92129 wrote:there was a problem during sales and at 9:00:01 everyone i know (and read on the 'net) said they couldn't get in. However over the next hour or two tickets started trickling out to those who kept searching.
I tried from 8:55 to around 9:40 and then a few times more over the next few hours. Never could land a ticket, although I thought it was interesting they did not mark the show as "sold out" until the afternoon.
Lightning Bolt
Favorite Buffett Song: Tryin To Reason...
Number of Concerts: 17
Location: Mt. Helix looking east to the future, west to this sunset

Post by Lightning Bolt »

Interesting there are no hard tickets issued for this show...
You either made it onto the list ...or you better have some good info (and fake cards) on someone who is!
$#@&...only Vegas again?? Padres ...gotta start believin'!Bring on '14 Spring Training!
FINSUPinIdaho
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: APLA40
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Why, you buying???

Post by FINSUPinIdaho »

I spent my young years at the BUT seeing lots of bands. Went to Torrey Pines High and lived just up the road from the BUT. Hope some of our BN crew got tix!!!!
bob3435
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Usually the one that I am currently listening to
Number of Concerts: 57
Favorite Boat Drink: anything someone gives while on a boat

Post by bob3435 »

FINSUPinIdaho, the Mistress of Agave and I will be flying out of BOI Wednesday evening to San Diego, just to catch the show!
Congobill
Southeast of disorder

Post by Congobill »

I know it's a long shot but if anybody has an extra ticket to the Belly Up show, please let me know.

Thanks!
FINSUPinIdaho
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: APLA40
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Why, you buying???

Post by FINSUPinIdaho »

Bob, have a great time! My old high school bud will be serving you your drinks!!!
malachite00

Post by malachite00 »

Did anyone go to this? I heard about it way too late, and couldn't even find Stubhub/ebay tickets. Just wondering how it was? I can't imagine seeing JB in such a tiny venue!
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

Here's a shot of the setlist. Seems like for such an intimate show he would break from routine and treat folks to a lot of stuff they wouldn't normally get at the big shows. Instead, it's the same ol' same ol'. Cool that he played such a small place though.

Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Tiki Torches wrote:Here's a shot of the setlist. Seems like for such an intimate show he would break from routine and treat folks to a lot of stuff they wouldn't normally get at the big shows. Instead, it's the same ol' same ol'. Cool that he played such a small place though.

[img]http://www.************.com/images/news_bellyupsl13.jpg[/img]
Not sure why you expected that. It was basically just a "rehearsal" for the upcoming arena shows IMO.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

Dr.Corona wrote:
Tiki Torches wrote:Here's a shot of the setlist. Seems like for such an intimate show he would break from routine and treat folks to a lot of stuff they wouldn't normally get at the big shows. Instead, it's the same ol' same ol'. Cool that he played such a small place though.

Not sure why you expected that. It was basically just a "rehearsal" for the upcoming arena shows IMO.
Hasn't he currently been doing a tour of shed shows over the summer? Seems like a venue such as the Belly Up would afford Buffett and the Reefers the opportunity to dig into the treasure chest a la similar small shows he's played in the past. I don't see a world of difference in playing sheds as opposed to arenas, he's still playing to large crowds.
malachite00

Post by malachite00 »

Tiki Torches wrote:
Dr.Corona wrote:

Hasn't he currently been doing a tour of shed shows over the summer? Seems like a venue such as the Belly Up would afford Buffett and the Reefers the opportunity to dig into the treasure chest a la similar small shows he's played in the past. I don't see a world of difference in playing sheds as opposed to arenas, he's still playing to large crowds.
I agree, why would he need to rehearse when he's already in the middle of a tour? The Belly Up only holds around 600 people, that's pretty intimate, so I guess I expected a different type of show. The one video I found on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhhMuINIiA) looked like a very small stage setup. I figured it would be more acoustic. Either way, it would be amazing. Probably not much tail-gating in Solana Beach though.
Congobill
Southeast of disorder

Post by Congobill »

I don't see the image of the setlist but, regardless, I'm kind of glad to hear he just did the regular set list. I tried like hell to get a ticket to the Belly-Up show but had no luck. I figured if there was any venue for him to break the usual routine and play some rarer material this would be the show. Maybe I'm selfish but I'm glad I did not miss much other than the chance to see him in a very small venue. I've seen Jimmy play the Fillmore a few times (which I know is quite a bit larger than the Belly-Up, but it's still much smaller than the usual arenas and large amphitheaters he plays) so, as awesome as it would have been to see Jimmy play in such an intimate venue, I'm feeling better about the fact that I could not go.
Tiki Torches
At the Bama Breeze

Post by Tiki Torches »

Congobill wrote:

I don't see the image of the setlist but, regardless, I'm kind of glad to hear he just did the regular set list. I tried like hell to get a ticket to the Belly-Up show but had no luck. I figured if there was any venue for him to break the usual routine and play some rarer material this would be the show. Maybe I'm selfish but I'm glad I did not miss much other than the chance to see him in a very small venue. I've seen Jimmy play the Fillmore a few times (which I know is quite a bit larger than the Belly-Up, but it's still much smaller than the usual arenas and large amphitheaters he plays) so, as awesome as it would have been to see Jimmy play in such an intimate venue, I'm feeling better about the fact that I could not go.
Here's a link to the image. It was posted by B u f f e t t World which is probably blocked by BN.

Belly Up Setlist